Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Siamak

The Best Iranian Songwriters

Iranian Songwriters  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Best Iranian Songwriter ?

• Mohammad Heydari
    • Babak Bayat
    • Mansour Tehrani
    • Sadegh Nojouki
    • Zoya Zakarian
    • Ardalan Sarfaraz
    • Shahyar Ghanbari
    • Hassan Shamaizadeh
    • Iraj Janati Ataie
    • Varojan
    • Farid Zoland
    • Other

Who is the best iranian songwriter ? what you prefer ? the iranian songwriters of before the revulotion or after ? Choose one of the list and tell us why, in this way we can share about what we know (iranian music) .

Mr Pourya , please correct me if i am wrong with the names, Thank you :) .

Good topic Siamak. I can't really make a fair comment on which period of productions i prefer as i have only seriously followed post-revolution music. May i suggest perhaps adding one of my personal faves Babak Radmanesh ? :)

Mr B Radmanesh is another Master of Iranian music . He's a big man and honestly i don't know many ppl like him . His songs for R Moein are excelent and i like it .

I put the option 'other' and you can vote it and tell us why you prefer him so much.

Thank you for your atention amigo :) .

Many of these folks you have listed in your poll are not songwriters, a lyricist is not to be considered a songwriter! A songwriter is one who writes the music (Creates melodies of a song), A lyricist is one who writes the words (Tarane sara). Zoya, Jannati Ataei, Shariar Ghanbari and... are Lyricist, while Farid Zoland, Nojooki and... are songwriters. However we have people like Shamaeizadeh who once in a while tries writing some of his own lyrics which often turn out to be flop!

Just a reminder!

Exactly bro, also I must say that I personally would include some names that have been active in the recent decades as well.

Many of these folks you have listed in your poll are not songwriters, a lyricist is not to be considered a songwriter! A songwriter is one who writes the music (Creates melodies of a song), A lyricist is one who writes the words (Tarane sara). Zoya, Jannati Ataei, Shariar Ghanbari and... are Lyricist, while Farid Zoland, Nojooki and... are songwriters. However we have people like Shamaeizadeh who once in a while tries writing some of his own lyrics which often turn out to be flop!

Just a reminder!

then bebin.tv is wrong,not me, because this is their list,is not mine :D

Ey kalak endakhtish gardane Bebin.com? :D

What is Bebin.com anyway?

I agree, lyricists are not songwriters, although they often claim to be!!!

Over the last decade my personal faves have been Kamran Delan and Babak Radmanesh. KD for his eclecticism and Babak Radmanesh, whom is one of those songwriters that has forged almost his own sub-genre within the industry with his signature tracks (even though he has perhaps lacked evolution in his sound more recently). His trademark is obvious without even reading the credits.

I'm also fond of some of Elton Farrokhe Ahis songs, particularly for Andy.

Edited by Omega

Started of with the hit song "Lab Labe Man" for Zia to later work with other singers such as: Fereydoon Foroughi, Ebi, Sattar, Shahrokh, Morteza, Omid, Moein, Dariush, Homeyra, Homeira, Mehrdad Asemani, Farzin, Haydeh, Shohreh, Shahram Solati, Shahram Shabpareh, Googoosh etc.

Who is the best iranian songwriter ? what you prefer ? the iranian songwriters of before the revulotion or after ? Choose one of the list and tell us why, in this way we can share about what we know (iranian music) .

You Forgot Maryam Hyderzadeh

You Forgot Maryam Hyderzadeh

lol.. nobody wanna songwriters of before damn revulotion..this is so funny :D .. neah , i don't forget her .

In terms of construction of vocal melodies, my vote goes to:

Babak Afshar

From a musician perspective I can tell that he is really in control. It looks like he can take the melody in the direction that he wants and come up with a correct composition. Ghomayshi also can write properly.

Some of the other writers wrote nice melodies, but I feel that some of it was "by ear". Meaning they just dotched down what they were humming to themselves and thats why the material might not be as original. I think Varoojan as great as he was worked that way when writing music and not arrangements. Same goes with Jahanbakhsh Pazooki.

Edited by irannostalgia

Mohammad Heydari

Sadegh Nojouki

Tooraj Negahban - Funeral and Burial Ceremony :(