Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Shamus

Learning Farsi??

Salaam i am based in Birmingham, England. Would like to know if any Iranian bro/sis know any reputable centres that teach farsi in the evening in Birmingham?

Thanks.

Salaam i am based in Birmingham, England. Would like to know if any Iranian bro/sis know any reputable centres that teach farsi in the evening in Birmingham?

Thanks.

hey Shamus, i would get in touch with the islamic centre either in london or your local one in Birmingham, or even the kids at Manchester, theyr super helpful. Birmingham has a good iranian community and just hangin out with them would give u enuff farsi to get by :)

hey Shamus, i would get in touch with the islamic centre either in london or your local one in Birmingham, or even the kids at Manchester, theyr super helpful. Birmingham has a good iranian community and just hangin out with them would give u enuff farsi to get by :)

I have spoken to two of the shia mosques which i should add are not Iranian. To be honest i don't think the Iranians we have in Birmingham are religious type compared to London otherwise they would have a mosque like Iraqi's, Pakistani's etc. Many hazara shias come to our mosque and am sure if there was an Iranian community they wouldn't be at our mosque, as im pretty sure they can speak and understand farsi otherwise known as dari by them. I would ask them to teach me but their command of english is not great.

lol to the second part, two of my close friend are Iranian from tabriz and tehran, i always ask them to teach me but they never will utter a word infront of me because they know i want to learn it for religious purposes rather than learning farsi for the beauty of it. Looks like i may be resigned into going to London in the summer to learn Farsi.

Anyway thanks sister for your response, Salaam.

I think they teach farsi in Brasshouse college in Broad Street!

I have spoken to two of the shia mosques which i should add are not Iranian. To be honest i don't think the Iranians we have in Birmingham are religious type compared to London otherwise they would have a mosque like Iraqi's, Pakistani's etc. Many hazara shias come to our mosque and am sure if there was an Iranian community they wouldn't be at our mosque, as im pretty sure they can speak and understand farsi otherwise known as dari by them. I would ask them to teach me but their command of english is not great.

lol to the second part, two of my close friend are Iranian from tabriz and tehran, i always ask them to teach me but they never will utter a word infront of me because they know i want to learn it for religious purposes rather than learning farsi for the beauty of it. Looks like i may be resigned into going to London in the summer to learn Farsi.

Anyway thanks sister for your response, Salaam.

or throw in a few extra bob and just come to Iran for the summer :)

Salaam, i checked with them before i asked the local mosques as they offer the most reputable language classes but for some strange reason they do not teach farsi or dari which is surprising considering the large amount of Afghans present in Birmingham. Btw are you a brummie? If so :dance_baby_wft:

or throw in a few extra bob and just come to Iran for the summer :)

I wish that option was on the card as it would be great, but my parents won't be too keen on me going there too many times. I'm planning on going there in around two years time, i've been told by many people its great so hopefully i'll enjoy myself.

Anways thanks to both of you for your help will most definetly look into going to London.

Salaam, i checked with them before i asked the local mosques as they offer the most reputable language classes but for some strange reason they do not teach farsi or dari which is surprising considering the large amount of Afghans present in Birmingham. Btw are you a brummie? If so

No! I am not a Brummie! :giggle:

Don't be surprise my friend! Having English as international language, has given majority of people (In the UK) this idea that they don't really need to know any other languages!

About 2 or three years ago... They use to teach Farsi in Bourneville College! You can check their web site.

Good Luck!

Shamus you are living in my place of birth and honestly you should be so proud :p :air_kiss_wft:

I'm a Brummie!!! But without the accent :giggle:

I know a centre for learning Persian but they mainly deal with young people and to be fair they're not that good, I stopped going half way through my Persian A Level but I still got a top mark :D

Do you mind if I ask your age and gender?

BTW which part of Brumland do you live? Just out of curiosity.

That's where my Mum taught back in the days. Kurous have you been to Bham?

No! I am not a Brummie! :giggle:

Don't be surprise my friend! Having English as international language, has given majority of people (In the UK) this idea that they don't really need to know any other languages!

About 2 or three years ago... They use to teach Farsi in Bourneville College! You can check their web site.

Good Luck!

Tell me about it, when you go abroad and speak to local citizens of the country they always complain about how the english tourist expect you to have a solid grasp of the english language.

For someone who doesn't live in Birmingham its surprising that you know a fair amount of farsi courses offered i.e Brasshouse and Bournville college. I checked their website but to no avail, but that college is apparently very poor when it comes to teaching.

Shamus you are living in my place of birth and honestly you should be so proud :p :air_kiss_wft:

I'm a Brummie!!! But without the accent :giggle:

I know a centre for learning Persian but they mainly deal with young people and to be fair they're not that good, I stopped going half way through my Persian A Level but I still got a top mark :D

Do you mind if I ask your age and gender?

Im 20/M, nice to see another Brummie here we are surely blessed to be born and be part of this great city :clap2:

LOL how can you not have a brummie accent, your blatantly in denial its embedded in you at a young age. :harhar_wft[1]: Anyways having a brummie accent is unique aswell as cool and act as a trademark to prove that you are a true brummie.

That's where my Mum taught back in the days. Kurous have you been to Bham?

Yeah! I live there! Dah! I said I wasn't FROM Birmingham! :giggle:

Tell me about it, when you go abroad and speak to local citizens of the country they always complain about how the English tourist expect you to have a solid grasp of the English language.

For someone who doesn't live in Birmingham its surprising that you know a fair amount of farsi courses offered i.e Brasshouse and Bournville college. I checked their website but to no avail, but that college is apparently very poor when it comes to teaching.

My friend!

Most of the time, if you come across an English person, no matter here in England or in your own home land, Don't be surprise that they make their accent even more stronger when they talk to people from other nationalities!

Reason! Simple! They just want to use that mighty international language to get some extra attention by relating it to themselves since after all, they are English and English happens to be international language and therefore, they feel like is your duty to know it and they as English of course are there to judge!

So! Just take it easy and enjoy watching them trying to understand you! You understand them and that's enough for you! :)))

Seriously though! If you want to learn English in a way that most people understand it!

Queens English... it's quite like the way Londoners talk!

By the way! Due to my experience! If you want to learn English! You don't need to go to college since you are already in England! Just socialize with people and read some grammar books at home!

Bingoo... You're gonna talk english better than Prince Charles himself! :th

londnerz talk gd...

Looking at ur previous convrstns.. Most f colleges ( at least the ones i know )!! Do have Persian as a foreign language... for both GCSE and A-Level.....

So Zede Hal u'r 4rm Birmingham?!!!

Ok! I hope you are not mistaking Birmingham ( UK ) with Birmingham ( U.S.A. )! I live in the first one! Nice to meet you all! :)

Haha never realised there were many Brummies here!!

Btw, Nice pic/sig Setareh! :)

:))

Don't tell me you're from Brumland too?

Ok! I hope you are not mistaking Birmingham ( UK ) with Birmingham ( U.S.A. )! I live in the first one! Nice to meet you all! :)

USA just copied UK cities...we have a York, they have a New York...we have a Jersey, they have a New Jersey...and then they literally have a Birmingham! Find your own city names you thieves :haha:

Lovely to meet you too Kurous Jaan! :D

Nop i know which birmingham ur on abt...

Same here...

Bebinam ye soal az shoma birmingham i haa...

az birmingham direct flight dare be iran? i remmeber ghablan dasht..vali since alan mahano bastan... unja chetori shode?!!

az birmingham direct flight dare be iran? i remmeber ghablan dasht..vali since alan mahano bastan... unja chetori shode?!!

Dorost migin Setareh Joon, ghablan Mahan direct flight bood az Bham be Iran vali jam shod for 'health and safety reasons' but actually it was to do with the sanctions, thats what I've heard...

Vali now, there's AirFrance, KLM, Lufthansa etc who have transits in Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt so thats how we would fly. To be honest, even when Mahan was flying from here we still used the other one's. We had personal, family issues with the people who were running Mahan :))

Shoma chejoor mirin Iran?

Yeah! I live there! Dah! I said I wasn't FROM Birmingham! :giggle:

Most of the time, if you come across an English person, no matter here in England or in your own home land, Don't be surprise that they make their accent even more stronger when they talk to people from other nationalities!

By the way! Due to my experience! If you want to learn English! You don't need to go to college since you are already in England! Just socialize with people and read some grammar books at home.

The first bit was so true, as for learning english i think you misinterpreted what i wrote. I have no intention to learn english as i hope i'm at a suitable level already. :harhar_wft[1]: Anyways brother nice to see another Iranian in Birmingham.

Looking at ur previous convrstns.. Most f colleges ( at least the ones i know )!! Do have Persian as a foreign language... for both GCSE and A-Level.....

Yeah there are a few colleges that teach farsi as an a-level or gcse but this is for the duration of a school year, i have university during that time so there is practically no chance of being able to join. I wish i could thou as it would save me alot of hassle aswell as money.

Dorost migin Setareh Joon, ghablan Mahan direct flight bood az Bham be Iran vali jam shod for 'health and safety reasons' but actually it was to do with the sanctions, thats what I've heard...

Vali now, there's AirFrance, KLM, Lufthansa etc who have transits in Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt so thats how we would fly. To be honest, even when Mahan was flying from here we still used the other one's. We had personal, family issues with the people who were running Mahan :))

Shoma chejoor mirin Iran?

Are ...rast migi it was cuz of thesanction stuff.. kheily ham tablo bud.. chonke beri tu manchester airport..yeki maale irano bastan yekiam male syria... lol im like DUEEEEEEEEEEEE!! lol

Man ke parsal ba Qatar airways va emsalam ehtemalan ba Emirates beram...not sure..

R u going to Ir.?