Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Ahmadreza Nabizadeh - "Baghalam Kon" (video)

:star1::star1::star1::star3::star3:

I have always loved the man's voice and music, even more than Aslani's. It might not have that classy touch of Aslani's but compensates that with a lot of homegrown charm. Ironically this video is shot in a space similar to Aslani's recent video and its easy to see in comparison that while Aslani's was shot with classic purism in mind this video has the aesthetics of a world music video. It looks messier and cruder. As a result it will work on a world music stage and festivals but it wont put Nabizadeh back on the map of the Iranian music, at least not for those who have no idea who he is. This wont appeal to the younger audience in general. I like this as it also reminds of some of Amir Aram's songs. I highly recommend everyone who has not to listen to the undiscovered gem, the album "Ye Roozi" by Nabizadeh. Its an album composed by Ghomayshi and co-arranged by Steve McCrumm during their golden collaboration period in the 90's! Listen here

:star1::star1::star1::star3::star3:

Nabizadeh has this warmth in his tone which makes its listeners his music better. I have never been a fan of is voice, however he's got a few real nice tunes, one being "Azizam" which as Pourya also mentioned was written by Ghomayshi, you could clearly hear Ghomayshi's album "Taak" arrangement touches in this song which obviously is attributed to Steve Mccrumm who happened to be the arranger of both, I wish larger budgets were provided for him, so that he could display his real work.

Nonetheless I watched most of his latest video and quite honestly wasn't too thrilled about it, there were certain elements which bogged me, but all in all it's good to see Nabizadeh releasing a new song after a long absent!

• Like 1

Actually bro the album Taak was completely arranged by Iman Foroutan from group Ishan! You can hear their signature euro- reggae drum in most of the songs, specially the title- track. McCrumm entered the stage in the album after that "Ghesseye Gol o Tagarg" and they worked together on several albums until Erwin Khachikian took over the role. They even did Ebi's album "Setarehaye Sorbi" together. McCrumm had a nice electronic new age sound which suited Ghomayshi's compositions nicely.