Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Foreign Movies

23316563.png

Snapped this up on BD on the weekend. This is every bit as good as the reviews suggest it is. Fantastic film, one of the best i've seen this year.

I haven't seen the Canadian original "Young People Funking" but for being a south European flick with youth as demographic target and sex as subject matter "Grado 3" is pretty tame!

grado-3.jpg

Sadly I missed this one when it was shown here in only a week! :eek_wft: from producers of Pan's Labyrinth and Orphanage. Have to catch it when it comes out on BD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yM62QhmZcw

Finally watched it and really liked it! Sophisticated cinematography, sustainable suspense and unlike what many critics assess also a consistent dramaturgy and fully comprehensive screenplay. I was even caught by its so called matryoshka twist!

hierro_3462.jpg

Mesrine I & II! Macro fact and micro fiction, make four hours of solid French cinema!

Mesrine%20artwork.jpg

I've seen this on BD at reduced price in HMV, i may pick it up on the back of your postive impressions. Have you seen "A Prophet" yet pourya jan? Also another stellar French film.

its the UK BD that I've watched, worth the sale price. Prophet I havent yet, watched the trailer and it didnt appeal to me, maybe when I have less to watch I give it a shot. I saw that Hierro which I wrote about above will be out on BD in UK this month, nice cover as well! will be getting it!

A Prophet is really of highest quality pourya jan. I'll check Hierro out then for sure.

Seems the continent is producing better titles than Hollywood at the moment!!

Edited by Omega

I don't think i saw the original pourya jan. I also see that they are remaking the excellent 2001 German film "Das Experiment", now called "The Experiment".

I watched many movie. Every movie is different types. These movies tell us different different new technology.The movie was average and was made to show off indie cred, which in turn makes it not indie. These movies are very terrible. I like these movies very much.

I watched many movie. Every movie is different types. These movies tell us different different new technology.The movie was average and was made to show off indie cred, which in turn makes it not indie. These movies are very terrible. I like these movies very much.

:))):damn:

Lol :)))

Those last two sentences are the best "These movies are terrible. I like these movies very much.", absolutely priceless!!!

The third instalment in the Vengeance trilogy and the second one I've seen from it. The non-linear narrative nearly messed up the dramaturgy, thus Lady vengeance did require a great deal of attention and patience. But the conclusion came rewarding at the end, for those who had waited!

sympathy-for-lady-vengeance-poster1.jpg

This is indisputably a contemporary classic of the Swedish cinema. An opus which very rightfully deserves the Criterion treatment that it is about to receive!

everlastingmomentsposter.jpg

According to me you have given a clear picture about the Foreign movies and there description. I have seen all the movies but haven't watch Monsoon Wedding. I like the story of the Malena, it is very beautifully made movie. But I am really keen to watch the Monsoon Wedding.

This is indisputably a contemporary classic of the Swedish cinema. An opus which very rightfully deserves the Criterion treatment that it is about to receive!

everlastingmomentsposter.jpg

Not heard of this one! Hopefully i'll pick it up on the back of your recommendation, should it recieve a UK release.

^doubt that one will get a UK release!

I was expecting a rawer and more provocative film, but this is the least violent Mafia film I have ever seen! It has a strong sense of realism thanks to its documentary style, but the same feature makes it also shallow and less evocative. You end up being apathetic towards the characters and conditions in the story.

8077676x.jpg

Two new REC movies planned, REC Genesis and REC Apocalypse! I particular look forward to the first one!

larnacoeur-heartbreaker-poster-2.jpg?w=535

Heartbreaker/L'arnacoeur

3.5/5

A decent mix of old-school continental and American styles of RomCom, which makes it highly attractive for a Hollywood remake. Even as a young boy I found Vanessa "Joe le Taxi" Paradis' face rather off-putting, and it doesn't help the case that she hasn't aged very gracefully!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOJkgDiHp3w

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec

3/5

I have never read the graphic novels and didn't really like the concept either, too childish and outlandish for my taste. But for what it was it looked great, especially the CGI and miss Bourgoin! And finally, vive la France, for showing nipples in a juvenile theme movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_57JDyVF00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7z0GRCAYjo

Slovenka

3.5/5

"Slovenka" tackles prostitution. A rather interesting social-realistic topic, however in a not so original cinematic fashion. Good performances by the cast, but the film comes short in terms of narrative and dramaturgy. While its starts solidly building tension and pace, it soon loses definition and destination. So much that you soon turn apathetic towards the lead character and the premature end doesn't really help the case of failed engagement.

Seems a good year for european movies :) .