Forum | Bia2.com
Siamak

Mohsen Namjoo

Recent Video from a new interpretation of Mohsen Namjoo's song Serahe Azari .

funny thing is that me and Namjoo are both same age, yet somehow I always regard him as an old man!lol :haha:

Iran has sentenced renowned Iranian singer-composer Mohsen Namjoo to five years in prison over what has been described as insulting religious sanctities.

After an Iranian Quran scholar filed a complaint against Namjoo, taking his musical performances of Quran verses to court, the Iranian judiciary gave the popular Iranian musician, who was absent from the hearing, a five-year prison sentence.

Namjoo, who practices a subtle form of protest music, was charged with "disrespecting religious sanctities", "a contemptuous performance of Quranic verses", and "insulting Muslim holy book".

He had presented "an insulting, sneering performance of Quranic verses with musical instruments," Namjoo's plaintiff said.

After the complaint was lodged, Namjoo's brother and lawyer Hamid Namjoo dismissed the accusation, saying the Iranian singer "did not mean any disrespect."

Namjoo himself did not provide any explanation in his defense.

The Iranian singer, composer, and Setar player -- described by the US daily The New York Times as the 'Iranian Bob Dylan' -- is not currently in Iran.

what is the source to this news? I want to post it in my blog but fear that it might be a hoax!

what is the source to this news? I want to post it in my blog but fear that it might be a hoax!

the news :

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=10059...ionid=351020101

also what he said (his answer ?!) in BBC :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/2009/07/...an_namjoo.shtml

Artists in Berlin

Gathering in solidarity with the Iranian people

At 4:25 of part 1, Mohsen Namjoo makes an interesting revelation and reads a courageous poem, "Faghih Khoshgeleh." Iraj Jannati Ataei appears at 9:00 of Part 2 and goes on into all .

Ahange Qoran

Namjoo, Mohsen

• Like 1

داریوش پیر نیاکان گفته: «ما اصلا آقای محسن نامجو را موزیسین نمی‌دانیم كه از ایشان دفاع كنیم».

قضیه مربوط می‌شه به محکومیت قضایی محسن نامجو به خاطر خوندن آیات قرآن. محسن نامجو آیاتی از قرآن را به صورت آواز خونده که البته لحن مخصوص به خودش رو هم داره. گرچه توی بعضی از آهنگ‌های معمولیش هم آیاتی از قرآن هست (وعتصموا بحبل الله…)، ولی بیشتر بحث روی قطعه‌ای هست به نام (والضّحی) که تماماً آیاتی از قرآن هست و تا جایی که اطلاعات من یاری می‌کنه از یک سوره هم نیست.

این از توضیح. اما میخوام راجع به حرف آقای پیرنیاکان صحبت کنم. نخست اینکه حالا محسن نامجو هیچی، هرکس توی این کشور یه سبک جدیدی رو بخواد پایه‌گذاری کنه، آدم حساب نمیشه؟ موزیسین حساب نمیشه؟ یعنی ایشون هیچکدوم از هنرمندان تلفیقی کشور رو موزیسین حساب نمیکنن؟

دوم اینکه اصلاً خانه‌ی موسیقی ایران برای چی تشکیل شده؟ برای مخاطب موسیقی؟ اگه محور خانه‌ی موسیقی مخاطبین هستن، محسن نامجو یکی از پرطرفدارترین هنرمندان کشور در سال‌های اخیر بوده. و جالب اینکه اتفاقاً طرفداران نامجو اکثراً از بین مخاطبین خاص هستند. اگر هم محور خانه‌ی موسیقی هنرمندان هستن، که آقای نامجو گرچه سبکش توی خانه‌ی موسیقی تعریف نشده اما یک آلبوم رسمی موسیقی داره که خیلی هم پرفروش بوده. خانه‌ی موسیقی ماهیتش چیه که با محسن نامجو جور در نمیاد؟

محسن نامجو آدم مظلومیه کلاً. از تکثیر غیر مجاز آثارش بگیرین تا محکومیتش توی دادگاهی که معلوم نیست کجا تشکیل شده (به گفته‌ی برادرش که وکیل هست) تا اینکه آقای پیرنیاکان میفرمایند: محسن نامجو رو اصلاً موزیسین حساب نمی‌کنیم که ازش دفاع کنیم!

Mohsen Namjoo

No more self-censorship

Mohsen Namjoo says he won't be censoring himself any longer and talks about his upcoming album.

Cinema and human rights with the Iranian rocker

Cinema and human rights in Venice: two days devoted to the freedom of information and expression on Thursday and Friday. Inspired by article 21 association with the collaboration of Annaviva and Cinecittà light, the days cinema and human rights submit documentaries and movies, testifying sacrifices and daily eroismi peoples who seek to build freedom and democracy.

The initiative will be presented tomorrow by Octavia little, Babak Payami, Paul Baratta, Marco Mueller, Fabio grenade, parent company PDL Commission culture, Francesco Maria tour, Luciano Sovena, Beppe Giulietti spokesperson for article 21.Uno of two days, in collaboration with Fabrica events, Mohsen Namjoo, concert Friday 11 at the 23-the Quintessentially terrace. The young Iranian rocker will perform world premiere some songs of his new CD produced by Fabrica, entitled "OY" and next exit.

http://news.cinecitta.com/news.asp?id=29618

http://www.articolo21.info/5745/editoriale/il-rocker-persiano-mohsen-namjoo-a-venezia.html

او در ادامه گفت: "قانونی به نام کپی رایت و حق مولف در ایران نه تنها درباره من که برای هیچ کس وجود ندارد."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/2009/09/090926_maf_iran_italia_mohsen_namjoo.shtml

The title of this thread threw me a little... "Mohsen Namjoo" and "good singer" aren't exactly words that i would use in the same sentence lol!

Who's this guy? is he supposed to be a popular artist in Iran or within Iranians? what's so special about him? I played a few of the clips Siamak has provided us here with and frankly speaking I found him a terribly horrendous singer, listening to his vocal was torturous for my darling ears! listening to a few minutes of his speech video clip bored me and gave this implication of a shady man, why not being a straight shooter and say what's in your mind straight out? is he trying to sound like a political musician? (I just can't call him a "Singer").

"babate oonchici ke pish oomade ...", very diplomatic and safe play!lol

The title of this thread threw me a little... "Mohsen Namjoo" and "good singer" aren't exactly words that i would use in the same sentence lol!

My exact thoughts! :u:

lol as a matter of fact bro he is currently residing in California for studies, so you are neighbours!lol :D