Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

well i watched it and sadly its another British crime drama which they show here all day on sundays and I HATE!lol

lol, the BBC never fail to disappoint!! Sadly with the BBC now forced to streamline it's services under severe budget restraints, I don't hold much hope for any improvements either. At the moment, the Brits excel at costume dramas and nothing else lol.

i actually caught the pilot of married single other on Swedish tv and liked it, will be picking it up on bd now that play has it on sale

Finished In Treatment s3 and to be honest I am fed up with the doctor, his bipolar character, his patients and all the rant!lol other than the Sunil case (interesting character and performance btw) this season was really boring, as much as I love Debra Winger I really found her case boring and that gay guy! F***!!!lol I can see why they ended it and hope that "if" it returns it returns in a more normal format and narrative where they boil down the cases and add some everyday happenings and random encounters outside that room! Less talk and more walk as the lines are becoming repetitive.

Sunil was also one of my faves from the entire series. Interestingly, the third season was the only one not to follow the script of the original Israeli series. That gay guy made me laugh so hard lol, some of the stuff he came out with were hilarious. I hope they do resurrect the series in a format that perhaps takes Paul out the equation to an extent. Perhaps follow the lives of these characters outside therapy. That was one of the beauties of the Sopranos, we were able to see how Tony portrayed himself inside the room.

Hahaha, yea they do look remarkably similar! Despite Paul's flawed character, I am an admirer of Gabriel Byrne as an actor. Hope we seem in another high profile series soon.

its funny that no matter how he tried there were certain words that brought out his accent! one was "issue", and "appreciate" and most of them al when he pronounced "out"!lol

Hehe yea, though they do openly acknowledge his Irish roots in the series. I remember the first time i saw him was in Usual Suspects, what a film!!

There is speculation that NBC's sister channel "SyFy" may take up The Event as a mini-series! I would love to see the series again, i thought it ended strongly. The second half was much more impressive than the first.

I agree, but something tells me that this is one of the shows where they create things along the way! if so I rather have this decent first season not ruined by a crappy follow up.

I agree, but something tells me that this is one of the shows where they create things along the way!

Hehe, that reminds me of a particular show!!! :weeell3ho:

I wonder if The Event will get a BD release now it has been cancelled, it is one i would like to get for sure.

YAY :clap2: That is one set I will be getting, hope the price comes down a bit though.

Yes strange poster indeed. With any luck the final box art will comprise of Taylor Cole stark naked with only the title of the show :haha: :brows:

For me the best performance in the series was Ivanek as the Director of Intelligence, a brilliant performance! I though the guy who played Walker was terrible, cared very little for his role.

This week's Game of Thrones really knocked me out! I dont recall when it was last time a TV series had such effect on me, probably lost s5 finale's opening scene!

MTV's new Teen Wolf series is rather good, been watching two eps and the effects are substandard but the story and characters are rather engaging. Now that MTV is no longer about music, since everyone watch videos on youtube, its good to see that the network is producing something other than reality shows.

It is not a period piece at all, but rather fantasy. Like Lord of the rings, with the difference that the characters are far more interesting and there are more intrigues. while LotR focused on a long journey, this focuses on political strategies and wars. its more dynamic, even when it comes to the child characters. The story is basically what the titles suggests, a game of thrones. all I can say is that it has a brilliant way of balancing everything, it is the only show I watch with both eyes (lol meaning I dont do anything else meanwhile) and the only show that keeps me nailed down on the couch til the very end! which always ends with a cool cliffhanger! good thing is that the show is not made up along the way, there are written books which it adapts and that assures me that I wont be experiencing Lost all over again.

Pourya jan, did you watch the Game of Thrones finale? I've heard a lot of people talking about it, what were your thoughts?

Oh was it the finale?!!! Man I am so gonna miss this show!!!! It was great Pedram jan, like I said before this is one of the most brilliant productions I have seen on TV! great (and I mean great) storytelling that keeps you engaged every second, fantastic characters, great acting and incredible visual effects that are surprisingly very little about sparkles and lightings, instead incredible backgrounds that really look like a real fantasy world! This is a definite BD buy for me! You know, not since lost have i found myself to long for a show during weekdays!