Forum | Bia2.com
Bia-Ped

Memory Lane

Like Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran changed style in the 90s and did not sound as catchy and instant anymore! I stopped listening to both, even though I still give each new album a chance nothing catches!

I like the late 80´s/90's queen, the early songs I just cant stand! But the older they became the more mature and mainstream the songs got! The Show Must Go On is the best queen song in my opinion, the last single which was very appropriate!

Frankie Goes To Hollywood is another fave act from the 80's! Both of their albums are great, even the second less known one! This political song is from that album!

Agreed 100% pourya jan. The early Queeen was far too pompous and overly theatrical for my liking, the later stuff was much more mainstream focussed and desirable to my ears.

Frankie Goes to Holywood are often unfairly dismissed as one-hit wonders, i have one of their albums on Vinyl (i forget which one now!) but it was full of HITS. Shame they didn't go on for longer.

One of my fave artists from the 80s...

I think you have the debut "Welcome to the Pleasuredome", with one hit after the other! "Relax" (such a controversial and clever song!), "two tribes", "war (great cover)" and the title track! Does it have the original painting on or the censored group photo? the original one i have got the Picasso inspired orgy painting inside! :brows:

51WVJ0Z7MXL.jpg

the Power of Love ballad is still one of the mightiest ballads ever made! Still gives me goosebumps!

Yeah that Collins song is a fave! I am not a fan of Collins ballads from early 90's like many are, I am more fan of the more upbeat Genesis inspired songs! Genesis is another band which's early songs I didn't like! The Gabriel era, yesterday I picked up a 2CD+1DVD digipak set of their HITS!

this is a big fave!

and of course this HUGE hit video!

this later one you can hear Collins own influences dominating!

Yea that's the one pourya jan. It's been awhile since i checked my vinyls, they are boxed away in the attic somewhere hehe. But i do remember that drawing on the sleeve, it may have even been a black background though, i'm not sure. Unfortunately, i don't currently have a vinyl player, i need to invest in one because i have many great records in that format that i would love to re-visit!

Hehe, i have had a similar debate with a friend regarding Genesis' best days. I personally am a fan of Collins works rather than Gabriels. I think it has more to do with the fact that Collins became the lead when i got into them, Gabriel was alittle before my time. I was a fan of Gabriels solo efforts though, particularly the "So" album. I loved the myriad and diverse influences contained in it> one of my faves from the album, incidently never released as a single in the UK, but a MONSTER HIT in the US...

Awww Depeche Mode....

In videoclip e Pet Shop Boys too Milan kardan....zamane 80s "Paninaro" is a gergal definition of 80s rich guys in Milan....

Edited by Michellica

Yea that's the one pourya jan. It's been awhile since i checked my vinyls, they are boxed away in the attic somewhere hehe. But i do remember that drawing on the sleeve, it may have even been a black background though, i'm not sure. Unfortunately, i don't currently have a vinyl player, i need to invest in one because i have many great records in that format that i would love to re-visit!

Hehe, i have had a similar debate with a friend regarding Genesis' best days. I personally am a fan of Collins works rather than Gabriels. I think it has more to do with the fact that Collins became the lead when i got into them, Gabriel was alittle before my time. I was a fan of Gabriels solo efforts though, particularly the "So" album. I loved the myriad and diverse influences contained in it> one of my faves from the album, incidently never released as a single in the UK, but a MONSTER HIT in the US...

Yeah, I don't have a vinyl player either! sadly! I am waiting to get one when I settle down in a couple of years, right now the way I live and move its not practical! But vinyl is hot again these days! even the new albums get released as vinyl, sometimes twice the price of a CD! :eek_wft:

to be honest Pedram ja, I have a bot problem digesting Gabriel's voice! Dont know if its his Sledge Hammer that affected me negatively or not but it gives me a headache!lol

Nice ones Mona, Paninaro is a fave! That song was originally released as a MAXI version, then a single edit! This remake came in 95 as a flirt with Euro Disco!

My favorite Depeche album is "Music for the masses"! I have to pick up the remastered digipak soon, with the backsides and videos! Love this one!

This is another one of my favorite one hit wonders! Back in the 80's Michael Cretu aka ENIGMA wrote this song for the German singer Peter Schilling which became a huge hit in many European countries!

Nice song pourya jan. I like what i've heard of Enigma themselves, great music. From what i understand the guys now focus purely on song-writing for others though.

I'm going to fast-forward to the 90s with a local band, that now went on to become an international phenomonan!

As i've mentioned here and in my blog before Pedram jan ENIGMA is a one-man act! :;):

http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=306

Enigma still releases own albums but continue producing for others as well.

http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=640

I remember this song and video! I love how the music, the lyrics and the video work together to tell this disturbing story and the mystery it leaves behind!

Thats a fantastic song. I've never heard it before, love the melancholy and the violins. The type of sh*t i love!! Who are this "Therapy?", an Enigma production?

My favorite Depeche album is "Music for the masses"! I have to pick up the remastered digipak soon, with the backsides and videos! Love this one!

Nice one..i like that song!

what about those.....

I LOVE that song:

I have always had a bit hard to digest The Cure's music! Not sure why!

Save A Prayer, one of my alltime favorites! And a beautiful video!

Not really a fan of The Cure either myself, but the "Disintegration" album was genius. I preferred the dark and lush soundscapes explored with more emphasis on the keyboards. I still play it every so often when the mood strikes.

You're right pourya jan, that A-Ha album is an all time classic. It's amazing how today they are often remembered only for "Take On Me", because that album consisted of lots of HITS. I think that whole album captures the essence of the 80s for me, you can play it and immediately revisit the era.

btw, is that Lela Star in your avatar pourya?

A one hit wonder from the 90s that i used to love...

Edited by Omega

Indeed its miss Lela! :brows:

a-ha's three first albums were in my opinion all solid! like the song for the bond movie living daylights! then they kinda lost it, i got their new album but haven't listened yet!

I remember Secada, I was one of the few who knew him before this hit! in association with Gloria Estefan and her husband!

This is another fave, both the song and its singer! :brows: Kim Wilde followed up the success of this one in a late 80's album filled with hits, but then she lost it as well!

this was one of her comeback hits in 88! i recall finding her so hot in that makeup and tight outfit! I saw that ass live! :wub: sorry about the audio, this had the best picture quality so i took this clip!lol :icecream:

lol Kimmy was hot back in the day!! Don't hear much from her these days though. Same goes for Jon Secada, he seems to be purely focussed on song-writing for others and some backing vocals for prominent latino artists.

I also remember this one hit wonder from around the same period as "Just Another Day".....

I remember that one! Its a good song but I dont know why I feel the same about all one-hit-wonders released that year! I think thats the year the music kinda dropped in quality and led to a rather anemic decade in terms of sustainable music!

In these days of summer there is one summer jam that keeps coming back to me every year since 82! :Yo-man_-_wft:

Awwww good old day... :wub: brought back so much old memories, Pet Shop Boys back in the days had such nice tunes!

Great thread Omega jaan, damet garm.

What nights I spent with this song back in early 90's:

:huglove:

Oh man, you guys rocked my night man! :friends:

How sweet those teenage crushes were man! :wub:

Haha your welcome Keano jan. I liked that Duran Duran song. The 90's, although admittedly musically/artistically inferior, was the soundtrack to my childhood. There were some gems from that decade, including this one...

those are not 80s - 90s but deserve to be posted......

REM were great Pedram jaan, that's a great tune, also their all time hit 'Losing my religion' was another gem:

the 80's was the busty ladies' decade and I thought reminsicing two of the memorable mammaries of my teenage years! hehe

Samantha Fox and her Touch Me! Her moaning made me bust a nut back then! :haha: my bedrooms walls were covered by her topless posters! Sadly that lovely fave and body has turned to something far from pretty these days! :(

And her dark counterpart, the Italian Sabrina who couldn't really sing, but then again no one really cared! :haha: watch her nips at 02:18! I loved the liberal TV of the 80's ! :clap2: