Forum | Bia2.com
Bia-Ped

Memory Lane

She's a hotty pourya jan. not heard of her before. I actually like the song too, how that dirty country lick is mixed on a contemporary pallette, works very well!!

Haha, i love that new terminlogy you brought into your last review pourya jan. Works well! Btw, will you be doing any new reviews? Askari's perhaps?

His I will review when receiving it, right now its like the industry is dead! Its November already and nothing! They began with an excuse not to release during the tragic events of the summer then it all just stopped! Both LA and Iran! This is the longest hiatus experienced this millennium!

I can't even remember the last high profile LA release, it's been particularly quiet that side of the world. K&H were supposed to release their album in April!! Idin's is due before christmas and by all accounts Andy has a new one on the way too! Most likely be a long time yet 'til we see any of them though :(

It's all due to budget problems, music industry particularly is hurting badly, especially Iranian market abroad, illegal music downloads has paralyzed all music record companies, making it impossible to make any profit off of record sales, as a matter of fact, they often lose money on record sales and their main source of income is the small percentages they charge their artists for the concerts, add to all that the sloppy economy...

I really feel sorry for many of these Iranian singers abroad who know nothing but singing and music, especially the older generation whose English language is insufficient to communicate with the non Iranians!

The Iranian industry and market are both plagued by destructive mentality! If one works, the other instead of boosting it sucks it dry, leeching on it! Its basically how our culture has worked in recent centuries, ignorance and arrogance leading to erosion!

Agreed guys. I can imagine that there really is little/no money to be made through sales these days. This is why so many of the concerts are at extortionate prices too. I wonder whether some artists are even self-funding their releases to combat this prob. A worrying trend is that the illegal trade is now even having an impact on Western industry too!

Precisely Pedram jaan, The main reason for high price live concert tickets is to make up for the sloppy record sales, back in the 90's an artist would get paid certain amount of money from the record companies to produce an album and release to the market, often most artists would end up making some money off of their album budget, however those days are long gone and the only way for the artists and record companies to pocket some ca$h is these so-called "Expensive" tickets, but if you ask me both people and artists deserve this treatment!

TBH I think to differentiate between loyal fans and regular fans, right at the concert halls the record companies should set up a music booth, where they can sell albums and whoever purchases the original albums will get some percentage of the purchased tickets reimbursement, this way more people are encouraged to buy CDs and support their fave artist while saving on their concert tickets!

Thats a great idea Keano! It's important to mention that the LA industry has always had a limping leg when it comes to distribution outside US! Even long before Internet only selected shops in Europe imported few copies of selected albums and that sometimes months or year after the release! I recall that I myself had to call to neighboring countries sometimes to get an album bought and sent to me! I have basically NEVER been able to get an album immediately after its release! While bootleg copies were available only a week after! That means that the pirates had a better network than the industry! And this has never improved by the LA industry, today domestic productions reach our shops faster through travellers' luggages! LA might never find a solution for sale in the domestic market however when it comes to Europe they were just lazy! And then it was too late, when the Internet came people were able to download the album days after its release in US and once it got to them as a CD only fans bought them! If they found them that is! Today even the few shops in Europe that did import have more or less stopped or just take orders without risking! And lets face it, few of Iranian in Europe buy things online let alone Iranian music!

Spot on analysis bro, spot on!

Completely agreed on everything you said! :k:k

Good idea keano, you should float that suggestion with the relevant powers, it may take off.

I see now that some segments of the industry are embracing itunes, which is encouraging but with the releases also widely available for free download, it won't take off. Unfortunately the consumer will need an incentive to prize them away from illegal habbits!! It shouldn't be that way, but it is. I'm not as cognizant of the inside realities of the iranian industry as u guys, but are these illegal sites basically untouchable then? I mean, barring torrents, western industry has been relatively effective at shutting down free download sites. Surely the LA products are protected by federal law. Is there an apprehension for such action due to a fear of totally losing the industry alltogether?

I remember around 2002-2003 Caltex records had spent nearly $500K to employ attorneys and international law firms to assist them in shutting down all internet-based illegal download boards, any sites promoting and offering illegal music downloads of Caltex properties would get shutdown in a matter of a day or even hours, no matter who and where the sites were operated at! I can't remember exactly what the details of this contract was, but as I mentioned earlier, the total cost was something around 1/2 million US dollars.

In all honesty most of this whole mess is due to the incompetence of the record labels in their sloppy and laggy album distribution globally, Add to it the stubbornness and idiocy of all of them as a whole, Should they all become more collaborative and less selfish, together they can help one another by employing and adopting the Western music industry's guidelines & efforts in slowing down illegal music download and distribution, they may increase their overall sales therefore encouraging public to refrain from resorting to such lame actions, thus helping to boost the quality and efficiency of Iranian music!

This is what I call a mega hit and everlasting song, "I will always love you"

Yaadesh vaaghean bekheyr!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19rC-Fl-KwM

Thanks for that info Keano jan. It's a shame then that this process wasn't fruitful for the companies and industry as a whole. I also agree entirely with your assesment of the labels distribution inadequacies. I can't begin to tell you how hard it is to get hold of legal copes in my city. All the iranian shops here sell copies and even some insist they are legit when clearly not (with front covers printed on a deskjet printer lol). So i either have to wait until i am in London for LA releases or rely on friends and family in Iran to send domestic releases.

Great clip too keano, i love that song. They took a good Dolly Parton song and reinvented it masterfully. I absolutely love Whitney's voice and the sax solo is perfect! A fantastic example of how to nail an instrumental solo in a pop realm!

That entire Bodyguard soundtrack is exquisite! Brings back some memories.

not bad pedram jan, they have kept much of the original, however I really love how the chorus of the original takes off and this one is something of an anticlimax with the dampened chorus and nasal female voice. sandra's 3 first albums are full of such hits begging to be remade!

Sandra

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: