Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Ready, Steady...Cook!

I can teach you guys how to make over easy eggs!

^ What do you mean? :unsure:

Thanks Al for the recipes. :air_kiss_wft: I will take a closer look at them once I get the chance though I have a feeling that its going to be a lotta lotta lard :p

Guys! Get some fish dishes coming through :D

Guys! Get some fish dishes coming through

acorlybaby36resizegr1.gif

I'm gonna be first since I'm from South! :p

My Favourite...

Ghalye Mahi

Slice 2 onions thinly and fry in cup oil till brown. Remove the stems from 1 bunch of parsley and chop finely. Chop 2 bunches of cilantro (no need to remove any but the coursest stems), 1 bunch of green onions, and 4 cloves of garlic. Add the chopped sabzi and garlic to the onions and continue to fry until the color turns a deep dark green. Add 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper, and 1 teaspoon turmeric, and fry for a minute more.

Add 3 cups water, 2 tablespoons tamarind paste, 1-2 tablespoons dried fenugreek (shanbalileh) leaves, and salt to taste. Depending on the type of tamarind paste you use, and the freshness of the fenugreek you may want to add a little more of each. Simmer the stew for at least an hour, longer if convenient. Add extra water if it becomes too thick. About 5 minutes before serving, add 1 lb. of fish cut into 2-inch pieces, and continue simmering just until the fish turns color. Serve with plain rice.

A few notes about measurements and ingredients:

How American supermarkets determine the size of a bunch of sabzi is one of those mysteries of mass marketing I'd rather not think about. For the business at hand, figure that each "bunch" is about 1/4 lb.

I've never seen fresh fenugreek (shanbalileh) outside of Iran, so I use dried. You can find this at Indian stores under the name of kasuri methi. Another Indian specialty that's very handy is Tamicon, a smooth tamarind paste that comes in jars. If you use the normal tamarind paste that looks like a hard brown brick, you will need to soak it in hot water first and remove the seeds and stringy fibbers.

Any type of fish will do, but the dish is well suited to a firm white fish like cod or one that is robustly flavoured, such as catfish.

:chef:

Thanks Kourosh jaan, now I have a question for you.

Knowing you're from south of Iran, several years ago a friend of mine in vancouver Canada made this unbelievably delicious White fish with its amazing stuffing, I remember he had a vegetable combination of Parsley, Cilantro, Ginger and some more vegetables that I can't remember, so he fried the veggies, then stuffed them in the fish, then wrapped them in aluminum sheets and placed them in the Oven, OMG was it delicious or what? the best Fish I have ever had!!! Of course it was served with Sabzi polo.

Do you know what this dish is? and if you do, would you be kind enough to share the recipe?

I think I made something like that some time ago.

I'm not sure of all the herbs I used. I'm sure there was parsley, maybe some coriander and dill as well. I also put some crushed walnuts and halghe badoom. Fried it a bit and then stuffed the fish and put it in the oven. It's pretty simple.

In my recipe book it's called it 'Mahiye shekam por'

Edited by Ava_T

:eek_wft: i wanna know how to make ghorme sabzi, like how khozestaniha make it

Makes your poo totally green and weird smelling!

Thats cool everyone in here knows to cook even i know to cook egg,burger and hot dog,