Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

btw Pedram jan, one q, maybe its explained later in s3 but how comes his wife dies in the outbreak in middle of the woods but the rest of the civilisation are alive and healthy in s3?!!!! and how comes his hair that turned white overnight is back to colour?!

How many TV series are you folks watching currently per week?

I'm the series freak so I give each series a try! Its low season right now bro, but in high season I watch around 5 series. I catch them often on my laptop when I have a break or something. Though I seldom watch series in complete seasons but rather catch them one ep each week.

Haha much of that is explained in S3 pourya jan ;) To be honest some of the finer details elude me now though, been awhile since I watched the entire series through. Once I finish this last assignments for the academic year, I'll finally start with Brotherhood. Quite looking forward to it. Did your set arrive from Play?

The final episodes of Entourage start up next month, I'm really intrigued as to how they conclude it all.

I never ordered that set pedram jan, I really like the individual seasons covers so I wait til I get them on sale. Best of luck with the assignment! I am in a great relaxing period right now, the studies finished excellently and a new job waiting ahead in august! No worries for a month, just kicking back and enjoying the summer :D

I look forward to season 2 of Stephen King's Heaven starting this week I think! Really enjoyed s1 and gonna pic it up on BD.

I can't wait to finish off these, so I can begin to enjoy the summer too. I need a vacation after the intensive studying of the past months. Hoping to travel South America again once I've finished.

would love to visit south america one day! btw, did you watch Y Tu Mamá También?

btw, I think its strange how many actors in Millennium return in other roles! There is a kid who later got a lead in Roswell series, here he just appears with a girl in leading scenes and gets killed each time!lool

would love to visit south america one day! btw, did you watch Y Tu Mamá También?

btw, I think its strange how many actors in Millennium return in other roles! There is a kid who later got a lead in Roswell series, here he just appears with a girl in leading scenes and gets killed each time!lool

Well, just finished season 3 and all I can say after having watched all three seasons back to back is that this show suffers from exactly same weaknesses as LOST! And that is to have a great idea that is not fully developed and defined from the start, instead its made up along the way by different people and thereby creates a lot of holes and inconsistencies! Things get fragmented and plot lines deviate and interesting characters get lost and not addressed properly. When you watch them in a row you pick up on such shortcomings. Season 1 was hardcore and really solid in terms of elements and narration, season 2 lost all that potential and instead introduced a spinal mythology that was underdeveloped and couldnt hold water with a conspiracy plot that was beyond its scope to handle, Season 3 basically "ignored" the s2 finale and came up with a ridiculous explanation and continued as a hodgepodge of lose ends and underdevelopment characters and character relation. Overall a good show that crapped its pants just like LOST. Watching the documentaries you see that even some from the crew had issues with the show, incl Lance himself!

Yes indeed there are loose ends and it suffers from the changes in the writing teams and producers. Lance Henriksen has always maintained his disapproval with the direction the show took after S1, particularly with regards to his character. Interestingly, he and Carter have proposed and publicly acknowledged the possibility of a film intended at closure. I would personally love to see such a film providing it avoids the pitfuls of the last X Files movie, which had a weak story and seemed only an excercise in sentimentality.

Interestingly there is an X Files episode dedicated to Millennium, where Frank Black features. A nice tie-in that worked well.

Like Abrams with Lost, Carter started the project, but his influence was missing as the show progressed. At the time Carter was juggling 4 TV shows in X Files, Millennium, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen.

If you had watched this show pre-2000 pourya jan I'm positive you would have enjoyed it more. Millennium still has a massive online cult following, with many forums and boards still active with participation. I hope they revive it in some way, because it ended without adequate conclusion.

Yes the X-file episode is included in the DVD and the interviews are done 8 yeas after the finale! Makes me wonder when was this released on DVD?!!

Pedram jan, watching this made me realise that it was watching LOST ep by ep that created the excitement. The time between eps and seasons also made you forget about details and flaws that otherwise stand out like sore thumb! This is a show that requires its periodic context and weekly pace in order to work. Had I watched LOST in same fashion I would have not enjoyed the early season as much as I did! In future I will avoid watching complete season series, because you just can't absorb and digest it the way you could and should. Even if a show proves itself to be a failure by the end I think its meant to be enjoyed weekly. I even had the same issue with In Treatment, it just gets too much.

Hmm, I think maybe they have updated the set then, since my edition does not have those features. Is yours the set with a green cover with the 3 separate season cases?

There are pros and cons to watching the episodes back to back. For instance with 24 & Prison Break, I used to wait for DVD releases as I could ONLY watch them back to back, such was the tension. Whereas Lost, I preferred to watch a week at a time, so we could debate and dissect. I think Millennium certainly falls in the later category, as you say.

yes that is the set. is yours a digistack? then maybe that is why they are so critical of the show in the interviews, its gone so long that they feel comf! basically everyone trash talks the other!lool

actually I watched first s of 24 and prison break and enjoyed them very much on weekly basis, it gave me time to anticipate the next ep. Had I been watching them in row I would just have marathoned away.

Hehe, as every episode ended with a cliffhanger it was impossible for me to wait another week to find out what happened next. A week always made the tension simmer and took away from intensity of the show. Besides, 24 was shot real-time so I always intended to watch it in real time.

I'm thinking of re-watching the entire X Files series soon, it's been many years since I seen those episodes.

like Millennium I have always liked to watch X-files sometimes, however there was an air of discontinuity about it which after watching Millennium I see is a characteristic for Carter's work. Therefore I decided not to watch it. I'm sure there are cases I would enjoy but I think just like the millennium group the X-file spinal story will leave me more disappointed than pleased. I had imagined Millennium much better than what it actually was. X-files is also too may seasons to bear with, while having such a feeling about it. But I'm sure for you it will be a great nostalgic trip! :)

btw, you did not mention how your Millennium set differed from mine?

Sorry pourya jan, this is a pic of the contents of my set, not sure if it is the same as yours? Perhaps they are aesthetically similar but the features/discs have been remastered or updated?

post-2680-059984500 1309722913_thumb.jpg

thanks, yes I think the design is the same mine has just been upgraded with newer extra material.

Did you receive your Brotherhood? I recall you being reluctant ordering from play n past, how was the service this time?

Yes pourya jan, I received Brotherhood last week. The service was good, though delivery is always typically a few days later than amazon. Not an issue though as there was no hurry. I'm going to start it once my work has finished so that I can really get into it without distractions.

The girl I'm seeing has insisted I watch Desperate Housewives with her the last few times I've seen her. Never again! I'm avoiding her like the plague lol. That show really irks me for some reason lol.

I have been hearing from people that Dexter is another good Series to watch, alongside Jericho. But it's all a matter of different tastes I guess. I think in a few weeks I'll start watching 24.

Bro Jericho was cancelled after two seasons, so unless you are really into the topic I advice no not to start! But Dexter might be something for you.

There's 8 seasons of 24, and I've watched 7 so far. I'm on season 8 now but to be honest I really lost interest in it. It becomes very preictable and somewhat boring. I think you should watch Dexter first Keano... season 6 starts in the fall and there are only 12 episodes per season. you can probably catch up :punk: