Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

Bro Jericho was cancelled after two seasons, so unless you are really into the topic I advice no not to start! But Dexter might be something for you.

Oh never knew that. Thanks for the heads up bro. Did you ever watch it? and what was your take on it?

There's 8 seasons of 24, and I've watched 7 so far. I'm on season 8 now but to be honest I really lost interest in it. It becomes very preictable and somewhat boring. I think you should watch Dexter first Keano... season 6 starts in the fall and there are only 12 episodes per season. you can probably catch up :punk:

Interesting, thanks for the hint Hal. Haha I am really confused, cuz I don't wanna start watching a TV series, and then 4-5 seasons into the series find myself all bored and disappointed in the series. Spartacus so far has been recommended the most by almost all. The problem is that I wanna watch series that are already finished, simply cuz I am too impatient to wait for another week or even worse another season! :D

I did though not all of it, and it came when lost had just become successful and new shows with a similar big cast appeared on networks! 4400 and Heroes were other similar shows. Jericho is like Event which was recently shown and cancelled a show that had potential but dropped viewers due to uneven development. Like I said the show never concluded since it was cancelled so watching a show that you know will never finish properly requires that you really like it for some reason. I recently watched a cancelled series from the 90's because I had an interest in its occult and mysterious features. If you did like Prison Break all the way through, which you did, then I think 24 would be a safe choice. The only factor that makes one get tired of 24 is the fact that its become logically flawed that 24hrs scenarios keep happening over and over again to same cop! But if you did buy the logic of Prison Break that they went on prison globetrotting, which was when they lost me, then you will have no problem as the pace and action is solid. Also I recalled you do not watch shows that are ongoing so Dexter is not a good choice. I think you should just go ahead and start with either 24 or Sopranos. 24 is more quantity, Sopranos is more quality.

Thanks for the excellent and detailed reply bro! :friends:

I agree with pourya, it is a toss up between 24 and Sopranos. Though I would add Entourage into the mix. Entourage is one of my fave shows of all time, but a completely different show to likes of PB and 24. It is a comedy in essence, with only 25min episodes, a plethora of T&A and brilliant characters. I wouldn't invest all my time into and would probably advise watching it alongside either 24 or Sopranos.

As pourya correctly stated, 24 and Sopranos again are very different. 24 was the show that got me back into TV after the demise of XFiles. The first 5 seasons are not just solid, they are enthralling. Out of all the shows mentioned, 24 is the most similar to PB, it has the action, suspense and major twists. Sure it stretches the imagination and treads a fine line on realism, but so did PB, so If you can let that slide I'm confident you will love 24.

Entourage resumed last night. Man, the worst episode of the show so far. None of the characters carry any authenticity any more and the chemistry between them has completely evaporated. They used to feed off each other with such an authentic vibe, but now they just pulling off one-liners with zero relevance to the development of the characters. Such a shame to see this show go the way of the trash shoot. It is so evident why they have chosen to pull the plug on the series, they have run out of ideas. There is a nice development with Piven's character, but not enough to save this show from destroying its legacy.

I was quite excited to watch the episode last night, thinking that it will get better. The last season was terrible.

When i watched the episode i felt as though i had missed out on a big chunk of the story.

Hoping the show will get better for it is the final season. Very interested to see how the series will come to an end.

Have you seen the first season to "how to make it in america"?

I loved the first season and am impatiently waiting for the second season.

Entourage resumed last night. Man, the worst episode of the show so far. None of the characters carry any authenticity any more and the chemistry between them has completely evaporated. They used to feed off each other with such an authentic vibe, but now they just pulling off one-liners with zero relevance to the development of the characters. Such a shame to see this show go the way of the trash shoot. It is so evident why they have chosen to pull the plug on the series, they have run out of ideas. There is a nice development with Piven's character, but not enough to save this show from destroying its legacy.

Thanks, I have seen those on youtube :friends:

tried two eps of the new show Alphas but wasnt hooked.

enjoying the 8th season of Curb your enthusiasm!

Have you seen the first season to "how to make it in america"?

I loved the first season and am impatiently waiting for the second season.

Yes I saw the entire first season but didn't enjoy it. There were no characters of interest to me.

Pourya jan, Curb Your ENthusiasm is a show I've never seen!! I find Larry David absolutely hilarious though, so really should get round to seeing it. Any sign of a BD release in the future?

Dont remember of you had seen Seinfeld or not but its the same sense of humour though much less political correct!loool You know what, I had only watched scattered eps of early seasons before this and its the first time I am starting to watch it regularly! But since there is no sense of important continuity I was able to jump in and enjoy without feeling lost! I doubt it will ever come out on BD, since such treatment wont add much to Larry's charm!lol

Yea I've seen some Seinfeld and quite enjoyed it. I see the DVD's of CYE are going for really cheap so I might pick up a set. It seems like something you can watch casually, which is precisely the type of program I'm after whilst i sink my teeth into Brotherhood :clap2:

Btw, one great thing about both Seinfeld and David is their ability to make fun of their Jewish culture, as much as they make fun of other cultures and quirks! Which is not something you see happen in Hollywood!

Btw, one great thing about both Seinfeld and David is their ability to make fun of their Jewish culture, as much as they make fun of other cultures and quirks! Which is not something you see happen in Hollywood!

Hehe Entourage does that too. Ari (Jeremy Piven's character) is Jewish and he often makes big jokes about it. Very politically incorrect, but no representation gets a pass on that show. That's what I love about it. I bought CYE boxset this week, so will start it very soon. Actually now I remember, Larry David made an appearance in Entourage.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHAbubP4Ea0

haha. last week he had his own take on the whole Israel Palestine conflict!lol it was hilarious! :))