Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

***L O S T***

there have been both actually however he was the only one asking me this particular q! hehe, he happened to be a singer! :D

which singer ?:))

and that doesnt count as a spioler! thats a season 6 tizer isnt it ? i mean that far is ok! i was abit dissapointed to find out before time that they're

still on the island

but atleast i dont know where the whole season is going :p

well he is to send me some material so we'll see how he sounds! :D

lol thats not a teaser ahmad! thats a leaked scene, aka spoiler! :haha: ahmad the thing you were disappointed in, dont be too sure about it ... :;):

Guess 80 min of what I just watched? :brows:

got one monster theory confirmed! :D

btw what a screw up by the prop department for showing an IRI passport as Iraqi! :haha:

Wasn't it supposed to be a 2 hour episode ?

Yes, and it was Ahmaad. The 80 mins is pure footage. The 2 hours includes commercial breaks.

yeah i know! expect they put it in two parts!

i found part two but its too big!

just saw the first hour! which is the 42mins...

Don't really know how i feel about it! have to watch it again... i can tell u that they're planing on confusing us again. Unless u guys know something i dont from the spoilers!

lol Ahmad, the confusing game is the spoiler! :haha: its gonna be like that 1/3 of the way!

Pedram jan, not really, it wasnt a bit impressive to be honest! It had more irritating moments than any other episode I can member! the wardrobe and make up continuity was screwed up! few of them look like the first episode when recreating it! very clumsy execution! not to mention some overacting! the narration and dramaturgy is getting as hectic as it got early s5 when the time travel kicked off! it feels fast and forced!

also this is something I have felt lately, why do they present the "others" so undramatically?!! I mean the whole 1st season they built an air of mystery when showing them but the latest seasons whenever they show the others its like a role playing game convention! they look like a bunch of hippies running around in park! no dirt, no darkness, no music that makes it epic! like it was when they first time met them in jungle or on the boat! all the time you asked yourself, wow, who are these people who seem so mysterious? what is behind that ancient looking wall? now I am sorry that I found out!lol very disappointing!

Well i have to say i'm not holding out for much this episode. Even our Ahmaad doesn't seem enthusiastic about this one hehe.

Pourya jan, couldn't agree with you more with regards to "the others". I remember that final scene of Season 2 and the air of mystery and enigma left shivers down my spine. The mystery now seems to have taken on a new dynamic that at the moment presents itself in a far less satisfying way. I hope they can rekindle it at the conclusion.

Pourya, although you were unimpressed, do you feel that the new direction could work out in the show's favour come the last two thirds? Or is it something that will just alienate it further?

Lets just say that the disappointment was extended to the last frontier of hope which was the actual temple! Because now we see the other others as well, which you'll see that just doesnt add up!

The narration presents alternate realities and I fear the fact that they by really mean that both realities exists simultaneously! Not what could be! And that would be a mess hard to clean up! I liked one thing about this and that is the twist presented for the man in black which completely changes our understanding of who he is and why he is where he is! If anything his story will be fascinating to explore! The rest is just BS, you should see the solution for that guitar case which made me almost feel that my joke about charlie playing it for the deads was true!lol would have been much cooler! the show is looking cheaper in production quality, they intend to make it bigger but their budget wont allow so they take to measures that really doesnt meet the standard set prior to this! Bad CGI is one issue! lame prop and decor is another, pay attention to the hieroglyphs that are shown in this episode! Its like some people have done their own youtube version of lost!

Oh dear, this doesn't sound good. i'm surprised that the production quality appears visibly cheaper. The last season had probably the best yet, in my opinion. Not very often a show's quality detiorates as the seasons go on, usually the other way around!! Very dissapointing to hear!

I have to say, i had read a couple of spoilers on this introduction of "alternate reality", i have mixed thoughts about it, that will bare no relevance at all until i've actually sampled it for myself. BUT, if it's introduced as a completely new theme then it could be disastrous much in the way the time travel theory was. However, if it is brought in to shed light and explanation to existing themes then it could well work.

Do you see this going the way of the time-travel (ie. head-first into a pile s**T) ?

That's why I am eager to see how you will see the CGI when watching in HD pedram jan! there is a certain scene which depicts the island in 100% CGI and on my monitor it looked rather cheap! also the smoke is looking more "outstanding" in my opinion! but it might be me just nitpicking, that's why I like to know how you see it all!

there was something said by a character in this one which kinda confirmed that the other "never happened" scenario is an actual reality! My interpretation was that they changed the original timeline for their past selves but these suckers are f¨d up and lost in time anyway! much like the timetravel mess! which would mean an outcome that they never come here but those who already are will have an end by s6 finale! also there is a retcon regarding a group of people which I'm interested to see if you pick up on!

I just saw the second hour! and WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ???

don't get me wrong ! i liked it... i mean it was very intense and all but im even more confused now.

dead was dead!! who are these new people ?

pourya did u understand all that ? no spoilers plz :p

what did u mean by retcon ?

Edited by Ahmaad

retcon is a term used to explain that in some ongoing stories and series they afterwards change the original story and in order for it to work they come up with explanation in the story which sometimes clashes with the original details! Those you mentioned are exactly that! If you recall ...

the stewardess and the children were taken by Ben and crew and lived with Ben and his crew! You could see them in season 3 in Ben's camp coming and greeting jack when he was captured! Yadete? now they are with new people! alright, originally the others were supposed to be one big group! it was the children of survivors of black rock and later on Ben and those dharmas who joined them! So it was supposed to be one group! But later on the writers came up to separate them, those who lived in dharmaville were those brought to island later and the new group which is the remains of black rock slaves! originally ben was supposed to be leader for all on island (no Richard planned to enter the story) then they brought Richard in and made him the link between the people of temple and ben! it wouldnt surise me if the new people are the old slaves but dont age inside those walls! like richard! this is how I understand it! but like i said they change things all the time so you never know!

this is reconning!

they've actually mentioned it on lostpedia:

" Sayid

* Original timeline: Was from Iraq, and presumably had an Iraqi passport.

* Flash-sideways timeline: Held an Iranian passport. "

Edited by Ahmaad

just heard the podcast! did u pourya ??

you think desmond wasn't really there ? he was seen only by jack!

and also read the trivia here: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/LA_X,_Parts_1_%26_2

specially the one about the address on jack's car ! LOOL

who found that out ? I mean who goes through all that trouble lol! very hard work

And i agree with you about the girl on the plane which appeared to be in the temple now! That was the first thing i thought about but as u said they could say anything now.

although they do appear to be in contact.. u think the MIB meant he wanted to go back to the temple when he said he wants to go home ? and if so wasn't he under it just a couple of days ago when ben went there to be judged ?

looks like we're not the only ones being confused :)) i've been hearing it everywhere lately even David Letterman made fun of it lol

Edited by Ahmaad

lol Ahmad I wrote that as a reply to the first post you did about the podcast and I hadn't heard it, then you edited and wrote more in the spoiler tags about my comment on retcon! that I saw now! To be honest I dont know what you mean about the car since I no longer read such stuff since its no longer fun to analyse or speculate about this show on deeper level for me! Lost is no longer a puzzle to be solved for me! like I said a puzzle that keeps changing motif is not a puzzle so I pass! and for the first time I am not even tempted to listen to podcasts! My problem started there first place, all the lies and BS the podcasts fed me I would have enjoyed the show better without! My friends who have no idea about all the behind the scene stuff watch lost and enjoy it ignorantly, I however suffer through it now!lol

so ur trying to ruin it for the rest of us ? lol jk

ur problem is that ur expectations are set too high! i mean they're not gods or anything they're writers and ofcourse they have done mistakes and it isn't what it used to be for me either. but they're doing their best and after i watched the premier again and understood it this time i appreciated it better!

I'm gonna give it a chance as this was just the premier. and I hope by the end of the season i'll be satisfied with it and love the show even more.

I agree with u on the podcasts and all! I never used to listen to them or know anything about behind the scenes or whatever befroe the last season. as I watched the whole season at once like I've told u before. But this wasn't bad either.

I understand its hard for you to understand this Ahmad, and I don't expect you to either! I have no expectation whatsoever now! Before that I had not any higher expectation than what they told us to have! My expectations were based on their promises! I expected them to give us what they said that they would! They didn't! But rather the opposite! That put me off! I never expected them to be Gods! Just honest producers who would like people to watch their creation! As honest as we fans listened to them! They abused this trust! In politics we call such people "demagogues" which in Persian is avam-farib! They could just as easily shut the hell up and let people watch the series just like all other writers/producers, instead they started this whole charade of campaigns and podcasts which was just a bunch of lies and BS! They could have said its not absolute guys, we make thing along the way! But they didnt! They gave the impression and said to know exactly what they were doing and invited us to solve a puzzle by giving us pieces! not saying, hey don't take it seriously! we might change things! Oh no! it was when "khareshoon az pol gozasht" that they started confessing!

anyways, I am glad that you are enjoying the show, no problem with that, if you feel my posts ruining your mood then avoid them! Because I dont think the way its heading they're going to be brighter! hehe