Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Shamus

Learning Farsi??

Try Qatar Airways

Yea i actually tried Qatar Airways last yr.. it was alright.. Not so bad..vali i had to wait for 5-6 hrs in Duha... :( and the hours were just draging onn!!!!

Yeah! I live there! Dah! I said I wasn't FROM Birmingham! :giggle:

Most of the time, if you come across an English person, no matter here in England or in your own home land, Don't be surprise that they make their accent even more stronger when they talk to people from other nationalities!

By the way! Due to my experience! If you want to learn English! You don't need to go to college since you are already in England! Just socialize with people and read some grammar books at home.

The first bit was so true, as for learning english i think you misinterpreted what i wrote. I have no intention to learn english as i hope i'm at a suitable level already. :harhar_wft[1]: Anyways brother nice to see another Iranian in Birmingham.

Looking at ur previous convrstns.. Most f colleges ( at least the ones i know )!! Do have Persian as a foreign language... for both GCSE and A-Level.....

Yeah there are a few colleges that teach farsi as an a-level or gcse but this is for the duration of a school year, i have university during that time so there is practically no chance of being able to join. I wish i could thou as it would save me alot of hassle aswell as money.

Some of the Universities offer it as well... so u could just take it as an optional module if u prefer..which uni do U go 2?

Some of the Universities offer it as well... so u could just take it as an optional module if u prefer..which uni do U go 2?

Newcastle uni but my course will not allow an optional module as its fully packed will lectures from 9-5.

Newcastle uni but my course will not allow an optional module as its fully packed will lectures from 9-5.

Well we r close then lool

You will just have to look at the hours that the lectures r running...and how many modules r u allowed to take max?

Well we r close then lool

You will just have to look at the hours that the lectures r running...and how many modules r u allowed to take max?

LOL your a northener?!

I don't really know about the maximum modules you can take, as im sure our course is completely structured leaving no room for anything else. Few of my peers have asked to do additional science unit for research purposes aswell as self-study but were denied as it was thought it could harm their studies - so likelyhood of being allowed to study farsi as a module is fairly impossible.

I got my Persian A Level and GCSE and I think you should maybe think about getting a personal tutor who will prepare you for the GCSE exam then if you really want continue to AS and A Level then voila!

BTW Shamus, where R U from originally? I remember a post you mentioned you're not Iranian. I'm really curious :p

yeap i am....

Well as sahar said... u need to start with GCSE...but that is just too easy...

but when u come 2 do the a-level..it will be sooooo tough...u need to answer some little questions and write 2/3 short essays in 3 hrs i think...cant remember..

anyways good luck..

Yeah the A Level Exam was 2 papers, each 3 hours long and would you believe that I still ran out of time? :giggle:

lool

Yeah the A Level Exam was 2 papers, each 3 hours long and would you believe that I still ran out of time? :giggle:

yea same here....its was really hard...wat did u get?

funny enough i gt 600/600 for my persian a-level...which i was seriously shocked!!

^ Wow! That's really go0od! I don't remember my precise mark though I got an A overall. I got A for my AS paper but B for the A Level paper. I was rather proud of myself I must say B):D So you should be Mega-proud! LOL! :clap:

^ Wow! That's really go0od! I don't remember my precise mark though I got an A overall. I got A for my AS paper but B for the A Level paper. I was rather proud of myself I must say B):D So you should be Mega-proud! LOL! :clap:

afarin..uve done very well...X :air_kiss_wft: well...i tried hard for it.. i remmber i got some books 4rm iran and my dady used to give me tests like dikte and all that crap..lool

Salaam, i checked with them before i asked the local mosques as they offer the most reputable language classes but for some strange reason they do not teach farsi or dari which is surprising considering the large amount of Afghans present in Birmingham. Btw are you a brummie? If so

No! I am not a Brummie! :giggle:

Don't be surprise my friend! Having English as international language, has given majority of people (In the UK) this idea that they don't really need to know any other languages!

About 2 or three years ago... They use to teach Farsi in Bourneville College! You can check their web site.

Good Luck!

Its easy to get in touch with Persian people in London, and Nottingham. However, If you are seriously looking a solution to your persian language problems, I will ask you to contact the nearest Iranian Consulate (Embassy / Foreign Mission), From there, You may find the appropriate and useful contacts and informations.

Hope this helps.!