Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

Whatcha Doin'???

Just got back home from theater, getting ready to hit the sexy bed!

Just got up. Enjoying my last few days of sleeping in before I am back at school again.....

writin and fightin with the judges and lawyers who are worth nothing :damn: but ready to go to Ibiza 2º :clap2: ...

have a lovely hot bezan va bekoooooooob weekend guys :DD ...

Pulling my hair trying hard to end the Friday on a happy note, ain't workign so far! :punishing_wft:

Just finished work and had lunch. It is very sunny but yet freezing. Damn you cold weather

Just got back home. I had 2 full days of eating lots of Skittles, Gummi bears, Sour patch, Doritos chips, Flamin Cheetos, m&m in 3 different kinds, plus other yummy stuff, while playing co-op games on Xbox 360 and then PS3. Loads of Fun. Sometimes it feels great to have some lazy Weekend stay home with your best friends, and party non stop like 12-13 YO kids, So relaxing!

Good for you bro, I know that feeling! :friends:

Just got home from the gym, hungry as hell! haven't had any lunch yet and cant bother fixing it either! Classic catch-22!lol

Procrastinating over an assignment that needs to be submitted by end of the week! I can see the finish line, but I seem intent on a photo-finish lol.

For my degree pourya jan. I was working full-time and studying part-time simultaneously for the past year, but since Feb I quite my job to study on a full-time basis. So the consequence is I have a rush of assignments and exams during the summer so that I am ready to commence the new academic year in October.

I would be lying if I said I was 100% sure I made the right decision in leaving a full-time job, but it was a financial sacrifice I had to make to ensure I gain my degree sooner.

Ah I see! Well good luck and for what its worth I think you have made the right decision pedram jan. Personally I've lived on existence minimum the past four years but its been worth it. Also this is the best time for you to do this sacrifice, as it would have hit you harder if you had done this years from now. As the Persian saying says, live on bread and herbs a few years then you will be able to live on on bread and butter the rest of your life. Of course this was the time before fat products became cheaper than vegetables!lol :haha:

lol thanks pourya jan, that proverb certainly resonates with my situation. That is the plan, to persevere a few years and then reap the benefits later. I must say though, the whole process of learning has really given me some extra impetus and stimulated my mind not just in the subjects I'm studying but also a greater perspective of peripheral aspects of life. I just have to cut back on my BD purchases hehe.

I must say though, the whole process of learning has really given me some extra impetus and stimulated my mind not just in the subjects I'm studying but also a greater perspective of peripheral aspects of life.

:k and that is exactly why I have always found my way back to academia, one war or another!

:D indeed. After my first stint at University, i vowed never to go back. I was put off academia completely. I was relieved to be working full-time and earning good money. The truth be told I was not mature enough to appreciate it at the time, it was almost a chore for me, to placate my parents. Besides, I was too young to pursue a subject that really inspired me.

Isn't it funny how attitudes you once deemed incomprehensible as a young man, now bring you the greatest joy and fulfilment! So on top of the rewards mentioned, I've also learnt a great deal about myself in the process.

Btw pourya jan, how is Sweden approaching masters programs. Is government there actively promoting such post-graduate programs with business and research grants?

Of course Pedram jan, I think its more or less the situation for everyone. When I first started uni in 1995 I felt so obliged to study that I took a break after only a year! Wasnt fully motivated and would be lying if I said I submitted my assignments and thesis in time! Far from it! But this second time around I was a completely different student! It was like being reborn with basic theoretical knowledge and get a new chance to fully appreciate things you didn't the first time. I nailed each deadline and went full throttle and savoured every minute of the day. While I also did see those who like my old self just waned to get away from the studies. So changes are natural and for most they are positive, which leads to maturity.

Swedes have always been fans of academia as we have some of the oldest universities in the world. The basic level of knowledge is very high and most people go for higher education because of personal development. The government really doesn't promote since post-graduate programs always get filled and there are both governmental and private business and research grants available.

Taking the day off from training due to bad knee, gonna sit at my fave Café, enjoy the sun and write/draw a some. Hopefully a lovely unexpected source of inspiration turns up ;)

-Workin until 28 July and going to Italy and then Greece and finally... Ibiza again .

-Practicin' Tar

-Finishin' my 5º chinese lang.

-Finishin' my 2º Astro-telescope curse .

Eh... This is the 2011 summer . . . :Angel_by_wft:

Driving back home . tired, but it's a very good kind of feeling tired. I don't mind it a bit

Home, sweet home, Just got back, getting ready to take a hamoom doomadi!