Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

[))ART TALK((]

Alright guys, this is a thread for artists and art fans to go random and talk about the subject!

Well at least me and Amelia need such a thread! :DD :p

we all know CGSociety by now, the community that brings together the world's digital artists! they have also gathered the best of some artworks and published them as high quality books which come in both regular and limited editions! A bit pricey are the limited editions but well worth the cash spent considering the quality you get! I have for long wanted to order some of their books but not got around to! but my summer has just started and I need some inspiration so yesterday I went ahead and ordered two of their books and pre-ordered one! one tutorial in "painter" which is a program I don't have but love its work that I've seen and the others are tutorials by the community's best artists!

I preordered this one, you can see every page by clicking on the digital page-turners!

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/d...ing_2/index.php

however i placed the order for the limited edition which costs twice the price but numbered and somehow i manged to reserve number 1! and the lower the number the more is a limited edition worth! :dance_baby_wft:

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/l...tions.php?id=95

sadly the limited ed of this one was sold out but i still get a slip-cased edition:

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/d...gital_painting/

the painter artworks:

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/painter/

I got the special edition with exclusive prints:

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/l...tions.php?id=54

it all cost me $400 incl shipping but worth it! :clap2: :dance_baby_wft:

Guest triple555

great idea pourya!! :DD

those books will be well worth it! very nice!! :dance_baby_wft:

i couldn't undestand if you have the program as well or is there any other program you were using?

and what about those digital sketch pads do you have one?

I only have photoshop Amelia, which I intend to learn this summer! and buy one of those digital pads or tablets for! :dance_baby_wft:

but painter gives a bit rougher and colourful effect, like real brushes! digitally impressionistic! no fine lines!

Guest triple555

oh i seee!! i know painter has a very nice effect!! i noticed from the books you mentioned and oh my they are soo beautiful!!

i thought it was cool that you could look inside the books! :clap2:

yeah its cool, isnt it! :dance_baby_wft: helps one choose the right book to buy! even though i'm so tempted to buy more and am sure that i eventually will buy all!lol :DD :bl

Guest triple555

loool well it will be one of those nice collections you know!! :friends: the physical price will disapear and become worth to you even more :clap2:

its like the more you surround yourself with things you have passion for the more you will get into it and it will difinitely effect your achievements!! :bl :dance_baby_wft:

traditional speedpainting! portrait in 5 hours! He uses the same technique as I do!

hopefully soon i'll be able to do it in photoshop like this guy! he is amazing!

Guest triple555
Amelia, I was browsing the CGsociety and found this Iranian architect! Thought you might find her work interesting! :;):

http://maryamnademi.cgsociety.org/gallery/

sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner on this pourya!! :air_kiss_wft: thanks for the link i do find an admiration for her work!! very niice!! thank you :friends:

there is something new developing in field of architecture with the digital era and i think that goes with other artistic fields as well for sure! i don't know

if it has already happened or not but it sure is exciting to see the results!! :dance_baby_wft:

for me it still has been hard working digitally and can't seem to catch up with most of my classmates!

The other videos you posted are also veryyy cool to watch!! delam aab shod!! :dance_baby_wft:

do you find it hard using that technique with acrylic though? just wondering

i actually use water color more than any other medium I've noticed and wondered how would a water color technique

work in digital painting i can't seem to imagine it but in my mind seems something very transparent, light and layered

Hi there Amelia, great to have you back! :dance_baby_wft: :air_kiss_wft:

Not that hard really, the trick with acrylics is that you gotta learn how to work with a medium that dries super fast! the bets way is to start sketching with one single colour, basically painting up the motif in one colour! then you start with applying flat colours, working your way up to bold ones! then apply a dark and unifying wash and then paint the highlights! that's it really!

To be honest I have a hard time working with watercolours! Since its so fleeting and you can seldom correct! You have to early plan how to use your paper's white in the process of lightening! I have seen some digital paintings looking like watercolour paintings! my guess is that one uses less opaque colours and in softer brushes and layers! there are so many effects you can achieve by experimenting!

Guest triple555

interesting!! thanks!! :air_kiss_wft:

true, i think that is whats great about the digital painting, makes experimenting easier! :dance_baby_wft:

Guest triple555

hiii pourya!!!

how exciting!!! jaaye ma ro ham khali kon :dance_baby_wft:

merci amelia, I will! :clap2:

btw I found a smaller cintiq tablet and less expensive! 12 inch and 999 dollars! not bad for the quality you get! :dance_baby_wft:

Khosh beh hal-e unhaei keh talent daran va mitunand naghashi bekeshan.

Touye in donya ,bayad ya balad bashi naghashi bekeshi ya saz bezani,ageh betuni va nakoni,vaghean khejalet dareh !

Guest triple555

akhey siamak!! hame ye no' khalaaghiat daarand hatman dige .. khoshbehalie shoma ham hastesh :friends:

merci amelia, I will! :clap2:

btw I found a smaller cintiq tablet and less expensive! 12 inch and 999 dollars! not bad for the quality you get! :dance_baby_wft:

oooo sounds very reasonable!! that is soo cool though!! i mean imagine what all you can do!!

Guest triple555

2402971700103257411S425x425Q85.jpg

i just found out that an iranian architect i admired very much had passed away in march 5th of this year!

it is a sad loss but will be remembered through his contribution of earth friendly designs.

He was also involved in coming up with mars architecture strategies!

he had a passion for Rumi's poetry as well being greatly inspired by him!

article:

http://archrecord.construction.com/news/da...0421khalili.asp

his famous adobe housing

2570340280103257411S500x500Q85.jpg

2756902090103257411S500x500Q85.jpg

2436823960103257411S500x500Q85.jpg

2714873500103257411S600x600Q85.jpg

2090924930103257411S500x500Q85.jpg

This image is breath taking!!

Guest triple555

they are great! he resided in California and i think founded an institution of art and architecture there! i would love to check it out!