Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

***L O S T***

The Last Dinner

eFTu2.jpg

Call me naive, but i still like to think that all these things are carefully calculated and we will look back at these small details with shock and fascination once the show is concluded lol.

Most probably though pourya is right and they are merely more anomalies that will have little to no significance other than to fool us hehe.

One thing has struck me from the promo pics released so far and that is Locke seems to be pivotal in almost all of them, could be a red herring but considering last seasons finale i'm sure he will feature dominantly in the main concluding plot.

To be honest I find these two images rather lame compared to the missing foot faux-clue! because it is not even symbolic since it doesnt play in details with DaVinci's last supper but rather loosely! They could have placed and posed the actors as the apostles but they haven't! Instead its like those "find flaws" images!lol Also Jacob is absent, which makes the spectrum incomplete in order to fill in the clues! Also were are Charlie and the rest of the zombies?lol Maybe they just did this shot with whoever being at the set! So basically so far the only thing I can see worth thinking about is whether Claire gets evil or Miles does! Because those are the only two who have switched place!

lol lets just say that my sentiments are exactly like the ones Ben had when he met that certain someone in the finale! Underestimated, played and betrayed by the one I trusted the most!!! hehe :D

Haha, sorry to hear pourya jan. Hopefully this season can revitalise your enthusiasm for the show. Have Swedish teelevision confirmed the Lost schedule yet?

well these images haven't done anything to promote their case really! It all smells cheap tricks! and like already said, I have lowered my expectations down to minimum and fear the worst case scenario! Now Lost, even in the best possible outcome, has already derailed from the path I once admired long ago.

No the swedish TV hasn't yet, will sky be airing right away?

So far they have confirmed only Feb, with no exact date. So at least we know the delay, if any, will not be that great. If it is anything less than 2 weeks delay then i'll wait to watch on Sky i think.

That's a very good point about Des. Well as you quite rightly pointed out, Judas is missing from the image(s)!!!! ??

lol not really pedram jan, if it was composed in accordance with the painting he would be missing but its not! so if there is a judas he is right there! Again I think the reason Des is missing is coincidental, cuz he wasnt on the set that day or he wasnt allowed near the set because that woman he had offended was working there! :haha:

Hahaha, oh yeah i totally forgot about that "incident". I was hoping for big things for Des this season. His absence from last years finale was dissapointing.

Thanks Pedram jan, gotta say its gets worse with each new interview!

and this basically says it all to me, its gonna be exactly what I did not want it to be!

"THR: Have you boiled "Lost" down to a central question that the finale needs to resolve?

Lindelof: The only question that's ever mattered to us is what is going to happen to these people. What is the character resolution? That the audience feels like the characters had an arc -- a beginning, middle and end. And I'm satisfied with that. All the crazy island mythology stuff, we love it, but it's like terrorists attacking Jack Bauer -- it's stuff that happens in order to tell cool character stories."

It means that its not about the island and for me the show has always been about the island! I tell you, the conclusion will be a nullifying of it all back to the plane where the crash never happens! or something like that! no Jacob or no mysteries will be part of the conclusion but what "happens" to these people stranded on the island! :damn:

lol sorry ahmad, I have never been a fanboy kind of guy who would be someone or something faithful unconditionally! my love and devotion for this show too was because I genuinely believed in it but I am sad to say I no longer do! I was let down! Not by low quality, but by bullshit! And I'm not the type to pretend it either, just because its something I am supposed to love! vali baz ham migam, I HOPE that I'm proved wrong and that it knocks me off my feet like it once did with its pilot! :D

I do agree with you on that one pourya jan. As i was reading the interview i thought to myself "pourya is not gonna like this" lol. For me too, the central element is the mystique of the island. Did you notice the references to the sopranos ending hehe.

I do understand you're argument pourya, i really hope this season works for you too because i'm looking forward to us all sharing our thoughts and expectations when this starts airing.

Btw, Ahmaad, didn't you suggest earlier that you would be waiting this season and would watch the episodes all together rather than every week?

Yeah actually they have always commented that sopranos finale! in their podcast right after the sopranos finale they said that Lost wont end with a blackout! It would be betraying fans! while for me that was the the best way sopranos could have ended! it seems like they are going against everything that the show was based on originally and want to turn it into a character-driven story rather than the mystery-driven! going from macro, the grand scheme to micro, the individuals! we all have forgiven killoffs on the show for a greater good, which is the island and the higher state that is involved! now they want us to suddenly care for the fate of each survivor like in a survivor show! it just doesnt add up! Like they said Abrams haven't been part of the show lately and in my opinion its his mysteries that have gone lost in lost! since it was he who added them initially! shame!

lol yea, but they chose a "white-out" instead for the last finale! Sopranos worked because it was character based and the main concluding criteria was all about the fate of the protagonist. I completely agree with you on this one, it's all about the island and i just hope that the writers comments are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

What i did take from that interview was that i believe the time-travel was a theme introduced to prolong the series to meet network expectations. The writers clearly intended to conclude this show in less than the 6 seasons. this would certainly add up considering all the plot holes.

I've been insisting this for a few seasons now, but i hope that we see some explanation as to the significance of Christian's role and his reconcilition with Jack.

Actually pedram jan time travel was explicitly ruled out in the podacasts ever since season 1! the same with the sci-fi or pseudo-sci! Things that now they take pride in introducing! That was one of my earl disappointments really! Because in 3 seasons I had been defending them when discussing with all fans or friends who basically said that lost was made up as they went along! I claimed that its all thought through, based on the podcasts, and while they said that its about time-travel and sci-fi I said what I had been told! No there is a "scientific explanation" to all things in lost! that was what attracted me, the fact that it looked sci-fi but was said to be scientific! how could that work out I wondered? On forums we discussed what it possibly could be seen as the smoke and so on! if we had known that time-travel and actual smoke monster is part of it we would have never been puzzled by it! it would have been sci-fi, but they said that it wasnt! so I was let down and basically laughed at by all those whom I had quoted Darlton to! Also the network had them to shorten it down to 6 season because producers were to have it indefinitely longer with fillers but the ratings dropped and the network said alright we wont cancel but no more than 6 seasons! that's when they stopped with fillers and had to boil the whole thing down!

Yea that's what i meant pourya jan, the time travel theme was not part of the shows original premise, but rather a deviation as the show went on. I think those suggesting the show was made up as they went along is a little bit unfair. There are some chilling references from Season 1 that are clear hints to themes and details emerging in later seasons. We know that the writers, producers and even Fox have been fully aware of the final image of the show for some seasons, so i can only see it ending in a fitting way. I think they acknowledge they screwed up on some parts and with a show so undeniably complex perhaps it is was inevitable. Contrary to many people though, i actually want the show to have a wealth of unexplained phenomonan, i don't want a viable explanation to every mystery. That would run counter the shows essence.

By the way, Sky have just confirmed the schedule for Season 6. Starts Feb 5 @ 9 PM, only 3 days behind the states!!! :DD

I no longer believe that they didn't make things up as they went along! Why? Because they themselves have basically confessed to it! 90% of the stuff including that statue foot was just things that they placed along the way to make it look cool and it was when viewers falling away because of all the unanswered questions piling up that they tried to tie things up! They even confessed that the fact that the foot has 4 toes is based on the artist's decision, they had ordered 6 toes! Why? just to look abnormal! Now imagine the mythological follow up to those toes, in case of a 6 toed foot it wouldn't be belonging to that goddess and so on! So much of it is coincidental! They retconned it! I bet even Jacob in the cabin and the actual one! They just try to make it look planned! Its when fans put fingers in the seams that they confess! Like Daniel in Chang's video! I remember the podcast in s3 where they explained why timetravel would not be possible: because it would be like in Heroes, that people would be in same time and place with their former and future selves and that wouldn't make sense! While criticizing heroes their own Locke did the same! Even Daniel (in mama's belly)! Like you mentioned the white out, I bet the finale ends exactly the way they say it wont!lol

I guess, when you say it like that, makes me doubt whether those "people" in the background of the cabin was an added detail or an actual mistake. The thing is pourya jan, these are the same writers and producers that were able to conjure up such magical elements and have truly revolutionised the way in which to convey a story(ies). With that in mind, i am still able to muster some faith that they will conclude this exceptional series in a fitting manner, regardless of previous misgivings. I think it boils down to whether one is able to overlook these details and thing-ups for the greater picture.

Perhaps pourya jan, your opinion is expressed in secret also by the writers. Could explain why they express the desire of reverting back to formula(s) seen in S1.

Edited by Omega

Well the greater picture seems no longer be what I thought that it would be, namely the island and its mythology but rather the destiny of each survivor!!! SO with that in mind Pedram jan I dont know ...

But like I've said before somewhere deep in me there is a hope that things get acceptably tied and that makes me keep watching the show for a final season. But I honestly doubt I will re-watch it again in its entirety, considering the facts that I now know! At least not in a near future.

Hehe, well i'm sure i will re-watch after the conclusion. If only to see if it adds up with details in previous seasons! in fact i'm sure i will find a new dimension of appreciation of past seasons if it is concluded well.

I really hope they release a complete series LE BD!!