Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
irannostalgia

Indian flavoured iranian music

indiablog_0.jpg

I'm preparing to visit India. So I am compiling the music I will take on my Walkman during the trip. It will be mostly indian pop music which I can tell you about in a separate post.

Along with the indian material, I want to take with me some iranian pop with indian flavour.

For those of you who understand music, you know what I mean. Iranian pop music with indian tabla percussion, mid range tempo 100BPM to 124 BPM. In other words, normal, non-miki mouse speed. Now I'm not being a purist, I know some of these are more "afghan" than "indian", but you get the idea. Here are some examples:

1. Soli - Hamadi Fill + Negar (Ey yaar-e Man)

2. Googoosh - Man aamadeham

3. Nooshafain - Nazanin E Ashegh

4. Betti - Jodaee (on her new album)

5. Nelli - ki bood Ki bood

6. Gitti - Geryeh ( dokhtari dareh geryeh mikoneh )

7. Mehrpouya - Aseman Migeryad emshab.

For those of you who understood what I meant, can you think of any additional iranian songs that have hindi flavor and tabla percussion in them?

If so, let us know in the comments.

indiablog_0.jpg

I'm preparing to visit India. So I am compiling the music I will take on my Walkman during the trip. It will be mostly indian pop music which I can tell you about in a separate post.

Along with the indian material, I want to take with me some iranian pop with indian flavour.

For those of you who understand music, you know what I mean. Iranian pop music with indian tabla percussion, mid range tempo 100BPM to 124 BPM. In other words, normal, non-miki mouse speed. Now I'm not being a purist, I know some of these are more "afghan" than "indian", but you get the idea. Here are some examples:

1. Soli - Hamadi Fill + Negar (Ey yaar-e Man)

2. Googoosh - Man aamadeham

3. Nooshafain - Nazanin E Ashegh

4. Betti - Jodaee (on her new album)

5. Nelli - ki bood Ki bood

6. Gitti - Geryeh ( dokhtari dareh geryeh mikoneh )

7. Mehrpouya - Aseman Migeryad emshab.

For those of you who understood what I meant, can you think of any additional iranian songs that have hindi flavor and tabla percussion in them?

If so, let us know in the comments.

arash has indian style songs like boro boro

Oh, thanks. It hadn't occured to me. Yes you are right about Arash. Though his stuff is more on the faster paced material. I need something a bit slower though still rythmic.

I love indian music!!

and acutally i love india the culture the history and ...

so ill try to remember some indian flavoured iranian songs for u

Naser Abdollahi's "Behet Nagoftam" from the album "Mandegar"

alireza eftekhari's "Zire Chatre Baran" which is actually more of a ripp off than an indian flavoured :p

Fereydoun's album "Az To Dooram" has some indian like songs for example "Earthly Song"

Ebi's "To Ra Negah Mikonam" from the album "Tolou Kon" always reminds me of the beauty of indian music

these are all i can think of for now ;)

I remember 3-4 years ago Googoosh sang an Afghan or perhaps Afghan-influenced song, I can't remember the name of the song, but it goes like: Ta koja baayad... and the video was shot in a desert while she's sitting down and singing

Mansoor has ripped off 2 actual Indian songs with Persian lyrics: Zendegi behtar az in nemishe, and Doone doone

Apart from what Pourya called up from Toofan, he yet has another Indian song called bale bale...

Although all these songs except Googoosh's song are on a faster tempo, perhaps above 185 (All 6/8 time signature).

Thanks everyone ... I'll go try all of those.

Actually, in the meantime I'm also discovering Hindi Music and Punjabi music and some of the stuff is absolutely awsome. Like theres this guy that wears a turbant called "Inderjeet Nikku", simply AMAZING!!! With full string section!!

Eventually I'll make a list of my india / punjabi discoveries and post them here and on my site. Its actually difficult to discover indian / paki singers because their music industry is mainly based on the soundtracks of the bollywood movies. So I had to dig hard. But definitly found some songs I could suggest for the nexxt Nooshafarin cover... Unfortunatelly I cant imagine many iranian "guy" singers doing these numbers just because we don't have that many iranian male singers with beautiful "smooth" voices. Maybe Ali Ashabee...

Apart from what Pourya called up from Toofan, he yet has another Indian song called bale bale...

actually thats a remake of an old Baluchi folk song bro, however it does have Indian influences.

I'm going to go and try the Toofan one's because I tried the ones Ahmaad mentioned, and not a single one of them had anything to do with what I was talking about! :bl

Oh this Panjabi song is driving me crazy. Couldnt find a video for it though:

artist: Inderjeet Nikku -

song: Jithe Baba Pair Dhare

Mehrshad's Khaliband song is also mixed with Indian song.

Try to find Sonu Nigams and Imran Khans songs this 2 have good songs.

Thanks .... I tried the Ashkan and Kooshan one. Nice and interesting definitely!!

I also found the Toofan song that has indian flavor (with video). It is on his site, but unfortunately his singing is very weak and the song was dull.

I'm going to go and try the Toofan one's because I tried the ones Ahmaad mentioned, and not a single one of them had anything to do with what I was talking about! :bl

Oh this Panjabi song is driving me crazy. Couldnt find a video for it though:

artist: Inderjeet Nikku -

song: Jithe Baba Pair Dhare

lol :bandana:

Ok, I'm back from India...

By the way Ramesh also has a tabla heavy one called "Geryeh Nakon".

But, now that I've been listening to India / Punjab music for two months, I can give you finally a good recomendation on music from India.

These are my 4 favorite songs from India and Punjab:

1. INDERJEET NIKKU - Naam Nahin Lenah (Punjab) Year: 2007

2. shreya ghoshal - Salaam-E-Ishq Year: 2009

3. Alka Yagnik - Chori Chori Chupke - Year: 2006

4. sami adnan - Mahiya Year: 2008

Sound sample is available at a video in my site:

http://updatesdario.blogspot.com/2009/03/d...dia-punjab.html

Ok, I'm back from India...

By the way Ramesh also has a tabla heavy one called "Geryeh Nakon".

But, now that I've been listening to India / Punjab music for two months, I can give you finally a good recomendation on music from India.

These are my 4 favorite songs from India and Punjab:

1. INDERJEET NIKKU - Naam Nahin Lenah (Punjab) Year: 2007

2. shreya ghoshal - Salaam-E-Ishq Year: 2009

3. Alka Yagnik - Chori Chori Chupke - Year: 2006

4. sami adnan - Mahiya Year: 2008

Sound sample is available at a video in my site:

http://updatesdario.blogspot.com/2009/03/d...dia-punjab.html

nice, which cities in india did you go to? how safe were the conditions and what kind of place did you stay in?