Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Siamak

Mahram (Iran)

Jakarta, Indonesia - After defeating Al-Riyadhi of Lebanon, Iranian club Mahram will face Zain, a club from Jordan, in the Finals for the 2009 FIBA Asia Champions Cup.

If Mahram is successful, Iran will have won three consecutive Asia Cup Championships; Iran’s Saba Battery had won the two previous Asia Champions Cup in 2007 and 2008.

For Lebanon’s Al-Riyadhi, it was their second successive defeat at the hands of an Iranian rival in the Champions Cup semifinal, having lost to Saba Battery in last year’s tournament held in Kuwait.

090520152254_mahram226-reu.jpg

Mahram is the Iranian league champions and so far has not lost a game in the tournament, compiling a 6-0 record by defeating the Philippines’ Smart Gilas, Lebanon’s Al-Riyadhi, Al-Qadsia of Kuwait, South Korean Sangmoo Army Club and Indian Young Cagers.

Ten teams participated in the tournament that also included Satria Muda (Indonesia), Al Wasil (United Arab Emirates), and Al Arabi (Qatar).

Mahram qualified for the 20th FIBA Asia Champions Cup final game after brushing aside Al-Riyadhi of Lebanon on Tuesday.

In the match held at the Britama Arena Sportsmall in Jakarta, Mahram beat Al-Riyadhi 109 – 80, and will now play Zain of Jordan on Wednesday.

Iran’s Saba Battery won the Champions Cup in the last two years. For Al-Riyadhi, it was their second successive defeat at the hands of an Iranian rival in the Champions Cup semifinal, having lost 68-70 to Saba last year in Kuwait.

Mahram, the Iranian league champions completed their 6-0 run in the tournament. The team has already defeated the Philippines’ Smart Gilas, Lebanon’s Al-Riyadhi, Al-Qadsia of Kuwait, South Korean Sangmoo Army Club and Indian Young Cagers.

090520153726_mahram226-prest.jpg

“We still have one more game to play before we reach our goal,” Mahram Coach Mostafa Hashemi said at the post-match news conference.

Scores:

* Mahram 109 (Jackson Vroman 27, Samad Nikkah 22, Priest Lauderdale 20) * Al Riyadhi Beirut 80 (Nate Johnson 26, Ali Fakhreddine 14, Mohammad Ibrahim 14)

Iran's Basketball this past 2 years has made a huge progress and jump. They just seem to get better and better, so does our Volleyball. I wish I could say the same about our soccer!

Iran's Basketball this past 2 years has made a huge progress and jump. They just seem to get better and better, so does our Volleyball. I wish I could say the same about our soccer!

keano jan ma touye hameh sport ha khub hastim,moshkel jaye digast :punishing_wft:

Keano jan do you play basket in L.A ?!