Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Foreign Movies

i-saw-the-devil-poster.jpg

I Saw the Devil

4/5

Vengeance and violence are nothing new to the Korean cinema, especially when it involves Min-sik Choi in the cast! This time however the movie is long and the torture and killing non-stop! For the most part is the brutality justified, though it is not as graphic as it could have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFozF1ATuBU

Even the rain

4/5

A film crew goes to recreate a historic event in front of the camera, instead they happen to witness a historic event happening behind the camera. A scenario which has been used before, one way or another. Nonetheless this is a strong film that touches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyOyUwwKgvc

A Prophet

4/5

For the most part this is a brilliant opus, however from time to time it tends to fall flat in terms of dramaturgy and not flow coherently. The cinematography and editing also suffer. But it is a movie worth seeing, especially if you are a fan of "Blood in Blood out"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiYQLcrUoI

District 13

4/5

This Parisian vision of dystopia came when the parkour fever had taken over the street culture and is an orgy in free running and jumping! However it never gets over-stylized and keeps things relatively realistic. The movie loses some pace and pressure halfway but gains it back towards the end.

District 13 - Ultimatum

3.5/5

This follow up takes things a bit over the top stylistically and thereby loses the relativity realistic tone which gave the first movie its credibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyOyUwwKgvc

A Prophet

4/5

For the most part this is a brilliant opus, however from time to time it tends to fall flat in terms of dramaturgy and not flow coherently. The cinematography and editing also suffer. But it is a movie worth seeing, especially if you are a fan of "Blood in Blood out"!

Agreed, not without fault, but one of the best crime films I've seen in many years.

Gonna go watch this del Toro production tonight! Really looking forward. Will follow up with a review later tonight.

You don't read my post anymore ?! hatman bebin .

Edited by Siamak

and here comes my thoughts as promised ...

Julia's Eyes

4/5

A Spanish thriller produced by del Toro with Hitchcock influences, starring Belen Rueda (the Orphanage). Despite its minor flaws and cheese-cake served at the very end, a la The Orphanage, it delivers a pretty solid story and suspenseful mystery.

and here comes my thoughts as promised ...

Julia's Eyes

4/5

A Spanish thriller produced by del Toro with Hitchcock influences, starring Belen Rueda (the Orphanage). Despite its minor flaws and cheese-cake served at the very end, a la The Orphanage, it delivers a pretty solid story and suspenseful mystery.

Did you liked the soundtrack?

The story of this movie has been written in a true story that happened a couple of years in Spain.

When the movie is over one of the family was not happy with how the movie has been cut and then have 11 minutes of original film, especially the end.

Is Del Toro's influence prevalent throughout the film pourya jan? Worth a purchase when the BD releases?

Yes, you can definitely feel his influence as far as producer goes. It shares many things with The Orphanage and Hierro. If you have not these on BD Pedram jan get them as they are released in UK and sold for reasonable price now. This one is also worth a BD buy. I am still waiting to buy that del toro trilogy pop up set on sale!

I have them both pourya jan, preferred Hierro to The Orphanage though. Let's hope Julia's Eyes gets a UK release too.

I too prefer Hierro to the Orphanage. However the critics and general opinion seems to be other that ours.

Haha yea, but isn't it always!! Like your good self, some of my favourite films are ones that were generally panned by critics hehe.

I actually love it when it happens!lol to be able to see beauty in things outers fail to see!

Saw 'The Skin I Live in' last week and it was fantastic, and i would thoroughly recommend it!

Banderas was the best he's been in years and its nice to see Almodover do what he loves! And man does he have an eye for the ladies, Elena Anaya is a vision with her goddess like body and angel like eyes, mesmerising you not only by her flawless skin but by her flawless performance also! An added favourite to my Almodover collection!

Edited by lolita37

The Skin I live In

3/5

An interesting story which is weakly told (plot holes) and badly concluded, leaving you a bit unengaged and indifferent.

NO

:star1::star1::star1::star1::star3:

Bernal is now the actor who has played most historic characters of south America and thereby also contributed to the cinematic homage of his part of the world. While No is technically well-made and played, the narrative is far too slow-cooking and boring for the random viewer who has no big interest in this particular topic.

The Flower of Love

:star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star3:

I was doubtful of whether or not I should watch this, but now I am glad I did, Christian Bale acting as an American in the Chinese soil protecting the Chinese civilian in a church, job well done!

• Like 1

Bronson

:star1::star1::star1::star2::star3:

This is a movie that showcases the brilliant acting skills of Tom Hardy, more than telling a true story of hardheaded criminal.