Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
PersianChord

Maziar Fallahi's new album

I kind of fast forwarded the songs. There's only two songs that I'll get back to later. The whole album seemed as 2 or 3 long tracks. Some songs sounded almost identical: Just listen to the vocal melody of "Matarsak" and "Ghorboone maste negahet" . If it weren't for lyrics, it'd be very hard to tell the difference.

He's used the same ideas over and over and over. It's like he's got one song, and then another two as a variation of the first song and so on. Also, his voice is way too soft for club songs.

I have been waiting for this, but not heard the album yet! I am a big fan of his music and voice and although he does have those same song tendencies you mention I thought he did a nice job providing variety in his Ghalbe Yakhi album! And the club songs there were perfect! Eager to hear of this one manages to meet my expectations. Will let you know once I have.

I have never listened to a single song of his, the main reason perhaps has been that because all my friends who like his voice keep telling me his songs are all soothing, yet depressive and sad lyrics. Now I am intrigued to listen to a few of his tracks and find out for myself the reason behind his popularity.

:star1::star1::star1::star1::star2:

I have now listened to the entire album and absolutely love it! I agree with the fact that Fallahi's songs in the past have suffered from that same song tendency, which back then put me off, but in his first album and mainly in this album things are different. He has tried to include a rather wide range of styles and even twists to his own signature style. Which might rub the hardcore Fallahi fans the wrong way actually, those who want everything to sound like one single song! But to my ears it sounds like a buffet of eclectic styles. There are experimentations that take a few times to grow on the Fallahi fanatics but they work and serve the album well. I fell in love with a girl through his songs once, and still I fall in love each time I hear Fallahi's soothing voice topping his velvety songs. Even the upbeat songs! And I dont even need anyone to fall in love with! This album is the best album of the year, so far, for me and I can honestly say that Fallahi is the single one favorite artist of mine in these messy days of Persian music.

btw here is the link to the album:

http://www.bia2.com/music/albums/1447