Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

DVD and BLU-RAY discussion

Perhaps its just online. I have heard that while hmv's online prices are reasonable their instore prices for blu-ray are crazy! someone told me that there are two different management behind the stores and the online business.

Yea pourya jan, thats 100% correct. HMV's in-store prices on all ranges are often exorbitant. They are also inconsistent. You can find a CD in the sale section for maybe £5 and then somewhere else in the store the same CD will be £16! HMV still remain the best entertainment retailer in the UK though, their product range, store size and back catalogues are extensive and the staff are very helpful and informative. They face much greater competition online than the high st though, hence the better offers at their website.

I'm not a fan but great news for the fans!

The ComicCon Bender head is coming out in stores this November

All 4 (Original) seasons and the 4 spin off "movies" on 19 discs.

futuramacompcollecart.jpg

benderheadfront.jpg

bender.jpg

Thanks pourya jan. I now have most the seasons individually so i doubt i'll invest in this now. Although it does look like a nice set. I might consider it if a PAL version is released in the near future.

Hehe, indeed! The cartoons/animations look fabulous in Blu Ray, so vibrant! I'll certainly upgrade as and when they become available.

Just finished Californication Season 2 again although wish i had not purchased the DVD set. The Blu-Ray release has now been confirmed, albeit without a fixed date.

They have?!!!!!!! :eek_wft: where Pedram jan, on the official site? Man if so then I can wait! :DD

Sadly amazon has does such things in past without any item being ever released Pedram jan. Its just a way for them to reach the customers before others "in case" it is ever released! The show might be released on BD but sadly showtime's blu-rays are all region locked like Dexter and Weeds and haven't been released in Europe! Right now some series have been released on BD but on their later seasons! Like Scrubs, Burn Notice, How I met You Mother and some others! One just needs to wait for the early seasons to be released retroactively! Whats strange is that LOST seasons are some region free and other locked in US! since different companies release them! Otherwise they have a decent price for the 5-seaosn pack that comes before Christmas!

I will be getting entourage if released, strangely despite popularity it hasn't been yet!

I didn't realise pourya jan, bebaskhid. I thought as the products appeared to have publisher/product codes then it would be genuine. Let's hope so at least!

I love Entourage pourya jan, particularly the first 4 seasons. It's one of those shows though that doesn't necessarily appeal any extra to me in High Definition either, i don't kjnow why. I highly recommend it though even in DVD format pourya jan. It's up there with Lost as my favourite show, although this current season seems abit weak by its high standards.

Pedram jan the ASIN is just an intern number for Amazon to file products in its archive. But I understand how it can appear to be the products number.

Regarding entourage, to be honest after having gone HD I cant go DVD anymore!lol I can watch it on my laptop since it doesnt get upscaled and shows it as its supposed to but since I'm in no hurry I rather wait. I like to experience a new series on BD from the start instead of rewatch them in HD! :D

Pedram jan the ASIN is just an intern number for Amazon to file products in its archive. But I understand how it can appear to be the products number.

Regarding entourage, to be honest after having gone HD I cant go DVD anymore!lol I can watch it on my laptop since it doesnt get upscaled and shows it as its supposed to but since I'm in no hurry I rather wait. I like to experience a new series on BD from the start instead of rewatch them in HD! :D

Haha, you are a true convert pourya jan! I admire your dedication to the new format! I've still yet to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak. We are still at the stage of transition where we are seeing BD version coming months after its DVD release. Patience is a virtue but not my greatest asset lol, so at the moment i'm still opting for the immediate DVD releases. In-store prices are still over-inflated too :( Call me old fashioned, but i still love the experience of purchasing in-store (i spread my shopping equally between online and in-store).

Where do you stand on replacing your DVD back catalogue with BD? Do you intend to, or will you only for LE?

lol Pedram jan, the impatience you've got equals mine in regards to playing games! :haha: Though I do recall you waiting to watch lost eps in HD each week, well at least til the finale!lol :D The thing is that watching DVDs on my 46-inch sucks no matter how greatly it gets upscaled its still not made for such viewing! Its full of grain and I cant justify a purchase just to watch grainy stuff! old DVDs sure, but I wont pay good cash for DVDs anymore! unless its movies I know will never get a BD treatment!

I too love to buy things in stores however the reality is that a blu-ray disc bought online today is 1/3 sometimes 1/4 of the in store price if you make an effort and check all stores online! I have now put together a collection of 40 BDs in a month, bought from UK, US, Sweden and ebay and for that price I would have got only 10-15 discs in stores here! Limited editions in fancy boxes would been a risk but since BDs are at the moment mainly in barebone blue cases its cheap and easy to buy online! Even on ebay! You cant imagine how cheap some stuff are on ebay, though not the uk ebay! I get the US regionfree discs from ebay for 18-20 dollars delivered! Now that is cheap, in stores here you pay 30 dollars for that or more! what i do is to put stuff i like in my cart and leave them there to check each day for price drop! its an adventure to find bargains!lol for instance I bought Shakira's Oral Fixation for £4 in a one day bargain! :D

When I got over to DVD from VHS I only bought the favorites again, now I do the same when going blu! Whats good though is that i dont have that many faves and not all of my fave movies are available on BD yet! each month maybe one or two get released! this way I get to upgrade the collection without spending a fortune! and the BD LEs are very rare atm so it makes it less complicated!

Thanks pourya jan. I now have most the seasons individually so i doubt i'll invest in this now. Although it does look like a nice set. I might consider it if a PAL version is released in the near future.

for today only its $74.99!

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Guy-Domination-Collection-Amazon-com/dp/B001DEO7LK/ref=xs_gb_A1GRQ1NQKBTT70?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06BSZF7KB9W46FPBFJ39

Now that is a fantastic price!! From experience pourya jan, am i likely to get hit hard on customs with this? At that price i'm so tempted!

I see your point with DVDs on large screens, the pixel density detiorates as the screen gets larger. Even the best of upscalers can't combat this.

Have you equiped yourself with 5.1 surround sound system yet pourya jan?

Lets say if I was a fan I would have got it without hesitation! I mean in worst case you end up paying around $120 for the whole thing in hand! If I was a fan I would have paid that price in store! See if thats worth it, if it is go for it pedram jan! :D

To be honest the whole upgrade from the old thing to this huge screen is overwhelming enough!lol :haha: But 5.1 surround sound system is on my mind, maybe next year!

Excellent decision pedram jan! This is a true bargain and beautiful display item! I'm not sure if this is your first US purchase but it will be a fun experience! Hopefully no hassle or damages! :clap:

Received this embossed little fellow from Canada today! :D Love this one, to me one of the best made this decade! Reminiscent of Abel Grimmer's paintings, though stylized!

desp01.jpg

desp02.jpg

for star trek fans!

ummm... yokhdeh gerune ! :eek_wft:

Great news for those who waited for the Fringe seaosn one, the cover of the US edition which will be regionfree on Blu-ray is lenticular (3D)! Meaning it will shift from faces to the Fringe symbols! You can see it in the link below! Will be getting this one for sure!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fringe-Season-1-Box-Art/11991