Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Foreign Movies

i recommend to you ...

Breaking the waves (Lars Von Trier, 1996)

breaking-the-waves.jpg

The film is influenced by the realist Dogme 95 movement, of which von Trier was a founding member, and its grainy images and hand-held photography give it the superficial look of a Dogme film.

Watch it .

Mitt liv som hund (1985)

My Life as a Dog

is a sensitive look at a curious boy with a lot on his mind. Besides puberty, 12 year old Ingemar Johansson has to deal with his mother's dying of tuberculosis, his father's abandonment, a displacement that separates him from his brother, and the death of his dog.

peliculas.4290.IMAGEN1.jpg

I recommend :

One Litre of Tears

Based on a true story. This story is about a girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25.

The original story is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled “One Liter of Tears" has sold over 1.1 million copies.

Aya's only wish was “to live." By carefully depicting Aya's earnest desire to live, and the love of her family, friends, and lover, the drama, “One Liter of Tears" wishes to deliver her simple but strong message: “Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing."

1_litre_of_tears_series.jpg

I recommend :

Amelie (2001)

Genres: Drama

Starring: Audrey Tautou

When she grows up she becomes a waitress in a Montmartre bar run by a former dancer. Amelie enjoys simple pleasures until she discovers that her goal in life is to help others. To that end ...

I love it !

amelie3.jpg

Edited by Siamak

Un long dimanche de fiançailles (2004)

A Very Long Engagement (International: English title)

"A Very Long Engagement" tells the story of a young woman's relentless search for her fiancée, who has disappeared from the trenches of the Somme during World War One.

985876a-very-long-engagement-posters.jpg

I recommend :

The Band's Visit (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWYlLb0jm8U

THE BAND’S VISIT

Written (in Arabic, English and Hebrew, with English subtitles) and directed by Eran Kolirin; director of photography, Shai Goldman; edited by Arik Lahav Leibovitz; music by Habib Shehadeh Hanna; production designer, Eitan Levi; produced by Eilon Ratzkovsky, Ehud Bleiberg, Yossi Uzrad, Koby Gal-Raday and Guy Jacoel; released by Sony Pictures Classics. In Manhattan at the Lincoln Plaza, Broadway at 62nd Street.

Running time: 1 hour 29 minutes.

WITH: Sasson Gabai (Tewfiq), Ronit Elkabetz (Dina), Saleh Bakri (Haled), Khalifa Natour (Simon), Imad Jabarin (Camal) and Tarak Kopty (Iman).

I recommend :

Amelie (2001)

Genres: Drama

Starring: Audrey Tautou

When she grows up she becomes a waitress in a Montmartre bar run by a former dancer. Amelie enjoys simple pleasures until she discovers that her goal in life is to help others. To that end ...

I love it !

Easily the best movie I've ever seen.

Did you watched in french or .. ?

French w/ English subtitles. I know some French (I studied it in school and stayed in France for two months) but it isn't remotely strong enough.

French w/ English subtitles. I know some French (I studied it in school and stayed in France for two months) but it isn't remotely strong enough.

My dear friend...is good to watch in original language those movies which are Foreign Movies ,in this way you can creat a real conection with that movie...

Did you watch pas sur la bouche and l'auberge espagnole with Audrey Tautou as actress ? those are good movie too.watch them :) .

My dear friend...is good to watch in original language those movies which are Foreign Movies ,in this way you can creat a real conection with that movie...

Did you watch pas sur la bouche and l'auberge espagnole with Audrey Tautou as actress ? those are good movie too.watch them :) .

I'll keep an eye out for them the next time I'm out to rent a flick. :) And I agree, sometimes the meaning can get lost in translation.

This is good :) .

Amarcord (1973)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtG9ZM-ZHnY

One of the best movies which i recommend it to you if you REALLY love movies,if you didn't watch this until now,i am very sorry to say that... this meaning you don't know nothing about cinema ...

This movie is by Fellini (R.I.P) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zEn0e_pnQ

Edited by Siamak

As a huge fan of period pieces I get extra excited whenever I get to see a historic account from Russia! They often enjoy high production quality with a sense of authenticity that is rare to the genre. "Tzar" is no exception, along with excellent performance by Pyotr Mamonov who basically singlehandedly carries the movie on his shoulders! However the rigid style of narration doesn't help the film to reach its ultimate potential, unfortunately, leaving one with two very long and slow hours.

tcar.jpg

hatman khaham did,mamnun p jan .

"Rec 2"

Surprisingly a Horror movie sequel that is almost as good as its original! It takes over where the first Rec ended and while continuing the same path it tries to avoid a complete repetition of style by adding a computer game type of multi-cam narration and FPS. Not smoothly contextualized but still an appreciated gimmick. Rec 2 sets up for both a second sequel and a possible game!

rec-2-teaser-poster.jpg

Then you watched it P jan ? hmmm, that was a big sorprise for me ,eyval :brows: .

I loved the first one, why shouldn't I watch the second one?

nah .. manzuram ineh keh shoma in joor filma ro nemidi ya kam mididi, hatman bayad yek seri filmhay http://sitgesfilmfestival.com/eng ro bebini :) .

in sabkesh kami fargh mikone, makhsoosan avvalish! age oon akharesh nabood negah nemikardam! ahle zombie o inharfa nistam!

Pourya jan shoma beh omid Khoda tek sari bayad beh Barçelona bezani, choun artist hasti, art lover hasti, Barçelona ra hatman kheili dust khahi dasht, say kon ye barnameh dar ayandeh bezari, khodam hameh ja mibaramet, hameh kari mikonam barat. you will like Barçelona . :clap2: :brows:

Sadly I missed this one when it was shown here in only a week! :eek_wft: from producers of Pan's Labyrinth and Orphanage. Have to catch it when it comes out on BD!

Got many points in spain and France ! But.. but maybe you don't like his screenplay ! ... ( :damn: )

Cost me 50 euros to get it on blu-ray all the way from Spain but worth it! sexyness i HD! :D

Well this could have been about me if only I had written a diary! Hehe, no but its rather about a girl with an insatiable hunger for sex, living in Spain. This might sound like a Euro sexplotation cliche theme but I assure you that it is not the case. With a rather realistic approach this based-on-a-true-story book adaption tackles the cons and pros of both promiscuity and monogamy. From prostitution to relationships, love and lust. Not to mention the prejudices and morality that come with them. I happen to share the same point of view, morally and philosophically, as the story of the movie so the bottom line is in line with my own thoughts and sentiments.

diario-de-una-ninfomana.jpg