Forum | Bia2.com
Tork-e-Shirazi

Kamyar from the Black Cats

Recently, I have had the pleasure of meeting Kamyar from the Black Cats; we've become friends and "business partners" of sorts. I have agreed to help him in the marketing of his new solo album, as well as, possibly in critiquing his next album. His contract with the Black Cats is up in about a month or two and he is now working on his new album (which will be in English, French, Persian and Arabic). He has been in talks with Arash about the production of his new album. Arash wants to produce himself, while Kamyar wants to do a joint-production effort. His album will be marketed more in the American and European markets, than in the Iranian market. His album will have a lot of R&B, funk, and pop songs and, as you all know, his voice is tailored to do those songs. His album will be coming out in August (hopefully), but nothing is guaranteed.

Kamyar has also given me the low down on a LOT of Persian artists (i.e. Afshin, Amir Ali,Arash, Sousan Roshan and many others)...a LOT of juicy info about them; stuff that will make your jaw drop, in some cases.... PM me if you want to know. I do not think it would be wise on my part to post them in a public forum. haha

if you guys want to know anything about the Black Cats (and the new memembers what will replace kamyar....this is actually really interesting), Kamyar, or anyone other Persian artist, let me know and I'll be glad to let you know.

Kamyar is a skilled singer with a strong voice, however his voice is a bit hard to work with in a mainstream market, in particular the Persian one, since its quality and calibre doesnt match the conventional genres! its bigger than them! Hopefully we'll hear him in more suitable settings than the Black Cats!

Kamyar is a skilled singer with a strong voice, however his voice is a bit hard to work with in a mainstream market, in particular the Persian one, since its quality and calibre doesnt match the conventional genres! its bigger than them! Hopefully we'll hear him in more suitable settings than the Black Cats!

You're def right. His solo album is going to be ridiculous. With Arash producing, you know it's going to go big. It's going to be marketed to the extreme in Europe and then hopefully in the US. Only two songs on the album will be in Persian and the Rest will be in English and French. There will also be an arabic song on the album, written by Hakim, the reknowned guitarist and one of his best friends.

On a side note, Kamyar's replacement(s) on the Black Cats may surprise you. There are some rumblings that two women will replace Kamyar; one will be a half black/half white Abadani (Kamyar said that she has been in a few videos already possibly as a model, but I'm not sure which) and another Iranian girl. They're supposed to be VERY good

Actually I dont put the same stock in Arash's production and its compatibility with Kamyar's voice as you do but nonetheless it will be interesting.

Barekallah bro, very well put!

I admire your deft analysis of music industry! bravo!!!

Kamyar is indeed a very skillful and talented vocalist, however his vocal ability and style limits him to R&B and somewhat Jazz/Rock. He's got one of the best controlled ornamnetations in Persian music industry, having incorporated the western music Ornaments with the Persian flavor, however the hardcore R&B touch often over powers the Persian influenced ornaments and style of singing, and unfortunately this causes somewhat a big dislike within the Persian hardcore audience abroad who indeed choose to listen to Persian music to remind them and their kids whom were born abroad of their roots and background. Kamyar need to realize that his effective market target is extremely limited and somehow narrow-minded (Taking into account that LA based music cannot be legally published and sold in Iran), therefore he has 2 options: 1) Kiss the Persian market good bye, and proceed with his Cross over dreams which quite honestly I highly doubt he can make it. 2) Just simply stick with the local Khaltoor and private parties (Which BTW currently him and Black Cats are doing very well in them having 6-8 parties a month while making some decent income).

You see the term 'Pop Music' comes from Popular music, which means a music that is comprehended and easily digested by the very normal and unsophisticated people, nobody needs to understand the words, or even the complexity of music harmony or philosophy, you listen to the music itself and conveniently enjoy the melodic music, very repetitive and easy to memorize Again I emphesize: Easy to memorize music parts, particularly the Chorus, you don't need to listen to it 20 times before the song sticks in your head. What kamyar does in Persian music is a little too complicated to it's audience (Persian music fans), and it will not be welcomed by many listeners in the near coming years.

My 2 cents...

On a side note, Kamyar's replacement(s) on the Black Cats may surprise you. There are some rumblings that two women will replace Kamyar; one will be a half black/half white Abadani (Kamyar said that she has been in a few videos already possibly as a model, but I'm not sure which) and another Iranian girl. They're supposed to be VERY good

Wrong!

it will be a male duet, One is a local guy "Edris" and the other is another guy who has recently moved from Europe to LA who apparently is the better singer than the local guy.

Good luck to them all.

LOL, what I meant by using that term was mainly in reference to musical knowledge, however on a wider range it might as well include less sophisticated people in general (in other words less intellectual type).

Are you Sophisticated BTW? :haha:

Guest triple555

:giggle: I'm unsophisticated as it gets! :p

i see what you mean now!

however, in my opinion, i didn't think sophistication should be associated with the type of audience you're targeting.

and kamyar has this weird uncontrolled "kesh" in his voice when he sings in persian.

I really like Kamyar's voice. I think he is by far my most liked Black Cats singer. He has the kind of voice that attracts you and makes you want to listen to him all day long. He just needs to find the right type of music to compliment his voice :)

Good luck to him! I'm looking forward to his new album!

Recently, I have had the pleasure of meeting Kamyar from the Black Cats; we've become friends and "business partners" of sorts. I have agreed to help him in the marketing of his new solo album, as well as, possibly in critiquing his next album. His contract with the Black Cats is up in about a month or two and he is now working on his new album (which will be in English, French, Persian and Arabic). He has been in talks with Arash about the production of his new album. Arash wants to produce himself, while Kamyar wants to do a joint-production effort. His album will be marketed more in the American and European markets, than in the Iranian market. His album will have a lot of R&B, funk, and pop songs and, as you all know, his voice is tailored to do those songs. His album will be coming out in August (hopefully), but nothing is guaranteed.

Kamyar has also given me the low down on a LOT of Persian artists (i.e. Afshin, Amir Ali,Arash, Sousan Roshan and many others)...a LOT of juicy info about them; stuff that will make your jaw drop, in some cases.... PM me if you want to know. I do not think it would be wise on my part to post them in a public forum. haha

if you guys want to know anything about the Black Cats (and the new memembers what will replace kamyar....this is actually really interesting), Kamyar, or anyone other Persian artist, let me know and I'll be glad to let you know.

I came across this forum by an accident, researching about Kamyar from Black Cats. I am extremely close to Kamyar and this is why I have to reply to this ridiculous post! This guy spoke to Kamy few times and sent him few messages suggesting that his promotes on some website etc. Honestly, nothing that would be beneficiary to Kamyar but that fine this guy is trying at least right??!

Kevon, this doesn't make you his business partner!!!

Don't use his name to promote yourself please!!! OH MY GOD THE LINE ABOUT CRITIQUING HIS NEW ALBUM HAS TO BE THE MOST FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ! DO you know who are you talking about here??? Guys, Kamyar is working with respected musicians and producers like Erik Kirkland from Portrait, Michael Bloom who produced Whitney Houston and may many other famous musicians! I can guarantee you that Kamy will not just give someone random to listen to his new album and CRITIQUE IT!

Your whole post is ridiculous Kevon! You are using someone's name to make yourself look important or whatever is that you are trying to do! Kamy read this and was really surprised when he read this!

SECOND-wow you really are a joke! Kamy has to be the sweetest, most down to earth guy in the whole Persian industry! Where and how did you get the idea to write that he gave you juicy details about singers like Afish etc???? WHO ARE YOU TO BASH AND DIRTY SOMEONE'S NAME LIKE THAT?

Kamy is friends with all these people and would never ever talk about someone! This is why people love him, he is kind, respectful and very very honest!

OK, next thing! KAMY IS NOT WORKING WITH ARASH_NYLA PRODUCTION IN ANY WAY!!!!! People are fighting to sign him up and produce his album

His album is R&B with the touch of middle eastern sounds! ITS AMAZING! You guys will love love it!!!

Kamy had his last performance with Black Cats last weekend and it was very emotional for all members and new members of Black Cats! Kamy is their idol and they look up to him very much! There is nothing interesteing that you need to share with anyone about them! Kamy is very happy for them and wishes them nothing but success!

As Shahbal said last weekend Kamy is not leaving the band, he is expanding and Black Cats will always be his family! You guys will see them preform together again very soon! :)

I had to get this out because this post is just really makes no sense and please delete it!

I came across this forum by an accident, researching about Kamyar from Black Cats. I am extremely close to Kamyar and this is why I have to reply to this ridiculous post! This guy spoke to Kamy few times and sent him few messages suggesting that his promotes on some website etc. Honestly, nothing that would be beneficiary to Kamyar but that fine this guy is trying at least right??!

Kevon, this doesn't make you his business partner!!!

Don't use his name to promote yourself please!!! OH MY GOD THE LINE ABOUT CRITIQUING HIS NEW ALBUM HAS TO BE THE MOST FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ! DO you know who are you talking about here??? Guys, Kamyar is working with respected musicians and producers like Erik Kirkland from Portrait, Michael Bloom who produced Whitney Houston and may many other famous musicians! I can guarantee you that Kamy will not just give someone random to listen to his new album and CRITIQUE IT!

Your whole post is ridiculous Kevon! You are using someone's name to make yourself look important or whatever is that you are trying to do! Kamy read this and was really surprised when he read this!

SECOND-wow you really are a joke! Kamy has to be the sweetest, most down to earth guy in the whole Persian industry! Where and how did you get the idea to write that he gave you juicy details about singers like Afish etc???? WHO ARE YOU TO BASH AND DIRTY SOMEONE'S NAME LIKE THAT?

Kamy is friends with all these people and would never ever talk about someone! This is why people love him, he is kind, respectful and very very honest!

OK, next thing! KAMY IS NOT WORKING WITH ARASH_NYLA PRODUCTION IN ANY WAY!!!!! People are fighting to sign him up and produce his album

His album is R&B with the touch of middle eastern sounds! ITS AMAZING! You guys will love love it!!!

Kamy had his last performance with Black Cats last weekend and it was very emotional for all members and new members of Black Cats! Kamy is their idol and they look up to him very much! There is nothing interesteing that you need to share with anyone about them! Kamy is very happy for them and wishes them nothing but success!

As Shahbal said last weekend Kamy is not leaving the band, he is expanding and Black Cats will always be his family! You guys will see them preform together again very soon! :)

I had to get this out because this post is just really makes no sense and please delete it!

Dude, first of all, I wrote this after I met him at a concert. He gave me permissino to try to promote his solo career and such on the forums b/c he wanted as much publicity for his solo ablum as possible (that's why i said "OF SORTS"..meaning NOT OFFICAL and NOT ACTUALLY). I never said he said anything bad about anybody, i Just said that he, and some pple in the black cats, were just cherto o perting about some artists during an after concert dinner in DC...nothing bad. He told me himself he likes everybody. AT the time, HE TOLD ME, THAT ARASH WAS TRYING TO SIGN HIM AND TO PRODUCE HIS ALUM, but Kamy said he wanted to produce some of it himself. Kamy himself told me (in march) taht his contract with BC was up and that he was going ot expand on his solo career. Maybe it has changed NOW, but at the time that waas my impression. Kamy is the best singer in the business..that's why I keep speaking highly of him throughout this forum, even when otehrs bring him down (for his voice, et al). and I am not "promoting" myself in any way because I have NO business interests in the Iranian Music Scene..I was just trying to do him some service by trying ot promote him because I feel taht he is one of the only singers with ANY TALENT in the music scene (my words, not his). Keep on searching throughout the bia2 forums and find every post I made about him..NOTHING WAS NEGATIVE and every post was made with theintention of promoting him and his musical prowess. Most of my posts were posted in response to someone bashing him in some way/shape/ or form.

Edited by Tork-e-Shirazi