Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

TV-SERIES (no spoilers!)

lool. I'm slightly concerned by the lack of decent TV shows at the moment pourya jan. It's also worrying that networks seem not to hesitate in axing shows they perceive not to be commercially sound at such an early stage in its life> Without even giving it the chance of extra hype and advertising.

it was a mistake to launch a show like this during summer! there is a reason why American cinemas only release blockbusters during the summers and the movies with more substance during winter! TV networks should learn this as well!

i finished all my favorite tv shows now i don't know what to watch!!!! i'm getting crazy lol...

i'm watching "secret diary of a callgirl" but it's not so enthusiastic....

no unfortunately it wasnt as good as it could have been! watch satisfaction season 1 instead! :rolleyes:

lol how many times have you said that pourya jan?!

This looks to be a very promising new HBO production....

Boardwalk Empire

Directed by Scorcese, starring Steve Buschemi and producers of The Sopranos!!!!

Edited by Omega

only twice! :haha:

yeah that looks really promising!

gonna watch mad men now, bt saw shrek moment ago and really didnt recognise jon hamm's voice! maybe cuz i wasnt aware of it being his voice when watching!

Seen 1st ep, same solid quality, but I am not sure whether I like the developments! Don has suddenly turned into a professional imbecile! Might be due to his separation stress, dont know but its strange to see someone opposite to the old don! also you can see the crossover to the 60's in fashion and style of the show. like i said before s 2 and 3 didnt really work for me like the 1st, i am now positive that its because the mystery element beind don's past was removed and mad men turned into a show about job and family, daily struggles. still very good but not at all intriguing to me personally!

I look forward to Rubicon's start this week!

I saw some of those personal vulnerabilities and fallibilities creeping in even earlier seasons. When you say imbecile, does that pertain solely to his profession or his personal side? If it is addressed in the same way Tony Sopranos misgivings were, in the greater assessment of human condition, then i welcome it.

I couldn't agree more with regards to the mystery element of Don's previous life. I would have preferred for them to unravel it at a much slower pace throughout the series. What i did enjoy from the last season was the greater emphasis on the other characters. Hopefully we can see some of their stories developed.

Oh, and most importantly, are there any new ladies on the scene for Don?

Mainly work, where he act very out of character! a liability to the firm!

There is a new chic roger's wife has found for him to date who reminds of a younger Betty, the actress played in true blood last season and even there she looked as if she was from the 50's!lol your peggy has a new 60's hairdo btw!Lol :haha:

I wouldnt really compare mad men with sopranos at this stage though, since sopranos in my opinion had its unique way keeping up the suspense by continuously introducing strange scenarios and dilemmas in the everyday life! While mad men has become very conservative in its narrative, the past seasons! the strangest thing was the shredded foot accident!lol i like to see more scandals, more characters taking extreme measures! right now its very safe, too safe!

In Treatment has been picked up for a 3rd Season and is now in post-production, ready to be aired early October. Cannot wait, especially due to impressive new supporting cast of patients that should present some very intriguing developments.

Mad men ep 2 was an improvement on side stories, now we know that our Don has become an alcoholic!

Rubicon took off very well, this is the only series that I'm gonna eagerly follow this season.

I saw a trailer of that Rubican the other night on TV. I have to say i wasn't impressed, it seemed like another by the numbers political conspiracy thriller. Does it have characters and is there more to it than its plot?

then I recommend you not to watch it Pedram jan, I hate shows like West Wing and political conspiracy movies thus far but this one I really like because of the slow development in terms of the puzzle which is old school methodology! Like I said this is a long term take on it rather than a two hours run through it so this appeals to me more! But if you weren't impressed then give it a skip.

lets just say for a television its very admirable effort! not cutting edge secret agent BS but more 80's intelligence. But hey it might fall flat in next episodes, thus far a good start.

happy town was cancelled and ironically a new show with a smilar theme started at the same time!lol Haven is based on Stephen King's writings about a police woman who travels to an island village to solve supernatural cases! Been watching 4 eps, not bad!

Haven3.jpg

I dont think I will be catching that one, neither the director nor actor nor plot interests me much!

btw, Don Draper had a guest role as a CIA agent in A-team! I now suspect that Jon is not that versatile as an actor, since he basically plays everyone the same way!

He sure seems to be trying hard to forge a film career. Wonder if he'll be one of those to truly succeed or be destined for failure as most TV stars. Talking of which i'm looking forward to Matthew Fox's next outing, whatever that may be. I think he has all the credentials and potential to fulfill a good lead role, i guess he's waiting for the right script.

I hope but doubt that he'll make it to the top productions in Hollywood! sadly the burden of television has been too heavy on many talented actors who haven't been able to fully cross over to Hollywood! at the same time tv has in recent year been a safety net for Hollywood's has-beens!

Attitudes in Hollywood towards TV have changed substantially over the past decade though. One could argue that TV has eclipsed film as the most innovative and challenging format post 2000. The big money still resides in film though so i can see why these actors are eager to breakthrough on the big screen.

I hope the stellar TV series we've seen these past years, don't prove to be a flash in the pan "golden era".