Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
SARWARKURD

Role of intellectuals and journalists in the process of reconciliation

Kurds and Persians have along history of living together, but surprisingly our modern history was worst in terms of our brotherhood in comparison to our past history… however by logic, the past should make us get benefit from past pitfalls and don’t repeat them and our present must be far better.. Who made this worst? Politicians? But where were our intellectuals? Why should we always follow the orders of politicians? We did that in the past, when they wanted us to fight, we fought... And when they want reconciliation, we do the same!!

Isn’t time to wake up and go ahead in our way as intellectuals not the way of politicians? Kindly send me your opinion about role of intellectuals and journalists in the process of reconciliation between Kurds and Persians…I am making a dossier about this that will be published in Kurdish press...

Best regards

Waiting for your reply...

Yours: Dr. Sarwar Salar Chuchani, journalist from Iraqi Kurdistan

sarwarkurd@yahoo.com

www.sarwarkurd.blogfa.com

post-1268-1244699433_thumb.jpg

Not at all, as long as the topics adhere to the rules of the forum there will be no problem. From what I see so far it does.

Experience tells me discussions as such usually end up with big fights. I'd had pretty tough memories with the above topic during my life lol.

Unfortunately in most middle eastern countries a very common system of governing is being practiced & forced upon people: Dictatorship and injustice, where these sorts of arguments and objections have never been an option. In a country like Iran The intellectual bunch have either fled the country, or being tortured, exiled, censored within the country. Unfortunately in Iran Freedom is not an option, nor is it of existence!

I remember once, a bunch of Kurdish fellows brought about a similar discussion at a lounge awhile ago, the conclusion was nothing but having their butt beaten up and cursing their heads off at the Persians.

I personally do not believe in any state called Kurdistan.

Edited by Araam

Kurds and Persians have along history.....

Persians and Kurds? I always used to think that the Persian empire had exceeded from China to near today's Spain. Who exactly do you mean by "Persians"?

I remember once, a bunch of Kurdish fellows brought about a similar discussion at a lounge awhile ago, the conclusion was nothing but having their butt beaten up and cursing their heads off at the Persians.

I personally do not believe in any state called Kurdistan.

This however is exactly the kind of action which triggers what leads to everyone being banned! What are you trying to express by writing it in such size other than to provoke? Those who have read what you wrote in the text above will also be able to read what you write below!

Again, refrain from provocative "actions" and "reaction"! Keep it civil and objective! No matter which side or which cause you support!

I truly apologize if I have crossed any redlines by imposing my means with this particular type of graphic. I have not tried to trigger anyone toward any sort of inappropriate reactions of any sort. As a matter of fact, I have only tried to express a strong opinion that would stand for millions of nationals of Iran who have been taking the same path of ideology in regards to the same issue. The bitter taste of the response has only been a sign of importance and credibility of the message, and not anything further. I would, once more, like to apologize for any possible inconsiderate and wrong behavior revealed in my side. The administration team kindness in understanding the matter is extremely appreciated.

Aram A.

I am sure that the opposite side feels just as strongly about their opinion, however this is a forum with no audio. A change to a much larger font in text implies an extreme change of tone or volume in voice. If we had heard each other and there was a sudden change of tone or volume I would do the same as a moderator in order to keep the level of a civil debate where the parties do not get passionate beyond reason! We all here, even I as moderator, have our own opinion which we feel just as strongly about as the other and would like to have it met in a similar tone and fashion that we adopt when meeting the others'! Therefore, your expression of "a strong opinion that would stand for millions of nationals of Iran who have been taking the same path of ideology in regards to the same issue" can just as easily be read and understood when written normally. Perhaps even better and clearer! In propaganda handed out you see many extreme changes in font size to get the point across, in scientific works however you don't! Does it mean that the latter has less argument to present? Or less valid points? No.

This is a forum, we will not be changing history through our discussions here, however what we can try to do is to practice our way of debating and discussing issues and ideas, regardless of what they might be, by losing attitude and lifting argument. You don’t need to apologize, as you have not offended anyone yet. I however thank you all for paying attention, thank you!

Thank you for your extended reply. I definitely will keep your words in mind and I most certainly will bring them into action during future circumstances.

Not at all, as long as the topics adhere to the rules of the forum there will be no problem. From what I see so far it does.

i never use provocative words and i respect all the replies... thanks to the administer by allowing different views to be seen on the forum, i will respect the rules and any time you noted iam crossing the red lines please inform me before being banned... thanks to all