Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Keano

Do or Die match

So this Saturday 1:00 PST Iran is playing an extremely crucial match against N. Korea in Pyongyong and in front of 30,000 hostile Korean fans. This is sorts of Do or Die game for TM, if we manage to beat the Koreans we can keep high hopes to qualify directly to WC 2010 as the second team or perhaps as 3rd team encounter the 3rd team of other group and in case of beating them, will have to face New Zealand and beat them in order to qualify to South Africa 2010 WC. Quite honestly it's a very difficult task to finish as second place in our group, while it's still hard to even finish as the 3rd team of the group. I believe in our boys and Afshin Qotbi's ability, hopefully with some luck and hardwork of TM players and coaching staff we may beat N. Korea 2-1 in their home stadium and after 4 days in Tehran and in front of 100 enthusiastic spectators thrash UAE and then after a week fly to S. Korea and at least drw the Asian powerhouse S. Korea!

:punk::punk:

Go team melli go...

All is not lost yet. We need a convincing win against UAE on Wednesday and hope that Korea get a good win against Saudi. This will change the balance of the table once again. If we fail to get 3 points then we can kiss any hope of qualification.

England have practically qualified already :DD

Edited by Omega

It's sort of complicated now, The worst case scenario is this one: winning both our upcoming matches against UAE and S. Korea will still get us eliminated should KSA Defeat S. Korea and lose to N. Korea, in such case TM will no longer can control it's fate and will not make it to WC nor the playoff stage!

I hope we thrash UAE on Wednesday by a huge margin, KSA loses to S. Korea, and N. Korea draws KSA, and we also beat S. Korea in S. Korea which BTW is almost an impossible task to do, but if we managed to do so,this would be the ideal and we may clinch the second spot and directly qualify to WC 2010!

Don't hold your breath, just yet!

Keano, what exactly will happen if Iran finish 3rd in the group? Will they automatically qualify for a play-off against one of the Oceanic group runners-up?

Pedram jaan, here is the scenario:

Right now Iran has 10 points, KSA 11, N. Korea 11

If We win S. Korea on Wednesday and our total points will reach 13

Saudi Arabia loses to N. Korea we will be 2nd. team and we will end up 3rd. playing the 3rd team of the other group which is most likely Bahrain (Unless Uzbekistan beats them with 2-3 goal margin in their last match), if we beat Bahrain in Playoff match we have to face Newzealand from Oceania and thus our fate for WC2010 will be determined!

If we draw S. Korea and KSA and N. Korea also draw then we're just out!

If we draw S. Korea and KSA beats N. Korea, then we will end up 3rd.

If we Beat S. Korea and KSA draws N. Korea, then we'll end up 2nd. team and qualify directly to WC (This is the best case scenario we could wish for, and of course kind of unreal TBH).

Thanks for clearing that up Keano. Basically it is now a game of ifs and buts then. It's annoying that we now have to rely on other fixtures going our way. Fingers crossed. I was hoping for a more convincing win yesterday, but at least we got the result. Here is Karimi's goal..

So despite the decent performance and a goal lead against S. Korea until 82' we conceded a goal and drew the Koreans. I am now watching Ksa vs. N. Korea match if any team wins we'll clinch the 3rd spot and go to playoffs against bahrain which is right now leading Uzbekistan 1-0 and almost secured their 3rd spot. The game's first half just ended while KSA dominated the whole match in the first half failing to capitalize on their scoring opportunities! :punishing_wft:

The only Saudi win which won't help us is if they win 3-2 or 2-1, otherwise any other win of any team will place us in the 3rd. spot!

You can watch the game here:

http://www.justin.tv/sports_live_

Ok Guys, we're out!

KSA 0 North Korea 0

1) South Korea

2) North Korea

3) KSA (Playing Bahrain in the playoffs)

4) Iran (Eliminated)

5) UAE (Eliminated)

Khak bar saremoon

:damn: We really needed someone to win. North Korea in the world cup should be interesting considering the political climate hehe.

:( :(

iss an old song so old its not against

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GXV0FNEeI

the question is for you

are you ready ?

<Are you ready

Are you ready

Are you ready

Are you ready

Are you ready for the time of life

Its time to stand up and fight

So alright

So alright

Hand in hand we take a caravan to the marble land

One by one we gonna stand up with pride

One that cant be denied

Stand up

Stand up

From the highest mountain of valley old

We all shall together with heart of gold

Now the children of the world can see

This a better place for us to be

The place is which we were born

So neglected and torn apart

Every woman every man

Join the caravan of love

(stand up) stand up

Stand up

Every body takes a stand

Join the caravan of love

(stand up) stand up

Stand up

Im your brother

Im your brother dont you know

Shes my sister

Shes my sister dont you know

Well be living in the world of peace

And the day when everyone is free

Bring the young and the old

Want you let chilled flow from your heart

Every woman every man

Join the caravan of love

(stand up) stand up

Stand up

Every body takes a stand

Join the caravan of love

(stand up) stand up

Stand up

Im your brother

Im your brother dont you know

Shes my sister

Shes my sister dont you know

So are you ready ( hes coming )

Are you ready ( hes coming )

Are you ready ( hes coming )

Are you ready ( hes coming on the caravan )

You better get ready ( go for it )

You better get ready

I just heard that four footballers were 'retired' because of the green wristbands they wore during the game...

Is that true????

Yes, I know Mahdavikia and karimi already retired from TM, however it's not confirmed whether or not they were forced to do so or it was an volunteer decision. Meanwhile a BBC news source has it that 4 TM players are being banned for life:

Meanwhile, reports say four Iranian footballers who appeared to show solidarity with the protesters have been punished with bans.

The pro-government Iran Daily newspaper said four of the six players who wore green wristbands during a World Cup qualifier against South Korea in Seoul had been retired from the national team.

Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8116025.stm

Yes, I know Mahdavikia and karimi already retired from TM, however it's not confirmed whether or not they were forced to do so or it was an volunteer decision. Meanwhile a BBC news source has it that 4 TM players are being banned for life:

Meanwhile, reports say four Iranian footballers who appeared to show solidarity with the protesters have been punished with bans.

The pro-government Iran Daily newspaper said four of the six players who wore green wristbands during a World Cup qualifier against South Korea in Seoul had been retired from the national team.

Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8116025.stm

none of the players were still wearing green ribbons in the second half......