Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
PersianChord

Gooz O Shaghighe syndrom!

I was just listening to this fine song by Ebi for the first time, and I could not believe how the arranger had managed to come up with the most weirdest idea to screw up this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7PuKtnuFQ

This song is suffering from "Gooz O Shaghighe" Syndrom as these Solo haie Hendi have nothing to do with the rest of the song. Totally unrelated, Totally out of character....

• Like 1

hahaha, I agree with you! Though I think that ironically this influence is adopted to make the song sound fresh!lool Is the song by any chance composed by Farid Zoland?

You know I'm not sure who wrote this song but definitely want to find out who wrote those crappy solos. I just can NOT believe these guys sometimes. Too bad they're not active on any of the forums that I know. Would've been interesting to find out why ...

Who knows maybe they show up here! :;):

The reason why I ask is because Farid Zoland has always had orientation towards the Afghan and Indian influences in his songs.

Who knows maybe they show up here! :;):

The reason why I ask is because Farid Zoland has always had orientation towards the Afghan and Indian influences in his songs.

That would be totally fine, but this kind of approach is just horrible. If they're trying to give the song an Afghan/Indian feel, they should do it throughout the song as well. In this song, styles are not blending at all. Vasleie najoor is only thing you get out of it.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the collaboration of some foreign instruments and lines with that of the domestic's. Although it all depends on how to incorporate them. I remember back in 2000 when Jay-Z mega hit "Big Pimpin" was released the number 1 catch of this hit was in fact the unrelated yet super catchy Arabian music which BTW was stolen from Abdel Halim Hafez' song Khosara. It pulled it off for him and overnight became overly popular. There are a lot of other examples of such unrelated music collaborations that have actually worked and paid off.

I did a search and found a YouTube Clip which plays the tracks:

In aslan va abadan moosighiye ariayee neest!!! :thumbdown:

Jenaabali service nemoodid ma ra ba in Aryayee gibberish

• Like 1

I did a search and found a YouTube Clip which plays the tracks:

Exactly my point! Different genres/Styles are "blended"! You can hear that blend during entire duration of the song. You can hear the fusion in just about any part of the song, right? It's so obvious and prominent that the entire song is actually build on top of that idea. In all the examples you provided, you can start playing back from any where and you'll be able to hear it. That's how it should be.

Two or more styles fuse together and become one. Did that happen with Ebi's song?

Can't argue that, fully agreed. And that's when relevance comes into play, 2 foreign forces work hand in hand, complimenting one another all the way and consistently/relevantly, thus creating masterpieces...