Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

Hehe, bro I thought you only watched series that had ended ;)

LOL I know, My friend sort of persuaded me to watch on the first episode of season one, then I got hooked, and started watching it, now I regret, cuz I have to wait to watch the rest! (LOL Impatient I am) punishing_wft.gif

Started watching Alcatraz this week, the first few eps started well but with JJ involved it is destined to turn to crap at some point!lol

hehe, did not know he was invloved! well let me tell you that although I have been split when it comes to Fringe there was an episode two weeks ago which was kinda like the LOST episode where we got to know who Jacob was and it was HUGE turn-off! not to mention extremely low quality visual effects! So now its definite, I no longer watch Fringe!lol I simply cant after having watched that ep!

I also quit Cali last week, felt that it simply is not worth the time spent watching it. The characters I used to love now just annoy me!

Mad Men and Games of Throne s2 are on their way, but considering the current situation I dont know if I will have the chance to catch the eps in US time or when they start to show them here.

lol I stopped with Fringe a long time ago now, though I have pondered catching up at some point. It seems JJ's projects suffer the same fate. He is so consumed with mystery as a gimmick, that the reality is rarely as interesting. No wonder he leaves his "projects" early, he has no idea or concept to conclude them. Then when the shows go down the proverbial shoot, the writers that took over the reins ultimately take the flack. JJ pockets the royalties from initial success of course. As you can tell I've lost all respect for him as an "artist" hehe.

I concur entirely on Cali pourya jan. The show just seems to go round in circles, performing stunts for the sake of it. There used to be a character balance, but its been lost completely.

Mad Men new season has been so long in the making, I have high hopes then that they have a good plan for this season.

Btw pourya jan. I've nearly finished GoT, what a phenomenal series! Truly exceptional. The last ep left on a bit of a cliffhanger, can't wait to see what happens next. I've seen films/series attempt such an elaborate execution but fall flat on bad acting, lack of arcs and low production, but this series seems to have evaded those pitfalls. There are many fine performances thus far, but for me Dinklage really surprised me here. What a fantastic portrayal.

When is S2 due to air pourya jan?

Glad to see that you Pedram jan, despite not being a big fan of the fantasy genre according to yourself, found this series the same way I did. The story and the production value of each ep was so high that I could not leave the show even one single episode! I think the new season starts in a couple of weeks. Btw Pedram jan, does the UK set look exactly like the US set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAf2jxrQrA

I was pleasantly surprised too, not being a fan of the genre, but it really captivated me from the very first episode. I'm just about to watch the season finale :dance_baby_wft:

Yes, the UK edition is exactly the same, but for two small details......

1) Yes, you guessed it pourya jan - the censorship logos!!

2) The front slip cover has a blue Blu Ray bar across the top. Just to make absolutely certain for those UK consumers that it is a BD edition! :damn:

Aside from those, the package is identical. I have to say the presentation and materials are fantastic for a standard edition TV set. It is more in line with the excellent packages of Pacific and Band of Brothers.

This week was the premier of "Touch", I've just seen the pilot and it was perfectly watchable but didn't really capture any sort of enthusiasm in me. There are some nice elements to the story, but nothing seems exceptionally ground-breaking. The concept is basically borrowed from many other recent films, the "super smart" kid cliché is one of my pet hates in Hollywood. It is overused and gimmicky. I must however lend credit where it is due. There are some nice plot links and a cohesion that is makes it at least engaging.

Well the trailer I saw months ago didnt really capture me, like you said it is the stuff we have already seen. Not enough to sit and watch it every week. I also checked Alcatraz, before you mentioned Abrams I thought it was a criminal series about the prison but now I see how he is involved!lol If you have watched 4400, which also ended in disaster btw, the whole set up is recognisable. A group of people vanishing in past and then repapering in current time with some kind of purpose. After so many shows with such set up, not to forget Heroes and Flashforward, this show is bound to fail in future. interesting only as long as the twist is not unveiled.

There are two shows with good actors "Missing" and "Awake" but truth be told I cant be arsed to start watching them on weekly basis, I wait til they get released on disc and of course prove themselves to be worthy a watch.

Hehe did you see this weeks penultimate Cali episode pourya jan? Another season ending with Hank going back to New York and on the cusp of reconciliation with Karen, i'm sure we've been here before!!!! ? They really are short of ideas.

I'll be watching Touch tomorrow, see how it develops.

At least GoT and Mad Men are on the way :happy_wft:

Pedram jan I stopped watching cali weeks ago, no point ...

Will be watching the Mad Men episode this weekend, in all honesty I am no longer interested in the show and its development! But will be watching it just to put a closure to the whole series.

I'm yet to watch the new Mad Men ep either. It's been getting quite a lot of coverage recently in the press, universally praised it seems, which is worrying lol.

I started Homeland this week, has started really well, I can see myself getting hooked on this one. Have you seen it pourya jan?

Absolutely, it is one of the series last year that kept a solid pace and quality throughout first season!

The pilot gripped me pourya jan, it has that element of character mystery that just compels you to theorise. I hope it continues with such quality!

Will you be watching Game of Thrones S2 next week?

It does avoid the pitfalls of its political genre nicely

I hope I can, nowadays its a bit difficult ...

I think I'll wait for the GoT boxset, as it is such a good package I'm willing to wait.

Have you seen "The Killing" series pourya jan? Either the Danish or the US version... A friend recommended to me, I might give it a go.

Hey guys, happy norooz. I have still not been able to watch any new TV series. But hopefully soon I will start watching 24.

I have been told that the TV series pacific directed by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg is real nice. Have you guys watched it yet?

Hey keano!! Happy Norooz to you too, Hope all is well?

I've only seen a few episodes of Pacific, since I'm not a great fan of the old war genre, I found it very boring. Nice production though. Most fans of the Band of Brothers enjoy it, but concede it is not up to the same quality. Spielberg has a patchy record in television, his most recent series was a major flop too (the name of which escapes me).

After a few years of decline, television series seem to be picking up again in terms of quality. I've just finished Homeland, which was excellent. Game of Thrones, Mad Men and Touch seem to be the biggest series around at the moment.

If you haven't seen Game of Thrones yet keano jan then I highly recommend it. The best series in a long time, I'm sure pourya will also attest to that!

Thank you Pedram jaan, really appreciate your input. Unlike you, I love watching old war movies, Interesting though thatthey would just make one season and only 10 episodes of it, I wonder if its ratings was not of satisfactory, thus discontinuation of the series, or from its beginning it was aimed at just one single season.

Never heard of Game of Thrones, will have to look into it, but I take your word for it.

Once again many thanks Pedram jaan and great seeing you around :)

Damn this thread has died, nonetheless when you look back and read some of the older replies, you will find lots of useful comments on some of these TV series.

Anyway, I finished all seasons of 24, many thanks to Pedram's recommendation, loved every bit of it, great series. I also watched the series "The Event" so fell in love with it, however to my disappointment after finishing the first season I found out that the series was stopped, what a bummer, I did some google search and was utterly upset at the American people for not having liked the series, apparently the ratings in the first week was sky high, however week after week the ratings dropped, too bad because week after week IMHO the series got more exciting to that extent that the last episode finished at real interesting point. What a shame!

Breaking bad is what I have been watching, had a sort of slow start to it, however it soon picked up and surely is another one of my favorite TV series hands down.

I have also been watching Nip/Tuck, well I have kind of mixed feelings for this series, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. But so far I have been hooked on it and I am in the middle of season 5.

Not sure what my next TV series adventure will be.

Ahhhh, I miss this thread and our discussions! Needless to say I am still an avid series fan and the ones I am watching at the moment are:

House of Cards

The Walking Dead

The Follwoing

Girls

Hey bro, feels good that someone posted something here. Miss the old days we all exchanged comments and posts on this forum.

So what are your thoughts on House of cards so far? some folks told me it was kinda slow and boring. Nonetheless I am a fan of Kevin Spacey's acting and wonder what your take on this series is

The walking dead is one hell of a series, love it, season 3 gets so damn intense and exciting, any word on how many more seasons to go? hope to see much more of it, however the way it's going and some of the main casts dying I am hopeless to see it going much longer TBH, or could it be that this is the season finale?

Bro I have watched the entire season 1 of House of Cards and it is slow-cooking but it serves the theme and topic well. There is much more intellectual intrigues and suspense then there is action, so you have to be really into the political game in order to appreciate it. The thing with Walking Dead is the the TV show has killed far too many characters than the comics have! Some of the people that are dead in the show still live in the comics! I think its wise to get rid of some characters and refresh with new ones, or else the whole dystopia concept of the show would fall. The way its popularity grow I doubt it will be canceled any day soon!

• Like 1

Guys! I hop you're both well. Very happy to see this thread resurrected! It has always been a pleasure sharing our TV experiences in here, suffice to say I've picked up many recommendations here in the past years.

So glad to hear you enjoyed 24 keano jan. Breaking Bad is also one of my fave shows of all time now, just hoping they give it a conclusion it deserves to seal its legacy.

Right now I'm watching The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Boss, House of Cards, Californication. Now just waiting for Game of Thrones and Mad Men to resume in the next week or so.

• Like 1