Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

""I do know how the whole show ends," he told comic Jeff Garlin"

why does this line and article remind me of Fox and Lost?loooool

lol! My thoughts exactly, all seems a little too familiar doesn't it. One thing is for sure, I hope Mad Men avoids a melodramatic ending that runs counter to its strengths.

Looks great pourya jan, thanks for the recommendation. I've always been a fan of Western settings, so will give this a whirl for sure.

OMG! Is it me or are those the same recycled scenarios we've seen since Series 1? To watch the actors try to dissect the intricacies of these superficial "relationships" is nothing short of ridiculous. I'll watch it, but only for comedy value. I no longer have any personal investment in the series.

I wont watch it, that is for sure. I did start watching this season of Fringe though I said I wont and now halfway I wish I had not. Did Entourage end well pedram jan?

The last season of Entourage was pure crap, minus 2 episodes. It's funny because the investment you had in Californication's early days is precisely what I had with Entourage and it's characters. I could relate to the circle of friends, their individual struggles and the friendship that united them. But by Season 5, the characters became nothing but a platform and coagulation of parody and cheap stunts.

Also, like Californication its demise in substance coincided with increased TV ratings and a broader popularity. So it is no wonder more of the shows take these routes as they have ratings to back up their misdirection!

So basically Entourage went exactly the same way as Californication is going. That being said, I did enjoy the last season of Californication, but I've never had an emotional attachment to it or Hank. It has always been the comedic element and dialogue, rather than the dramaturgy. I suppose I find it hard to relate to Hank personally as I have very little in common with him, other than my womanising ways hehe.

I see, well I could really relate to the Hank in s 1-2, his conflicting nature and relations. But now I dont even consider him a human being lol its all charades and no heart. Btw the Hell on Wheels series is going strong!

Good to hear pourya jan! I may start watching this week :) Does it have a good dramaturgy and characters? Is the American Civil War a big part of the story or is it more of a historical back plot?

It sure does, the American hip hop star Common is in one of its lead roles and pretty good performance I must say. From what I understand its loosely based on true events in the post-civil war America where they were trying to link the east and west coasts by a rail-road.

Looks like a high cost and quality production, though in the aftermath of the "connection" concept's crisis in series like Heroes, Lost, 4400, Flashforward and ... I have no longer faith in it. The mushy style of the trailer and "From the creators of Heroes" are warning signs enough for me!lol In fact this looks like a crossing between the ongoing Person of Interest and the upcoming movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Watched the sneak premier of cali 4 btw, lol do not feel the need to further elaborate on the developments hehe :D

Hehe, I did question the "from the creators of Heroes" text. I mean it was a show almost universally acknowledged as a concluding failure.

Kiefer rarely takes on second-rate productions though and I have faith in him to at least bring a solid & convincing portrayal to the series. The bigest problem for me is that I have an objection to the Hollywood "smart-kid" stereotype that seems to have pervaded endless productions in the past 10 years. It is wearing thin, so I hope this is executed with a semblance of subtlety and doesn't play so heavily on it. We shall see....

Hehe, you couldn't help yourself pourya jan :brows: I'll resist the temptation and await the full screening.

I am sad to hear that Bored to Death is not gonna be renewed :( But happy to hear that Hell on Wheels is getting the second season it deserves.

Watched the first season of "Boss" and what a superb show it is! created by Farhad Safinia who created the Crash series. Highly recommended if you like the intrigue of American politics, and the more dirtier and rawer side of it! Kelsey Grammer is perfect as the "Boss" of Chicago.

Cant wait for the 2nd season of this show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6Qr4kxc3U

Finished "Homeland" now. Stellar performances. Never been a fan of Danes before, but here she proves herself to be one hell of a nuanced actress. Really impressed.

Pourya jan, I've been searching everywhere for "Boss" but to no avail, seems very hard to find and it has not been running on any UK channel to the best of my knowledge.

Over Christmas I became acquainted with the excellent 30 Rock, can't believed it had escaped my attention until now. A very fine comedy, at least the first season proved to be. Going to buy the boxset over the next few days. Baldwin nails it yet again!

First of all Happy Birthday Pedram jan! :birthday: Hope you had a great day :D

Pedram jan, let me see if I can help you regarding "Boss". Sadly this seems like to be a case like "Brotherhood" as you surely recall, some shows suffer from such fate.

I gave Boardwalk Empire a second chance, but it is still an average production in my opinion. Am at the end of season 1, Hopefully season 2 will have more action.

Thanks Pourya jan! I had a fabulous day, though too close to the big 30 now :( hehe Happy New Year to you by the way and best wishes for the year ahead :friends:

Many thanks for the PM, I'll check it out :) Yea I found the first season of Boardwalk watchable, but nothing special at all. Have you seen the first Cali ep? I watched yesterday and was surprisingly entertained. Sure, nothing new in the content per se, but a good laugh nonetheless.

Hey folks,

wut up? I have been watching Walking dead and loving it so far. Any followers?

Hehe, bro I thought you only watched series that had ended ;) I started watching Living Dead but due to my lack of interest in zombies as creatures I was put off. I still got both seasons and might give it another try once I dont have anything else to watch.

Pedram jan, 30 is something to look forward to! Trust me, I was there 6 years ago!lol :D

Finished second season of Boardwalk Empire and unfortunately I still find this show average with few tame action scenes and anticlimactic plot twists. And believe it or not I still dont buy Steve Buscemi as the big boss! Nothing in the show has made me change my mind, strangely!

Completely agree with regards to Buscemi pourya jan. For me he is an accomplished actor but not able to carry that role as a protagonist or lead. To be honest, I think his casting was nepotistic rather than merited. He has a long standing friendship and mutual admiration with Scorsese that spans decades.

Btw pourya jan, have you now completely abandoned Fringe?

The problem with Buscemi is that he works best as the weakest link in any gangster movie or series but not the strongest! I mean even if he had here showcased a twisted personality I would have bought it. But in 2 seasons he just plays that mellow coincidental politician that has no charisma and no plan, yet everyone follow! I cant see how he has got there by being "sheriff"! while there are others on the cast who are perfect for their roles, he just defies gravity!

I havent abandoned Fringe Pedram jan, in lack of other stuff to watch I followed it even this season and as expected it was truly rubbish. Its like the last two season just diluted and messy. Fringe is getting where Lost headed with one reality added to another into a mess. It is Abrams weakness in my opinion, alternate realities! The show has now been in hiatus since oct/nov.