• Netherland
    • Germany
    • Portugal
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • An African Country
    • An Asian Country
    • Other !

Pedram jaan, friedly matches prior to such important events (WC, etc) are just meaningless, and they're just meant to be served as warming up and tactical purposes, I will not worry much about the dismal display of England in these friendly matches.

As for Sia's statement regarding Drogba and Essien I totally disagree!

I saw how play Drogba very near (Chelsea - Man utd last season !) and i don't see him a creative pro football player ! He is good (specially when he is fit !) when chelsea is attacting 4-4 by a plan !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8zlebbfz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw7ZSRV52dg

Drogba is good in Chelsea but not in Ivory Coast national football team .

You want a good one ? then look at S.Eto'o !

Essien .. I prefer the other african players than him ! just that ... !

Siamak, i disagree about Drogba's international form, he has scored 44 goals in 68 matches. That is a phenomonal record on the international stage. Drogba is a unique player, defenders absolutely hate marking someone of his physical prowess. He is clinical, strong and positionally perfect.

Regards to Essien, i think he is the best defensive midfielder in the world. Chelsea missed him terribly during the second half of last season. He is indispensable to them. Not only does he defend immaculately giving the likes of Lampard a free license to attack at every opportunity, but his sheer pace and tenacity also gives him a potent ability to bomb forward himself and link play brilliantly. i feel so sorry for Ghana, they have a fantastic side, but his loss is nothing short of catastrophic for their chances.

Siamak, who will you be supporting this tournament then?

Keano jan, will you be supporting the US against England on Saturday?

Pedram jan i follow Drogba since he was playing in Marseille - France ! He was very near to play in R.Madrid in that year and then his mode of playing football was changed by Mourinho 100% (like all african players in Chelsea !)... Is he a star ? Yes, he is ! but he is a Premier star ! Am i wrong ? maybe... we will see him in S.A !

I will support :

-Spain

-England

-Argentina

-Brazil

He had to adapt to the English game Siamak. So many "world class" strikers have come to England and been huge flops because they cannot handle the physical nature and fast pace of the premier league. Drogba's first season was relatively unimpressive, but he diversified his game and the reward has been huge as he yet again won the premiership golden boot.

I think now, even if he plays, he will not be the same after suffering a broken bone. It will play with his confidence and will affect the physical side of his game. A huge blow for Ivory Coast. The fact that Erikson is managing them doesnt bode well for them either. In my opinion the most overated of international managers.

I too think Argentina have a good team, world class players in Messi, Tevez and Mascherano. I'm not convinced by Maradona as a coach though.

Pedram jan i am very optimist man and lets wait him to play in S.A !

-Agree with you about Maradona .

* Do you think Tevez ever was (is) happy in Premier league ?!

* Do you think in generally south american players (pro 3 - 4 - 5 stars) are happy playing football in Premier league ?

Hehe well he must be happy with premier league salary!! I don't think he is particularly happy though living in UK. We don't attract many South American players in the UK, i think the climate is partly to do with it and the language barrier. That is why they predominantly play in Spain.

Pedram jaan, I believe you meant to say African players in your above post! :;):

No Keano jan, i did mean South American. If you see Siamak's question above, he asked me sepcifically about South American players in the premier league, such as Tevez etc...

Oh that's right, sorry Pedram my bad.

So what do you guys predict for tomorrow's matches? this is what I think:

My predictions:

South Africa 2 Mexico 2

Uruguay 2 France 3

Man I am so excited, can't wait till it kicks off! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I watched the opening concert last night. Man Shakira was hotttttt!!!! Black Eye Peas sucked, fergie couldn't hit a single note!

Can't wait for this to kick off tonight, i'm goign for South Africa 0 Mexico 1, Uruguay 1 France 1.

What are your predictions for the USA England match tomorrow?

Fergie Fcuks up a lot on the stage in live performance.

I predict the following for day 2:

England 3 USA 2 Yes USA will give a good run to their English counterpart

S. Korea 2 Greece 1 Greece has been on a decline recently, they will be outrun by the Koreans speed and high stamina

Argentina 1 Nigeria 0 A narrow win for the vastly favorite team

I agree Keano, i think the US will be a big test for England. The US beat Spain convingly in the confederations cup and were leading Brazil 2-0 in the final, so i think a draw is quite likely.

It is so hard to predict as the tournament atmosphere can present some big surprises! I was thinking that even Uruguay may surprise the french tonight. i've seen them play quite a few times and have looked impressive.

S.Africa 1 - 1 Mexico

Good match ! south african players were more ready than mexican (of course, because many of them were playing before 3 weeks in many important leagues of the world and they are still tired !).

The final result is fair !

What a rocket Tshabalala'sshot was man, quite impossible to stop by any GK. Only if they could hold on to it for another 10 minutes!

Mexico was clearly robbed off a clean goal, how the linesman missed the S. African player on the goal line is still beyond me. The Uzbek ref fcuked up right there!

What a rocket Tshabalala'sshot was man, quite impossible to stop by any GK. Only if they could hold on to it for another 10 minutes!

Intresting plan of C A Parreira , he knows very well that south american system and he put another system,against 4-4-2 which that was an amazing plan !

The Uzbek ref fcuked up right there!

I didn't like him too ! we (iran) have a co ref over there !

Edited by Siamak

Mexico looked quite jaded and frankly daunted by the immense atmosphere. I've seen them play far better than they did today, the first games always bring out the nerves and are notoriously unpredictable. I hope Uruguay beat France tonight!!

Mexico was clearly robbed off a clean goal, how the linesman missed the S. African player on the goal line is still beyond me. The Uzbek ref fcuked up right there!

Actually I was wrong up there, apparently the rule says, the GK along with another teammate have to be before the opponent player in order to cover the offside position of the opponent's player, in which case this goal was correctly disallowed!

Pedram jaan, I doubt Uruguay can beat the French, so far the first half was somewhat dominated by the French side, although first half performance can always be flipped over in the second half!

I hope Uruguay beat France tonight!!

lol, sorry about that :D

----

France played a little bit better than before the tornoment ! the rest ... a truly awful goalless draw !

Edited by Siamak

Nevertheless very boring first day of WC2010! -_-

South Korea 2 - 0 Greece

I am very glad to see this result by an asian team ! very good performance by south korean players,they fight very well and lets see what will be next.

Very disapointed about Greece ! how about that !? Greece looked anything ! that was an european team ? that was that team which won Russia ? Very bad one and tumbs down for Otto Rehhagel .

Argentina 1 - 0 Nigeria

I like this Argentina than before ! Seems argentinian players still couldn't find each other when they are playing after Maradona's arrangment but they tried hard to keep the result .Messi was 6/10 .

Nigeria played after Argentina's style and was lost in most part of that game.

Difficult match for Nigeria for future,they should change their style.