Forum | Bia2.com

I just want to see your views on sufism/darvishism.

Do you like sufism? Do you think that it is right/wrong? Do want to become sufi? what sufi tarighats (schools) do you know about? etc. etc.

Personally, I love Sufism and am trying to become a sufi. I am a very spiritual person and have many similar views with many sufi philosophies. Sufism has been a big part of our culture and there are many famouse iranian sufis such as Rumi, Hafez, Shah Neimatullah Vali, Moshtagh Ali Shah, Nur Ali Shah, and many more.

So, what are your views?

I feel that the emphasis that Sufism places on individuals is almost as if they worship people and, for me, I see that as dangerous and open to criticism. Nonetheless, I appreciate that Sufi's look beyond the materialistic world and as you said are spiritual people! Especially the names you mentioned who were great poets and philosophers of our time.

I didn't know Hafez was Sufi LOL! :D

I feel that the emphasis that Sufism places on individuals is almost as if they worship people and, for me, I see that as dangerous and open to criticism. Nonetheless, I appreciate that Sufi's look beyond the materialistic world and as you said are spiritual people! Especially the names you mentioned who were great poets and philosophers of our time.

I didn't know Hafez was Sufi LOL! :D

Hmmm, I see your point. But, I should say, that sufis do not at all worship people, that is the opposite their philosophy, which is to get closer to the divine and feel the love of God (or as they put it). It is true that they can bring up there teachers to almost a sainthood statis and comemorate famouse and great sufi pirs, but that isnt to say that they "worship" them.

I personally belive in scientology! :huh:

Got you! :))):)))

Anyway! I actually have a cousin who is a Sufi! Although I don't belive in his beliefs but I have to say, his faith has made him a very good person! :)

I like sufi's ...and ive been to few of their gathering... its really intresting...

+ i have many frnds ke sufi hastan... and i personally like and respect their thoughs and feelings...

Thanx baraye thread....

My friend, I will tell you this much.

It is more enlightening than anything else this world or it's people have to offer!

I am not one.

But, I love Persian Sufi Poetry... it's truly magical.

It's beautiful.

You will smile from it.