Forum | Bia2.com
bobbaka

Siavash Ghomeyshi's last 3 albums

Who agrees with me?

I think they all suck. He hasn't produced anything as great as his older albums for a while now.

I am afraid he has been overdoing and killing it with all his new obsession with the electronic and in particular Trance genre. He has deviated from his distinctive music styles which he spent a few decades on building and creating. He needs to take it easy and try to cater to the mass majority of his loyal and diehard fans who have admired his old albums in the past and stick with his old style and distance himself from all-Trance-tracks path to a reasonable extent!

I disagree. I think he is doing the right thing. Casablanca is a classic. But should filmmakers still stick to that style of filmmaking? Things have changed. The only person who I think is overdoing this whole "going with the trend" thing is Shahbal. Siavash's Bi Sarzamintar az Bad is a classic in it's own right. The very latest album I agree with you, is not Siavash's best. Even though he still is in a league of his own in comparison with most other Iranian singers.

I disagree. I think he is doing the right thing. Casablanca is a classic. But should filmmakers still stick to that style of filmmaking? Things have changed. The only person who I think is overdoing this whole "going with the trend" thing is Shahbal. Siavash's Bi Sarzamintar az Bad is a classic in it's own right. The very latest album I agree with you, is not Siavash's best. Even though he still is in a league of his own in comparison with most other Iranian singers.

Bi sarzamin tar az bad for sure was one of his most commercial albums, and that's how he got ore popular within the younger audience, thus successful concerts. However his last album whatever song I have heard on TVs have been total disappointment for me.

after his album "Neghab". he changed most of the people in his band...one of them was Erwin Khachikian, Erwin was his bass player,he made most of the songs in ghomayshi's album" Neghab", and his older albums.Now Erwin only plays at his concerts. I guess this was on of the reasons!

Edited by DJ RaMiN

Erwin Khachikian is a good friend, though he didnt make the songs but rather arranged them. Not after Neghaab, Erwin also did Bisarzamintar az baad after that.

Erwin Khachikian is a good friend, though he didnt make the songs but rather arranged them. Not after Neghaab, Erwin also did Bisarzamintar az baad after that.

Right..he said neghab was last...but I guess ure right..I might miss understood.

Erwin Khachikian any relation with Samuel Khachikian ?

I can definitely see what you guys are talking about. The music, itself, was way ahead of its time in the Iranian industry in Ghomayshi's old albums. But now he is not as groundbreaking anymore. And his songs are no longer as instrumental. And he kind of lost his poetic touch. I LOVED when he had deklameh in his songs. I think he recites a Molavi poem in one of his songs... Ba to hekayati degar if I'm not mistaken. That song is a true classic. But I just accept that times have changed and Siavash is never going to be on top anymore. He had his time. He is a legend and that era has ended. Same with Madonna or Michael Jackson or whoever.