Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Adil

Ali Karimi Out Of National Team

Ali Karimi got kicked out from the national team because he said the truth.

Ali Karimi Ejected From Iran Camp

2004 Asian Player of the Year Ali Karimi has been kicked out of Iran’s training camp, after criticising the Iranian Football Federation (IFF) in a recent interview.

Ali Karimi who had travelled to Ardebil for a training camp with Iran national football team ahead of June's series of 2010 World Cup qualifiers, left the camp on Tuesday morning and returned to Tehran after he was suspended by the IFF pending further investigations to comments made by him in a recent interview.

The former Bayern Munich star criticised the federation saying:“These things (mismanagement, and lack of a clear plan) have become something normal in our football. In the 10 years that I have been part of the national team, things have never been so bad. I hope these problems are solved soon, but the officials need to know that they can not solve these problems by just talking.”

Karimi is one of the biggest names in Iranian football and the decision to suspend him is controversial.

Iran take on UAE in the next 2010 World Cup qualifier on June 2 in Tehran.

behtar..ye allafe avazi kamtar !eyval daei .

Ali Karimi at his best time i miss those days.

Ali Karimi at his best time i miss those days.

believe it,i miss it too but, when he was in germany,he had lots time and oppottunities to get the best football lesson over there and he didn't that,after this,he was back to asia just for money, common amigo,what we can call him ? he is not the same ali karimi,which you and me were watching him how he was playing like maradona .

Biggest waste of talent ever...

All his career big clubs wanted him, but he chose to waste his time in the UAE leagues and make better money... What a classless player, picked money over the prestige and ability to have his talent nurtured by a top European club. He deserves this, thank allah for Karma...

Go back to those s*** arab leagues... ive thought he was good, probably his best performance was the last AFC championship (04' i think) idk remember wen but he single handedly kept Iran within the game against many teams (esp. china).

Whatever Iran needs to be focused more on trying to get into the WC, lol they dont even seem like they can compete on a friendly level, how are they suppose to make it into WC 2010. Regardless looking forward to another Iran-less World Cup (at least it keeps my blood pressure down a lil more).

The guy is old... time to forget bout him unfortunately, in Bayern he played the first season, then slowly disappeared in his second season.

Thnx for the thread...

He was just EXCELLENT!!!

But then again he decided to go to UAE...and the funny thing is that i have a freind from Emarate and when i said to him u know... Karimi.. he just laughed .... he said he is NOT good.!!! i was like :eek_wft:

Zendegie khodesh bud..va khodesh un tasmimo gereft... Hopefully we will soon or later get him replaced...

Ali Karimi didnt choose money i read in a news what he said before coming to Dubai he said he wants to play in small teams before going to big clubs in Europe to get more expirience.But he didnt know he will become like Arabs before going to EU teams.But in the last game against Kuwait Ali Karimi was very good and Qatar paid him more then any club this year that means his still good but not what he used to be before.

If he left Iran at the age of 21 to EU for sure he had the chance to be in the top 10 players in the world but it was very late when he went there he was half of Ali Karimi.

Ali Karimi didnt choose money i read in a news what he said before coming to Dubai he said he wants to play in small teams before going to big clubs in Europe to get more expirience.But he didnt know he will become like Arabs before going to EU teams.But in the last game against Kuwait Ali Karimi was very good and Qatar paid him more then any club this year that means his still good but not what he used to be before.

If he left Iran at the age of 21 to EU for sure he had the chance to be in the top 10 players in the world but it was very late when he went there he was half of Ali Karimi.

plus the fact, he is getting old now... not VERY old...but some ppl's efficiency reduces more quickly as they get older compared to others (ALI Daei)!!

But i still respect him for all the good things he brought to iranian football...

Ali Karimi is not like Ali Daei he needs speed and stamina to play good............Ali Daei had technic to score only not much stamina and speed.

I think Karimi will get retired at the age of 33....I hope Iran will be there in Wc2010 and Karimi also.

lol o man iranian football is so overated....

first of all the guy has always choosen money... r u kidding me he is in the end of his career no club is going to want a slow dribbler aged 32... by the end of his contract. What experience in asia is worth more than EUROPEAN EXP....

It was truly a huge mistake to sacrifice talent for money... yet im definitely with u, if he left at 21 to europe, where they hav the proper facilities, diet coaches, trainers etc... i could only imagine how great he would be...

Look an example is nekounam was injured and within 6mths the injury was rehabilitated, if this was in Iran, it wouldve took a year, and then he might not even be the same player... rite now he has a better chance with the spanish club of returning to better form

Lol HE PLAYED KUWAIT... not a SOCCER POWER...

ALI DAEI never had ane of those maybe early in his career... but the guy was tall and wen he played, the TEAMS WHERE HORRIBLE, his goal tally should hav an * near it bc he played south asian teams that werent properly funded... LOOK AT THE GOAL TALLY ON ANY WEBSITE AND YOU'LL REALIZE MAYBE.... MAYBE.... MAYBE only 30 SHOULD COUNT.

LOL IMAGINE IF PELE GOT TO PLAY AGAINST LAOS, CAMB., VIETNAM, ETC...

come on guys.. ma faghat injam neshestim darim nazar midim...

vali un bichare bayad pulo entekhab mikard chonke its not as if bargarde iran... kheily behesh pul bedan..., and unam fekre ayandashe so i dont blaim him... he might have done a wrong thing to choose money ...but then again.. taghsire un nist.. un fekr mikarde thats best for him well.. ishala ke hamishe saalem bashe..

come on guys.. ma faghat injam neshestim darim nazar midim...

vali un bichare bayad pulo entekhab mikard chonke its not as if bargarde iran... kheily behesh pul bedan..., and unam fekre ayandashe so i dont blaim him... he might have done a wrong thing to choose money ...but then again.. taghsire un nist.. un fekr mikarde thats best for him well.. ishala ke hamishe saalem bashe..

no ur dead right... i mean considering how much the avg. IPL player gets paid or even their top players get dont paid, wen compared to the arab states arent eve comparable. ESP in Iran wut could of this guy done other than kickk the soccer ball, he has some real estate too, i know of a few buildings in Kish, that hes got bc of the Govt. Regardless i mean thats wuts happened in Iran in general everyone thinks about survival and its related too money. Also the game is a business now... look at the corporations or ppl owning teams like man u, liverpool, barca, etc...

Though i still believe its very unlikely he'll go back to Europe, even though he does hav a clause in his contract for it, but not many ppl want an aged slow midfielder...

yup yup....

Though on another note... he fell out with the coach... does he hav something against daei or vice versa... This only seems like trouple to possibly ccome. Obviously Ali Daei has a huge ego, and hey how is going to mix and match with some of hsi former playesrs....

still he's probably our countries best lookin player... very stud-like probably a beast in da sack...

It will be very hard to play witout Ali Karimi his still the best player in our team and other teams in Asia get scared of him because Karimi is a player who can do anything at any time arab hosts calls him Master Key.

UAE is ready to play against Iran but we dont know if Daei is ready.....i hope they will play better then before.

I heard that Ali Karimi will not play for 2years am not sure i heard it from some1.

Karimi blasts Iran's Football Federation

Iconic Ali Karimi has blasted Iran's Football Federation's decision over throwing him off the national team following his criticism about the IFF's management deficiency.

karimi1nl4.jpg

The Iranian wizard said, "The national team is not my father's heritage and is not head coach Ali Daei's father's heritage either. The team belongs to the Iranian people and everybody has the right to criticize its problems. Before me, Daei had slammed the federation's approach, but there was not any negative reaction against him. I criticized the officials in a sensible manner and the big question is why they are angry with me."

"I don't know what happened. Everybody has praised me due to what I said, however they (IFF) ousted me from the team. I would much rather be out of the national team than compromise with them," Karimi added.

Karimi is not only a good player his also brave.

Comment: No Need For Ali Karimi's Iran Ban

This past week, Iranian football experienced another milestone. No, I am not referring to Perspolis winning the Persian Gulf League championship in a dramatic fashion in the 96th minute. Nor am I discussing Estehglal’s new head coach, actually the old head coach, Ghalenoi who is returning home to revive the Blues’ glory days.

The new milestone is football critics, journalists and fans all finding themselves in an unfamiliar position of supporting Ali Karimi in a disciplinary argument.

Ali Karimi, the Asian Player of the year in 2004 and the magician who scored five times in the 2004 Asian Cup is not exactly the symbol of discipline, hard work and team play.

Those characteristics are usually written about the new national team head coach Ali Daei. So why is it that many in the football community, including this writer, are in this “Twilight Zone” of professional behavior in supporting of ultimate “I play my game the way I like it” player like Karimi?

The answer is in Karimi’s criticism of Iran’s Football Federation (IFF) and their quick and harsh response of banning Karimi. Many in Iran still recall when Karimi was substituted in the World Cup and how he threw the bottle of water (or did he kick the medical bag) and few other things around as a statement against his then head coach Brankovic.

Yet, the same Karimi now in Qatar, seemingly more mature after playing and benching for a stressful year or two in Germany, made statements that all but the IFF agree with. The current Iran Football Federation has made every accidental attempt to take Iran’s football backward.

Karimi used different words but his message was the same.

What did the IFF do? Did they hold a disciplinary meeting and call Karimi in to explain? No.

Did the IFF ask Karimi for a cup of tea in the local “tea house” to discuss Karimi’s concerns? Not really.

Did the IFF pick up the phone and call head coach Ali Daei who was with his club Saipa at the time playing in the Asian Champions League and solicit the advice of Iran’s most prolific player and the new coach? Not exactly!

Simply, quickly, with not much thought behind their action, the IFF banned Karimi for his comments. Ali Karimi is no longer the same quality of player many in Iran and in the Persian Gulf loved. He never ran hard in game but on the other hand, he has matured and made statements that were truthful and of value about the current state of Iran’s football.

Ah, by the way, if Karimi’s playing skills could still be of value they would be against likes of Kuwait and UAE. The IFF needs to take back their decision, pretend to be fair and sit down with Karimi and Daei, listen and then ask for patience.

Ali Daei is a very lonely head coach these days and there is no need for IFF to make Daei and the Iranian national team lonelier. Ali Karimi has done a lot for Iranian football and he deserves better.

Iran Vs UAE 2June2008 Tehran

More power to Karimi, all he said was the true sad state of our football in Iran!

Down with IFF and IRI! :bandana: :bandana: :bandana:

az in behtar nemisheh digeh.. liaghate ma hamineh !

Iran's National football team defeats Zambia in Tehran

Hadi Aghili's late goal gave Iran's football team a narrow 3-2 victory against 67th FIFA-ranked Zambia at Tehran's Azadi Stadium on Sunday.

Osasuna midfielder Javad Nekounam put the hosts ahead in the 13th minute from the penalty spot. Gholam-Reza Rezaei registered Iran's second goal when he shot at close range in the 35th minute .

Plucky Zambia rallied a two goals deficit to equal the match. Mulenga's header past Iran's keeper Seyyed Mehdi Rahmati in the 60th minute . Unmarked Rodgers KOLA equalized the match through a shot into the area two minutes later.

Referee Masoud Moradi pointed to the penalty spot in the last minutes, when the Zambia's defender brought Iran's Hossein Ka'bi down into the area.

Hadi Aghili gave Iran the lead thanks to pedantic referee.

Iran will host the United Arab Emirates in the 2010 World Cup qualifications on June 2.

Ali Karimi is set to leave Qatar

Iranian superstar Ali Karimi with over 100 international caps is set to leave Qatar SC after only one season.

Qatar SC brought in Karimi from German giants FC Bayern together with Djemba-Djemba (Aston Villa), El Karkouri (Charlton) and Diallo (Nantes) prior to the season. Two of the continents best strikers in Sebastian and Imad Ali have also been a part of the club during a disappointing season where the team was unable to win any trophies.

Karimi is said to be one of, if not the highest earner in the league earning more than twice as much as he did with FC Bayern however it’s been said he now is eager to move away from the club. Speculations are that Karimi could be heading back to UAE where he previously played four seasons for Al Ahli.

Karimi is also on the wish list of Iranian champions Perspolis, the club where Karimi got his big breakthrough. However, in his recent criticism of Iran Football Federation which lead to Karimi's ejection from Iranian team camp, some reports from Iran indicate that Ali Karimi also faces ban playing at any IPL club as well, however Ali Karimi dismissed the desire to return to Iran Pro League anytime soon, which leaves UAE league as his final destination.

I read this thing ( actually my dad was reading the news and i read it as well!!) ke Ali Karimi is "forgiven" ...so he can be back to the Iranian football if he wishes....

I read this thing ( actually my dad was reading the news and i read it as well!!) ke Ali Karimi is "forgiven" ...so he can be back to the Iranian football if he wishes....

He is injured, so he will have to miss the mtch against UAE which sucks!

Mahdavikia injured

Karimi injured

Hashemian won't be there

We're doomed!

He is injured, so he will have to miss the mtch against UAE which sucks!

Mahdavikia injured

Karimi injured

Hashemian won't be there

We're doomed!

Indeed!!! :))

I met Ali Karimi in Dubai Airport he said that Ali Daei himself has called me for UAE's match and i read in news paper that Iranian President Ahmedinajed has said Ali Karimi should be in the national team.

Ali Karimi is like european players his height and body is different from other Iranian players.He has a giant head :eek_wft:

TEHRAN – The Iranian football team’s blacklisted skipper Ali Karimi on Wednesday denied the football officials’ recent claims that they invited him back to the national team.

Karimi was expelled from Iran’s Football National Squad after he accused the officials of mismanagement.

Later on, Iran’s president Mahmud Ahmadinejad recommended to the football officials to strengthen the national team by using all the capable players.

“It is said that I was allowed to come back to the team but nobody has called me yet. As I have already said the national team belongs to the people and not to a person. In my opinion, there are some personal and irrational viewpoints that forced me out of the team,” Karimi explained in a letter sent to the Mehr News Agency.

“I am Iran’s soldier and really proud of wearing my country’s colors. Undoubtedly, only the best players deserve to wear that. Hopefully, the current officials will invite the well-prepared players to the team,” he said.

Karimi emphatically affirmed he is a well-disciplined and physically fit player and is ready to serve his country.

He added, “They didn’t call me to join the team. Many thanks to the president but no football official gave me a green light.”

“I had to tell the people these things and all of the Iranians should know that I was virtually ousted from the national team,” he said