Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

***L O S T***

Hehe, i think you are on your own there pourya jan. To be perfectly honest, such a scenario would ruin the entire show for me. Not because i have issue with the story per se, but with Walt. I find his character (actor) utterly uncompelling. Now if such a scenraio would be realised with a different character i would be in awe of it.

Walt is/was just another Lostie off the plane and was allowed to leave the island. For that reason i cant comprehend such a pivotal role for his character despite his possible unparalleled powers. In fact if this did materialise i would consider boycotting the whole show lol. If such a power was allocated for someone like CHristian then like i say, i would relish it :D

hahahahahahahaha! :)) I think my Walt is more likely to be in that sub-room than your Christian Pedram jan, though nothing is impossible! :haha: But seriously, nothing so far in this season has got me going than the possibility of Walt back in his pivotal role as discussed in early podcasts! I crave an epic showdown of wonders! :punk:

lol Ahmad what are you on about my friend? :haha:

if by that you mean that I somehow missed them taking out the dizzy Des from the subs and missed the implication that it in fact was him that Charles was talking about when he said to Jin wait to see "who", then no my friend! That is not my interpretation! My interpretation is that Des was on the subs however its not the person Charles is referring to! That concealed and contained person in my prediction is Walt! However that scene with Seed surfacing seeing Des was to throw us off, while I predict that he in fact will continue his mission given by MiB and climb in the sub to see who that is!

and if you somehow have discovered a third possibility to the content then by all means, I'm all ears!lol :brows:

LOOOL :)) are you kidding pourya ???

And I AM THE ONE watching some other show ? :))

lol

in your own words: Enjoy that show ur watching lol

lol Ahmad my friend, what are you on about again? :haha:

You know what, right now I feel that I no longer watch the show that I have watched all along, but rather now I happen to watch the same show that you watch!lol :))) because the Lost I have been watching was never about the obvious, but this Lost is apparently about exactly that! Things are now exactly what they look like to be! But hey, I still have hope about Walt or someone else with multi super natural powers being hidden in the sub! Even though very unlikely now!lol :haha:

anyway, lets get to business! my questions for this ep:

- How can it be that the bomb has changed not only post-plane paths but basically things have changed for many people way back to their past! so how comes that even though the island has never been visited by any man Charles and Eloise have met and got Daniel!?!!!

- most important question, how comes that Eloise is the only soul that can be fully aware of past, future and presence anywhere where Des meets her yet she is completely clueless on the island!?????!!! when we watch her in Des past or in the alternate reality she doesnt have flashes like others, she is fully aware of all realities and schemes!!!!!!!

There are so much anachronism in this mess like Des' "Brother" but I think we are way past such details now! I just hope with 5 more eps this will wrap up adequately!

Guys, that happened to be one of my favourite EVER episodes. So rich in dialogue, detail and emotion. It's almost with Des' reappearance i now know what was missing with the show for me. His character brings something very special to the series. I have to tell you some of the dialogue sent shivers down my spine as there were some very clever analogies and metaphors used that i think have a pertinence to the overall plot. It almost made me forgive them for some of the inconsistencies that you mentioned pourya jan.

I cant say that I enjoyed any of the dialogs Pedram jan, had a hard time get through them as I found them rather chewy and irrelevant! Worst it got when Daniel popped up and delivered that mushy part about love and his Charlotte!lol I am glad that Des is back since he has always been one of my fave characters and that they follow up his ability to travel! But I wish they hadnt screwed up the whole constant/variable logic like this! It will be interesting how exactly his tolerance for electro-m radation will prevent it all from happening!

I don't know pourya jan, i saw a concerted effort in this episodes dialogue to divulge hints and some food for thought. With regards to Des, i'm not sure whether his unique circumstances are owed to science or something else. What exactly is his purpose in all of this, is it purely accidental or his he part of Jacobs plan?

I remember in S4 i was really not partial to Daniels character in the slightest, now i cant help but hope this latest appearance was not merely a cameo. It was a little cheesy, but i did like his scene this episode.

Btw, has Jack now featured in all the losties flash-sideways?!

Pourya jan, are you still holding out for Walts return? Has he been confirmed for this season? I was sad to read that Mr Eko is one of the few characters that will not be returning :(

Edited by Omega

I remember in S4 i was really not partial to Daniels character in the slightest, now i cant help but hope this latest appearance was not merely a cameo. It was a little cheesy, but i did like his scene this episode.

Isnt it funny how life works, I was an am exactly the opposite of you in regards to Daniel! :D I even wished he was Jacob back then, in this episode he made me wishing his character was never born!lol :haha: Mainly because his diversion from the rest and explanation were the most extreme and ridiculous in my opinion! I could somehow accept the near death links to the other reality but not the whole Fringe style crossover and romantic fairytale Daniel painted without even a clue about what he was talking about!

Pedram jan, I too am sorry that Ecko wont be back! However we still dont know, it seems like much of the cameos are just accidental and unplanned, in case the actor is approached or in good mood at that moment! Like Fisher Stevens today whose story arc was supposed to be longer but he was killed off even though brought to set for filming! He was so pissed back then but now back! They might bring Ecko back, just might not for something important!

The reason why you dont share my expectation when it comes to Walt is in my opinion because you started watching the show when he had left the loop! While during 1st season it was all built around him, the polar bears were supposed to be there due to him imagining them there from the comic-book! something which was later retconned via the lost experience! Walt wasnt just another lostie, he was the most special and gifted! They still promised that he would keep his key role in podcasts, making that mobisode and creating the 3 years fast forward to future in order to make his return possible! since the actor had grown and it had to be explained, as said in podcasts! He appeared and revived Locke, also said that he saw him threatened by men with guns (which was smokie actually!)! So Walt's story arc was like Daniel's, bigger than what it became, but still there is room for his reappearance! if not in the good camp then in the smokie camp! he has the ability to pull off stunts that are needed, not just Hurley talking to dead Jacob! the same goes for Aaron, his importance must be approached as well, some way!

Your probably right pourya, i did join the show late, though nonetheless i started from the beginning. From the offset we were led to believe Walt had a special role, i mean "the others" kidnapped him back then and we still don't know exactly why?! I remember some of his scenes with Locke too that the dialogue alluded to a role beyond of a normal Lostie. Actually, when we look at Lockes position now and refer back to his relationship with Walt, it makes more sense that Walt should reemerge with an allegiance with Smokie than Jacob. I can't help but feel the actors aging has something to do with the unlikeliness of his character playing any part this season, i mean how do you account for that? Wouldn't surprise me if they introduced the whole time travel theme just to retcon for it!!!

Again though, i'll reiterate, i hope Walt does not return. The actor is totally unengaging for me, and it kinda reverts back rather than addressing the evolution of the show. My take is that Walt was just another Lostie, utilised by either side, similar to what we've seen of any other character. i mean yea he has reappeared conveying messages, but so has even Shannon/Anna Lucia in the past!!

Mr. Eko engaged me as a character, someone of different mould and moral fibre. Embodying the religious conotations of the series, whilst also providing a credible and engaging backstory. It's a crying shame the actor objected to being cast for the remaining seasons. I just can't understand why, he was cast in Oz for many seasons with a much less interesting role.

Btw, the castings for the finale have now been leaked, i've purposely tried to avoid them as i'm sure they will SPOIL it. They may answer some of these questions though lol....

I can't help but feel the actors aging has something to do with the unlikeliness of his character playing any part this season, i mean how do you account for that? Wouldn't surprise me if they introduced the whole time travel theme just to retcon for it!!!

that is exactly what I was trying to say Pedram jan, the time travel was brought in to set up for the return of an older Walt according to producers in their podcast! They had to explain the fact that he looked older, thats why the crash in 2004 was fast-forwarded to today! Sawyer and co spent these years in Dharmavillve while Jack and the Oceanic six in US! So the Walt Locke met in wheelchair is in no way in conflict with the timeline as far as appearance goes! In fact the show was pushed forward to match his appearance! having said that he might not be brought back or explained, just like many other lose ends, however it was all planned for his return! so was Michael's sacrifice! that mobisode shows how important he is to Jacob, then again the whole Jacob story was twisted upside down so we do not know! I just hope they somehow both explain Walt and Aaron, to me they are more important lose ends than how the blackrock was waved into the middle of an island!lol

We all have our most wanteds, mine is Walt, yours is Christian and Ahmad's is Bernard and Rose! :haha:

Like I said I liked Ecko, but being dead I can't see any sensible role he could play if returned, I mean watching dead Charlie this season is pain in the ass alone!lol

but honestly, of all possible conclusions that you could have imagined for the last season of lost is where this is heading anywhere close? I was super cynical before it started now I can't say anything has happened to change my mind! I personally could have thought out 1001 other scenarios with better twists! All episodes should have been of the ep 9 calibre this season, so the fact that 90% of 16 episodes is killing time is unforgivable! There should have been more action, more twists inside twists! They said it would be similar to s1! now could it be more far from that season's brilliant pace and narration?

lol Ahmad my friend, what are you on about again? :haha:

You know what, right now I feel that I no longer watch the show that I have watched all along, but rather now I happen to watch the same show that you watch!lol :))) because the Lost I have been watching was never about the obvious, but this Lost is apparently about exactly that! Things are now exactly what they look like to be! But hey, I still have hope about Walt or someone else with multi super natural powers being hidden in the sub! Even though very unlikely now!lol :haha:

anyway, lets get to business! my questions for this ep:

- How can it be that the bomb has changed not only post-plane paths but basically things have changed for many people way back to their past! so how comes that even though the island has never been visited by any man Charles and Eloise have met and got Daniel!?!!!

- most important question, how comes that Eloise is the only soul that can be fully aware of past, future and presence anywhere where Des meets her yet she is completely clueless on the island!?????!!! when we watch her in Des past or in the alternate reality she doesnt have flashes like others, she is fully aware of all realities and schemes!!!!!!!

There are so much anachronism in this mess like Des' "Brother" but I think we are way past such details now! I just hope with 5 more eps this will wrap up adequately!

are dige hala ke kam avordi say it's the shows fault :))

and I like pedram liked the last episode! it wasn't the best! but it was good, cheesy at some points but still.

the best part of it is that des is back! :D

No no no! first YOURS and then the show's fault! Az bass show eshtebahi didi inam akharesh eshtebah shod!lol :haha:

You're spot on pourya jan. Never did i imagine that this seasons agenda would be as it is. Then again, with this show i never expected it to address any agenda i expected!! That being said, i am dissapointed that so much of this season has been wasted with side-stories and on-island issues that bring nothing new or appealing to the table. I am however, starting to see a vast change in pace and direction in these latest episodes, something that is encouraging. I still don't know exactly how i want this concluded and the conclusion is something that i won't measure instantly but rather something i'll digest overtime. Like Sopranos is a classic example, what started off as disappointment, i now regard as perfect!!

The beauty of it all is that the nature of the show will demand that we re-watch the entire series to determine how effective it is and reconcile anomolies and measure details. It is an aspect i am relishing.

I agree with you on Charlies return, it seems determined only by the cool cameo factor. Ironically, he is one of the characters who was concluded best and killed-off in an entirely plausible and effective way. Why ruin it with an unnecessary reprisal?!? I have to say though, i did enjoy how they wove his final scene into the underwater season this episode, it was quite brilliant.

Btw, what do you make of Des' mental state after the experiment, has it changed his allegiance? It seems odd how he chose the path of temptation in his side-story despite Elle's warning not too and then wakes up with a new focus.

I must say that unlike you the Soprano finale was for me an instant success and a conclusion which surpassed all my own theories! In Lost case its train left my final station in s5 finale, needless to say without me on board! :haha:

If you think that anything in the world can have me rewatching this season again you are WRONG sir!!!!!!!!lol :punishing_wft: :haha:

If anything the Charlie hand scene worked well in this episode! I wisg they had kinda built around these associative scenes rather than having Daniel delivering that hippie crap!lol :))

My impression is that this episode was forced and inconsistent on many levels, it wasnt fully thought through! they squeezed many development in a single ep, while wasting many eps before that! I could have seen Des' change of mind if this had been followed up in several eps! Where he travelled back and forth so much that he would become as stable and aware as Eloise seems to be! She is constant throughout time! That is even more strange! couldn't she take on the challenge?lol SO my guess is that now Des will be going back and forth in time to retcon like Jacob does? Eh, I think we are now overestimating them again ... I bet just like the way the spoiled the sub surprise by showing Des his presence will be merely symbolic!

What i need to see, and mainly why I need Walt for that, is an Armageddon unleashed for at least 4 eps! I want things to accelerate and culminate with new catalysts! I dont wanna see smokie and crew get on the plane just to be taken down by Des pushing a button!lol I need epic scenes! Two super powers in showdown! I mean it might mean the end of the world, so they better make it look like that!lol I fear that it might not happen ...

Haha, pourya jan, i'm sad to hear that you have come this far not to be able to rewatch the series with the concluded context in mind. Maybe you'll change your mind come the end ;)

I too hope for something epic and monumental for the conclusion, given the scale of repurcussions warned thus far (ie. the end of the world). What worries me most about something of this magnitude is the shows dwindling budget!! We've seen how cheap & unrealistic scenes of even the temple have been so far. I just hope this can be explained with the budget saved for a massive finale. I predict though that this battle will culminate sometime prior to the last scene. I want something completely shocking for that final scene, something CGI-free that will evoke the "wow factor" that's been missing for so long.

lol somehow with all he obvious CGI use this season, the island under water scene and the black rock scene, I can sense that one of those kinds are planned for the epic scene of the finale!

I was just thinking, if I was responsible for this show and did NOT have any conclusion ready from the start which they apparently didnt and made things up along the way, I would have started a competition for the hardcore fans of the show to write their preferred last season scenarios with all they had in hand so far, the best way they could and among those I'd pick the best possible! I can understand that the low budget puts limits to effects and such but this season is suffering severely from flow, plot holes bad writing and dialogues! Who needs to pay a team of writers while I am sure that 100s of equally capable and passionate fans out there can do a better job at keep all ends and facts together while tie them up epically! I have seen this being done in movies with alternate endings and in games! If I was the executive for Lost I would have done that! No doubt! Right now they are doing the worst with the least!

lol, that could work. Who knows, they well have stole something from the many forums (even here hehe). I think there remains an element of denial with the writers, almost an arrogance that they believe they are capable of some how digging themselves out of a hole.

Have you been following the podcasts this season?

Not at all, neither motivated nor interested to be honest! Like I said I used to love them since I trusted the writers in giving me, though little, but 100% truth about the show! now that trust is no longer so in retrospect I would have been better off without those misleading me!

Actually I just got tempted to go and dig among the spoilers to see if the conclusion is exposed! Its not like I would be missing out on the thrill of my life if I got the finale spoiled!lol so if you got any good spoilers pedram jan just tag them here for me! :D

Hehe, well before the Richard ep, i was of exactly the same thought. I imagined i would not be spoiling much. Now however, the show is starting to reveal some nice themes that i don't want to spoil so i've resisted the urge to check thus far. I know now that the finale has been filmed and that the casting for it is available. I also know the title of it...

"The End"

I'm not quite sure what possessed them to pick such an obvious title! There has also been rumour (sometime ago) that

Daniel is to return to the island!! I'm not sure how accurate that is as i read this quite sometime ago. Some people ridiculed it suggesting that if hes dead, hes dead. We do know though that he has been time-travelling so it is entirely plausible that he could be visiting from the past!

lol

I think the title refers to s5 dialogue "it ends only once .."! so this will end apparently thereby! again as much as I like Daniel and his timetravels which were supposed ta happen last season I cant say I like the idea of having him looking like Jesus with that hair and beard.... Oh my God!!!!! I just saw the biblical parallels!!!!! Sacrifice of the father, the son, resurrected, messiah, judgement day, the resurrection of the dead ...the Antichrist!!! :sc :haha:

lol, i actually predicted some sort of epic confrontation and subsequent resolution (presumably defeating smokie/) then for the bomb to detonate as the final scene.

Btw, the next episode is Hurley centric and i remember seeing a spoiler about this ep sometime ago :brows: again though, so many of these spoilers have been so wrong!!!

loool :))) I must say, i'm very surprised we have witnessed hardly any killing offs this season so far! Have you taken a look at the Lostpedia spoiler forums at all?

lol no I haven't and after having heard about these I can understand why!!looool Anyway you turn and twist the remains of this shows, whether the cast or plot-possibility, there isnt any room whatsoever for a thrill! I mean couple of hours left to the finale and we have to endure a *beep* centric show!!!lol Now that someone that should have been killed off last season!lol As far as I'm concerned he can be the last man standing! :damn: :haha:

Hurley happens to be my least favourite character on the show, he is purely there for the comedic edge, which lets face it is now painfully predictable and one dimensional. there's only so many times one can endure 1d sarcasm and the word "dude". I wish they had killed him off in s1! A classic example is with Richards episode, otherwise perfect, they decided to use HUrley as some sort of conveyor for Jacob. It almost ruined the poignancy of the entire episode!! lol