6 members have voted

1. 1. gaming system

• Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sega
    • Leap-Frog
    • Sony Computer Entertainment
    • Other

Who has and continues to make the best multi-media gaming systems and entertainment games?

SONYCOMPUENTERTAINMENT.jpg

vista-logo-490.jpg

nintendo-2.jpg

blake_102908_sega.jpg

ist2_5186722-leap-frog-cartoon[1].jpg

If we are talking purely about gaming then i believe currently Microsoft offers by far the best in the field. Not only through the 360 console but through the PC too, which technically is the superior platform.

If we are talking purely about gaming then i believe currently Microsoft offers by far the best in the field. Not only through the 360 console but through the PC too, which technically is the superior platform.

but how about sony Omega jan ?

PC is by far superior! However it also depends on which types of games you want to play as the range for games on PC is rather limited and often generic, while the new games get created for more powerful computers your computer can soon be outdated and unable to have the latest games played at! The consoles have a wider range of games and genres and also you can count on your machine to take on the future games as well since they are manufactured for teh hardware in mind.

but how about sony Omega jan ?

The PS3 is a great multimedia machine Siamak but it lacks the vast catalogue of games and exclusive titles that the 360 boasts. I think Sony messed up on this console war altogether, first they were slow releasing the PS3, then they opted for processor power over memory which limits it's capabilities with anti-aliasing etc. It is also understood to be a nightmare to programme games for, where as Microsofts console is much easier.

Furthermore, if you're an online gamer like myself, then you'll know that Microsofts "Xbox Live" is far superior to Sonys online offering. It connects more gamers, with better support and also has much more in terms of movies and downloadables.

Sonys console is actually aesthetically and functionally a more attractive piece of hardware. As a games console though the 360 wins for me :)

Omerga jan i just know the PS3 has good capabilities for displaying very detailed and complex graphics at fairly high resolution, without a doubt.

A console is only the device that let developers create the experiences we want, the games. A good console does NOT equal good games.

I respectively disagree with that last statement siamak jan. History has proved that without a good catalogue of games, a platform can fail. Just look at the Saturn and Dreamcast. Hopeless failures, despite offering highly capable hardware for their time. Sega ruled the 90s with the Master Sysem and Megadrive, Sony then prized them away by securing a better games catalogue/developers/publishers.

It may be too early to say, but i think Microsoft have now overtaken Sony commercially (number of units sold). You ask most avid gamers and they will tell you the same thing, that Microsoft have the better games. They literally stripped Sony of every viable exclusive title they had, and have even now secured Metal Gear Solid. Not to mention Microsofts excellent exclusives such as Gears of War, Halo 3, Mass Effect,Bioshock....

A console is first and foremost a format to play games, despite its evolution into a more multi-functional media solution. Sony won the HD format war and still have failed to sell as many units as the 360, so ts safe to say that consumers are still focused one 2 things, games and price.

I personally own both consoles and i can tell you that with the exception of maybe 2-3 games, almost all my gaming is done on the 360. It has a better controller, multi-format titles are often slightly better graphically on the 360 (mainly due to its RAM abilities and anti-aliasing prowess) and it's online suite is far superior.

The PS3 is a fantastic machine, still the best Blu-Ray player on the market, its aesthetically beautiful and its operating noise is non-existent. It's almost as if Sony concentrated and perfected all these finer details yet neglected its prime function, the games...

I voted PS3, simply because I believe its games' graphics are of higher quality and the console itself offers more, be it its noise-free operating system, the phenomenal Blu-ray, the elegant and slick design of the console...

Although I ought to agree with Pedram jaan on many of PS3's shortcomings, particularly online gaming's inferiority compared to X-Box 360, this is mainly due to the higher number of X-Box 360 users and owners, Although I believe this has nothing to do with X-Box 360's superiority or functionality whatsoever, PS3 needs to be a little more affordable price-wise and lower its price, thus attracting more buyers and catering to more users.

Apparently the slim version will be in the market in September. some speculate a higher retail price in the beginning, honestly I am not too crazy about the slim design, the original PS3 bore real elegance while this newer version lacks it, sort of fugly looking, but I won't be too quick to judge, so let's see.

Yeah the design is pretty lame, they wanted to go retro with that and screwed up! however the performance seems to be the same plus even less noise, less use of electricity and a bigger HDD! also the old model's price has dropped down so in terms of price $299 is a great one! Amazon and other online stores are shipping for that price as we speak!

Bro do you mind if I asked how much you paid for your PS3 and how many GB you got in it?

I've seen many graphics comparison between the 2 consoles and almost every one the 360 comes out on top IMO. There are exceptions, but it is regarded by developers as just so much easier to programme for and to utilise it's hardware. Sure the PS3's processor is more powerful, but its pointless when you have little in RAM capacity to channel it. They both have the same 512mb combined, but the 360's is not dedicated, therefore different processes can utilise it at any given time. The PS3 has 256mb for CPU and 256mb for GPU, therefore it is severely restricted. A major limiting oversight that Mr Gates has been quick to pick up on & slate Sony for such.

Here is a good graphics comparison article on multi-platform releases...

360 vs PS3

Regarding Xbox Live vs PSN; yes it has a much larger user base, but it has better servers, service and also it's features and design are much better.

In my opinion the PS3 slim is not something Sony have pitched for the reasons they market it. They have been forced to "re-invent" their console out of the sheer fact they are now 3rd place in the current gen console war. They are hoping this release will rejuvenate their consoles fortunes come the ever important christmas period.

I mean, just look at what is going to be the biggest game release of all time, Modern Warfare 2. it is essentially multi-platform, but Microsoft have secured exclusive content that will no doubt sway gamers towards the 360 console.

Also worthy to note, the 360 Elite (120gb) model is still far cheaper than even the new PS3 slim. Although without Blu-Ray capability.

Bro do you mind if I asked how much you paid for your PS3 and how many GB you got in it?

Bro I got it here in Sweden where we have 25% tax on such things so I paid the normal price for a bundle ps3 (80GB)+2games which was $550! Even with the price drop which makes the console 299 euros i main Europe the prices remain in Sweden! at least for now! So you guys basically pay the half of what we pay here! That has got me tempted to get a US version for the blu-ray region A player! Since the blu-ray players/discs are region coded unlike the games and I need either a regionfree player or a region A player to watch some US discs! admittedly I use the console more for the blu-ray than gaming! And like Pedram said PS3 is among the best players in the market! Criterion is a company that treats and releases selected movies for audio and vision freaks who want the best there is! and they have said that they use PS3 as the platform for their products! So thats some serious credit!

25% Tax is rip off!

Well the taxes go around so we get it back in other ways in our welfare system. After having lived in Australia and its system I now gladly live here and pay even though it might sting a bit at first.

good thing I haven't done the update yet, several of my friends' machines have crashed completely! :S I wait til the risk has been removed!

Last week one of my friends mistakenly spilled his beer on my PS3 whileI was playing a game with another friend, I immediately turned off theconsole, and turned it back on next day, fortunately it seemed likenothing was wrong with the machine, but last night I tried to play FIFA09 and the game kept on freezing, I had to turn it off and back onrepeatedly until I got frustrated and gave up. I gotta call them to seewhat I can do!

Keano jan chetor bud FIFA09 ?!

It's ok, albatte FIFA 2010 biroon oomade vali man hanooz bazish nakardam. I played FIFA 09 both on X Box and PS3, but the graphics on PS3 for sure was much better!

ouch! hope it works out bro! I have heard that beverages with sugar (which beer strangely contains) are the dangerous ones in such cases! The dried sugar will remain on the circuit and damage it!

Oh dear, i remember i spilt a can of Coke on my Sega Master System back in the day. Suffice to say it was as good as dead. Hope you manage to get it fixed!

Regarding Fifa 10, i purchased last week and they have taken the simulation realism to new levels. I purchased on the 360 and my bro has on his PS3. I have to say i actually found the 360 version to yet again provide a superior graphical edge. I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the fact that the PS3 version plays @ 720p and the 360 @ 1080p, or whether my new super LED just makes everything look so much sexier! :brows:

LOL guys the genuine consolation is well taken! :D R.I.P dear PS3 I guess! :haha: BTW a interestingly we had this sugar conversation with my friends just a few days ago and they were telling me how if you need to retaliate on some jerks just pour a table spoon of sugar in their gas tank and that should do it to total their car! hahaha, but seriously that's really fcuked up!

Pedram jaan, 720p to 1080p makes a huge difference, not to mention LED advantage! :dance:

BTW talking of LED, I am getting a Samsung 48" 1080p LED and I guess next week I should be getting it, I am so exited and can't wait to play my PS3 on it. Actually my friend works at Best Buy Electronic store and he can get it at less than 1/2 price for me. :clap: