Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  

We all love the lion and the sun flag but for a democratic Iran it may be more suitable if we decided to change this historical symbol to something a bit more suitable. I suggest putting a farvahar on the flag due to its historical significance. The flag would look similar to this:

t_iranbannerm_6397b60.png

Now for those of you that would state the farvahar is a religious symbol so is the symbol of Turkey, the crescent moon, but it didn't stop the majority of Turkic countries from using it.

Zartosht-i flag ? why ? we have already a flag and we don't need this non sense one .

f164%20Iran%20IPC%20Straight%20Sword%20lrg.jpg

Zartosht-i flag ? why ? we have already a flag and we don't need this non sense one .

Stop intimidating other members for what they believe is right!

He mainly suggested his very own preference & taste of the flag emblem! what on earth gives you the right and urge to intimidate him for what he believes looks presentable on our flag? why can't you learn to respect people's way of thinking? why do you have to feel obligated to step your feet on others' toes? Leave him alone let him propose his ideal flag emblem while you enjoy your own Shiro khorshid flag!

Stop this attitude of "My way or Highway"

Siamak!

Allow me to remind you of a very famous quote of yours:

Kasi keh dust nadareh in thread ro,nayad inja alaki reply bokoneh ! beh zur ke kasi ro ejbar nemikonan keh ! man ham ba kheili chiz ha mokhalefam vali nemiam mozahem-e baghieh besham,say konid beh baghieh,beh afkar-e baghieh ehteram bezarid vagarnah ba shoma juri barkhord khahand kard keh shomaha mikonid !

http://forum.bia2.com/index.php?showtopic=5376&st=0

Hypocrisy at its best!

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

You're full of contradiction and hypocritical behavior, the above quote of yours proves it all!

Ok :) .

The Farvahar is a symbol of Iran and its people not just the Zartoashtian faith. We have every right to use it. Besides what better symbol than the Farvahar to represent our rich and sophisticated culture? Yet this is a matter of opinion of course and I respect your opinion to retain the old symbol. However, if we are to transit to democracy then it is imperative we consider other flag options. Thus, we shouldn't be afraid of change.

No thanks, enough with religious symbols in our flag. Shir o Khorshid is the way to go.

Yes I agree. Always shiro khorshid

The Farvahar is a symbol of Iran and its people not just the Zartoashtian faith. We have every right to use it. Besides what better symbol than the Farvahar to represent our rich and sophisticated culture? Yet this is a matter of opinion of course and I respect your opinion to retain the old symbol. However, if we are to transit to democracy then it is imperative we consider other flag options. Thus, we shouldn't be afraid of change.

i think its looks nice :) good idea :)

No thanks, enough with religious symbols in our flag. Shir o Khorshid is the way to go.

Yes I agree. Always shiro khorshid

This is what i think too guys .

The Farvahar version surely looks the part, but my gripe is with proposing it as a symbol for a democratic state. I do appreciate that it is now looked upon as a symbol of pride and culture rather than religion but as a matter of principle, a representation of a secular state should be void of any religious leanings or symbolisation.

We all love the lion and the sun flag but for a democratic Iran it may be more suitable if we decided to change this historical symbol to something a bit more suitable. I suggest putting a farvahar on the flag due to its historical significance. The flag would look similar to this:

Now for those of you that would state the farvahar is a religious symbol so is the symbol of Turkey, the crescent moon, but it didn't stop the majority of Turkic countries from using it.

So you want to replace the symbol which represents an Islamic nation with an ancient symbol which represents a dying religion of only maybe 300,000 people?

Next you will saying that we should worship fire like our Zoroastrian ancestors?

So you want to replace the symbol which represents an Islamic nation with an ancient symbol which represents a dying religion of only maybe 300,000 people?

Next you will saying that we should worship fire like our Zoroastrian ancestors?

wow what a ignorant idea, worship fire like zoroastrians? zoroastrians dont "worship" fire, fire represents "gheble" like kabe for moslems, so do you think moslems worship a building and stone?

both farvahar and shiro khorshid are part of our history, but not that sword.

post-27286-1248153228_thumb.jpg

I think the Farvahar version looks best, would rather had Faravahr than Shir o Khorshid

I agree with u there about the farhavar symbol, same thing with the shir-o-khorshid, it is a persiansymbol not an iranian, why do u think Reza Pahlavi changed the name of the country from Persia to Iran, cuz the miniories were about rebel, I dont think the arab-iranians in khuzestan, the kurds in kurdestan, or the lors and baluchs wants a persian symbol on the flag, since the people of Iran no matter if are muslims the best choice in my opinion would be the current flag,

plus the shir-o-khorshid its also a symbol for the imperial iran,I don't see pahlavi or another self-crowning person comming to the power anytime soon

I like this flag, and I think we should use it. I agree it's more subtable.

It is really too soon to think about that..first we need to have back iran...then we could think of all kind of "designs" for the flag..... lol

پرچم شیرو خورشید نماد ایرانی بودن نه سلطنت طلبی

چرا هر كجا اسم پرچم شيرو خورشد ميايد همه مي گويند اين پرچم سلطنت طلبها است(مجاهدين هم از اين پرچم استفاده مي كنند با اينكه مخالف صد در صد سلطنت طلبي هستند)اين پرچم نماد تاريخي ايران هست و در ايران ازاد بايد پرچم ايران شيرو خورشيد شود نه با نماد خرچنگ باشد ما يك جمهوري ايراني با يك پرچم ايراني مي خواهيم نه پرچم اسلامي ما نبايد هركس را كه از پرچم شيروخورشيد دفاع مي كند بگوييم سلطنت طلب است(قدیمی ترین پرچم شیر و خورشید دار شناخته شده به سال ۸۲۶ هجری قمری (حدود ۱۴۲۳ میلادی) همزمان با دورهٔ تیموریان بر می‌گردد)و با کمی مطالعه می توان فهمید که این پرچم اصیل ایرانی است نه نماد سلطنت طلبی.

http://iranazadman.blogfa.com/post-34.aspx