Forum | Bia2.com
Bia-Ped

Memory Lane

hehe, 13 or 14! :D It's really amazing how much time and effort my generation spent grooming at that age while today's younger teenage boys seldom do it! You know, when looking back at these old pics I really feel glad that I went through such periods of influences! Because they came to shape me to the person I am today! And let me tell you, I have had so many different haircuts and beard styles! :haha:

Haha likewise pourya jan. I was too late for the nu-romantic trend, but i fully embraced the early 90s boy-band inspired looks (remember the famous Nick Carter curtains?! lol), and was particularly meticulous when it came to grooming. These days the "out of bed" look is the "in" look, so kids seldom feel the need to be so precise with their styling.

I think this nu-romatic look suited you though pourya jan, no doubt you had little trouble in enticing the girls at school hehe :brows:

haha, yeah I recall the curtains! :)) had you dyed it blond or a dark version?

My hairstyle in early 90's was inspired by the band color me badd's member to the right! a longer curtain!lol hehe :D

album-Color-Me-Badd-CMB.jpg

Yeah I really liked the new romantic look because it gave such a serious and mature look that went well with my personality and appearance! And I cant lie, girls loved it! :D Its not coincidental that I lost my virginity at 11! :brows:

lol! Well i opted for my standard colour with the curtains, my parents forbid me to dye it at that age lol. A restriction i soon remedied later in my teens hehe. Did you ever dabble with the peroxide?

The girls went crazy for the curtains and a healthy portion of hair gel!!! I'll have to try find a few pics!

actually already when I was 11 I did put highlights in my hair, and before the pic above I had a mullet with a frosty fringe!lol :))

good times ...

A classic pourya jan!!! :clap2: THe British boyband "Blue" covered that track, allbeit to a far lesser standard. My favourite gem from Next would have to be "Wifey", which was their biggest hit here in the UK. A similar band that i used to be hooked on were Dru Hill. The track that got me into them was this super smooth groove....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2t0gJz8ESEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2t0gJz8ESE

shame, cuz i really love his voice! one of those voices that went well with both classic soul and funky RnB!

Totally agree, i loved the Dru Hill ballads and soul just as much as the upbeat R&B tracks. Very versatile voices and fantastic harmonies. Their album was ultimate bedroom music!!

hamin kam bud keh man Dru Hill gush konam :D .

The tech-wiz generation's icons from late 80's! The information society were one of the first acts in American industry to bring electronic music mainstream through their POP-PUNK-FUNK/FREESTYLE debut "Hack"! Paramount even halted their album because of their samples of Star Trek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XlG3zyeVTU

they still exist and preform!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLdiTALJBo

Good old days,Youssou Ndour featuring Neneh Cherry: