Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Keano

Kanye West what a loser!

Couldn't have said it better myself bro! :k

Jay Leno retired from "The Tonight Show" and currently Conan O'brien is hosting that show, while Jay Leno Launched and aired his first own show titled "Jay Leno Show" last night. There had been massive TV promotion for his new show and apparently his first show did quite well for him, I watched it myself and liked it, I have always liked Leno anyway! :)

Thanks bro, how unethical and arrogant of Benyamin, the guy is not even a great singer, and his vocal auto- tune effects are soaring all the way in his tracks. Sirvan is one of the only Iran-based singers whom I personally admire for his innovation and music style, very talented musician. Who is Benyamin a clueless Auto-tune singer with a big mouth and zero music knowledge who can't even perform live?

No Thanks!

Ironically, the style you speak of has recently been adopted by Kanye himself. I think Kanye has grown bored of stealing ideas from Western music, so he has now turned towards the Iranian industry for some inspiration lol.

I too have a problem with auto-tune, BUT, Benyamin is not without talent. He does compose alot of his own music, even before his solo career he lent his talent to religious compositions.

A guitarist can manipulate his sound through delays, distortion, EQ, phaser and flange effects. So i suppose you could argue that a vocalist should be afforded the same luxury. Let me tell you, i've spent a lot of time working in studios and even the best of singers have their voices engineered heavily.

Hi Pedram jaan and thank you for your reply, although I have nothing against utilizing sounds/vocals enhancing techniques and devices, however adopting features such as auto-tuner, melodyne etc in its most aggressive fashion throughout the album and in every single track is just not appealing and professional, it sort of knocks the music industry!

Using Plug-ins such as Vocalign (Mainly to align harmonies, doubles, unisen etc), or some normal and none-intensive pitch correction via different plug-ins is indeed a very common practice in almost all studios and for pretty much all vocalists. breaking down a note into several parameters is what most pitch corrections do, and I see nothing wrong with that, but again overdoing it over and over and in all tracks of an album annoys the crap out of me. I mean look at it out of all these people who frequently use Auto-tuner more than 90% of them are not real singers: Kanye West, Akon (The guy cannot hold one solid note for more than a split second), Many of Iran based singers, Mehrdad NY :haha: ... I wonder why these people resort to this deceptive device! :ph34r:

I too have spent more than 80% of my life in studios and making music, and I too agree that even the most prominent singers do manipulate their vocals and enforce pitch corrections, but afterall that's what makes Bryan Adams , Bryan Adams, also that's what makes Kanye and Akon, Kanye and Akon...

Obama ripped him a new one, which i found hilarious! If eve the president thinks your a 'jackass' then thats saying something about you! It was like kicking a puppy, poor girl was so shocked how much of an A**hole must you be to take away someone moment like that! :bandana:

Hi Pedram jaan and thank you for your reply, although I have nothing against utilizing sounds/vocals enhancing techniques and devices, however adopting features such as auto-tuner, melodyne etc in its most aggressive fashion throughout the album and in every single track is just not appealing and professional, it sort of knocks the music industry!

Using Plug-ins such as Vocalign (Mainly to align harmonies, doubles, unisen etc), or some normal and none-intensive pitch correction via different plug-ins is indeed a very common practice in almost all studios and for pretty much all vocalists. breaking down a note into several parameters is what most pitch corrections do, and I see nothing wrong with that, but again overdoing it over and over and in all tracks of an album annoys the crap out of me. I mean look at it out of all these people who frequently use Auto-tuner more than 90% of them are not real singers: Kanye West, Akon (The guy cannot hold one solid note for more than a split second), Many of Iran based singers, Mehrdad NY :haha: ... I wonder why these people resort to this deceptive device! :ph34r:

I too have spent more than 80% of my life in studios and making music, and I too agree that even the most prominent singers do manipulate their vocals and enforce pitch corrections, but afterall that's what makes Bryan Adams , Bryan Adams, also that's what makes Kanye and Akon, Kanye and Akon...

Keano jan, don't even get me started on Akon!! That guy epitomises the dire situation POP music is in right now. Completely void of ideas, talent and intellect. How these guys are able to sell themselves as R&B artists really does bewilder me.

The only 2 auto-tune singers i can stand are Benyamin and Amin Rostami. I don't believe Benyamin employs it for technical purposes as much as he does for actual effect. It is apparent that he possesses a unique natural tone beyond studio manipulation. Amin on the other hand manages to utilise it by seemlessly blending it with the soundscape, creating an almost ethereal and chilled finished article. So i guess there are exceptions with everything and it depends what we look for in music.