Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
SARWARKURD

karim xan zand

iam now reading in detail iranian history.... these days i reached the era of KARIM KHAN ZAND, many kurdish historians regard him as a kurd... how you think?

Edited by SARWARKURD

iam now reading in detail iranian history.... these days i reached the era of KARIM KHAN ZAND, many kurdish historians regard him as a kurd... how you think?

Yes, he was a Kurd.

Never again!

He lived in Shiraz and was from a Lak tribe. Although similar to Kurds, the Laks are technically a different ethnic group whose language is often lumped into the Kurdish dialects. Similar to how Lori is lumped into the Persian dialects. In all honesty, it doesn't matter if he was Azeri, Kurdi, or Pars, because at the end of the day he served Iran and regarded himself as Iranian.

He lived in Shiraz and was from a Lak tribe. Although similar to Kurds, the Laks are technically a different ethnic group whose language is often lumped into the Kurdish dialects. Similar to how Lori is lumped into the Persian dialects. In all honesty, it doesn't matter if he was Azeri, Kurdi, or Pars, because at the end of the day he served Iran and regarded himself as Iranian.

but to me it is important that he was a KURD

but to me it is important that he was a KURD