Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
pourya

***L O S T***

Just watched the season 4 premier! Really great kick off even though it raised more Qs than answering any! :p

:dance_baby_wft: Haha it was to be expected. Was it worth the wait Pourya? I was driving through the city last night and noticed the huge billboards advertising the new series with the caption "Some will be Saved", which got me wondering whether the fourth season will feature both lives on and off the island?!

It was well worth the wait! :D However it was also as the spoilers had said to be so my guess is that this season will be solely focusing on flashforwards! And we shouldnt expect many answers in these 8 episodes!

Interesting, i'm in 2 minds whether to wait until the DVD release or not to watch this first half.

Btw, a trailer has been released for the game, looks quite interesting, you can view it here.

It is supposed to be released late this month so i think i will be pre-ordering this, hopefully they'll have a ltd edition :)

Pedram jan, there is a slight chance that the show either gets cancelled or never the same if the strike is dragged out till next year! Since many lead actors might not want to return or will be busy filming other projects and that will make it hard to continue! So my advice is to catch these while they are hot from the oven as a fourth season might not come out on DVD before end of 2009!

This is the discovery Naomi in season 3 talked about, most likely a cover up by the Maxwell Group/Widmore:

Watched episode two, man this gets better and better! new intriguing characters get introduced in a perfect way!

FINALLY! The WGA strike is officially over! We will be able to watch 7 episodes of Season 4 and then there will be a five week hiatus for filming! After that we will get 6 or 7 more episodes to conclude this season! It will be a couple of episodes less than the planned 16, but according to Cuse they'll make up for it next season! I am just glad they'll be back! :dance_baby_wft:

FINALLY! The WGA strike is officially over! We will be able to watch 7 episodes of Season 4 and then there will be a five week hiatus for filming! After that we will get 6 or 7 more episodes to conclude this season! It will be a couple of episodes less than the planned 16, but according to Cuse they'll make up for it next season! I am just glad they'll be back! :dance_baby_wft:

akharesh ham beh jaei keh bayad miresidan,naresidan ! inaei keh az un posht in hollywood ro micharkhunan,kheili bahushan la massaba :D .

Great news!!!! I finally saw the first episode and was very impressed. These fast-forwards are ingenious. Once again posing more questions. I'm wondering whether this will actually see an end to the flashbacks. Less than 16 episodes is surely a cut back from the rather extensive 3rd season, but i'll take quality over quantity anyday! The only gripe i have is that Hurley is starting to become rather irritating as a character in my opinion haha!

I've now watched episode 3 and one thing thats been hinted so far is now a proved fact in the logic of the show! spoiler:

the time on and off the island are different even in real time calculation!

do you remember this? ;)

I'm glad that you've finally watched season 3 and liked it Pedram jan!

My theory on Jacob's identity (spoiler warning, highlight if you want to read)

already when I watched the man behind curtain I saw some resemblance between the silhouette of Jacob and Jacks father! the forehead, the nose! and the fact that all people are somehow linked to jack is no coincidence! the season 4 trailer which I posted few posts above somehow confirms my theory by showing jacks father sitting in Jacob's room but this time under the light and with a clean cut! but still in the same chair and in same position! a scene which Hurley looks like be witnessing!

http://images.lostpedia.com/images/a/a5/Cap08.jpg

Its funny how the writers try to prevent the script from being leaked out, when Gracia who plays Hurley shot that scene he thought that it would be him sitting in that chair while watching himself from the window, he even shot the scene that way! but that scene was only a divergence and it was first when watching the full episode that Garcia realized that he had been misled! :D

Yea i remember you said that, on watching the scene the first thing that became apparent was the resemblance between the two. I've now seen the first 2 episodes and am wondering when Jacobs significance will be revealed.

That's interesting, i know in many modern TV series they even hide and decieve the cast as to the future storylines/developments of the show(s). I gather Lost is infact written continuously as the season goes on and isn't finalised prior to filming the entire season?!

Its is in fact so, however with lost they started with it when the season 3 finale twist was spoiled! about jacob we do not know if its the man in the chair that is Jacob or the "eye"! Since even in man behind curtain its clear that the eye doesn't belong to the one in the chair!

Yea i have to say "the eye" wasn't familiar at all and it's interesting as to "it's" significance. I'm still waiting on the 3rd episode, which i hear is the best yet of the new season. The first 2 episodes although great, have focussed mainly on the route off the island, whilst leaving other subjects untouched perhaps for later in the season. So the list of questions are piling up now more than ever!

I must say that I found ep 2 better than 3, 3 although with a confusing and interesting twist at the end it had only one confirmation to add to the answers!

Its interesting to see how the eye comes into the whole thing cuz according to the producers no one has been casted for the role of Jacob yet! so whose eye is it?

episode 5 blows you away! :eek_wft: :eek_wft: :eek_wft: :eek_wft:

those who liked "flashes before your eyes" from season 3 will now have a follow up and big question answered!

Lindelof: "Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

Episode 5 was indeed greatttt!! Was excited to see Desmonds character explored more, for me he was the success of Season 3!! Pourya jan, i noticed something at the opening credits, a "Anthony Azizi" was credited. Do you know whether he is indeed Iranian and if so what was his contribution to the episode?!

I knew you'd like it Pedram jan! However this episode in it way confirmed what the fans have predicted all along but the writers denied:

The time travel of consciousness! Previously the writers have rejected that the show would have any sci-fi or pseudo-sci/paranormal elements in it! everything was to be explained scientifically! that's what made it hard for viewers! However with all the weird stuff happening it was hard to understand how this could be explained in a "realistic" way! Episode five indeed confirmed the sci-fi/paranormal touch and by that put the writers in an awkward position! Now I myself have no problem with the sci-fi explanation, however it will make things easier from now on since everything can now be anything! Like the smoke monster, before everyone was looking for a scientific explanation now we know that it could very well be a pseudo-scientific element! So this takes away the intellectual challenge from the viewers in my opinion! Nonetheless the show is just as entertaining as its always been!

Azizi plays the character Omar on the boat!

I knew you'd like it Pedram jan! However this episode in it way confirmed what the fans have predicted all along but the writers denied:

The time travel of consciousness! Previously the writers have rejected that the show would have any sci-fi or pseudo-sci/paranormal elements in it! everything was to be explained scientifically! that's what made it hard for viewers! However with all the weird stuff happening it was hard to understand how this could be explained in a "realistic" way! Episode five indeed confirmed the sci-fi/paranormal touch and by that put the writers in an awkward position! Now I myself have no problem with the sci-fi explanation, however it will make things easier from now on since everything can now be anything! Like the smoke monster, before everyone was looking for a scientific explanation now we know that it could very well be a pseudo-scientific element! So this takes away the intellectual challenge from the viewers in my opinion! Nonetheless the show is just as entertaining as its always been!

Azizi plays the character Omar on the boat!

I agree, i have no problem with the implication of an scientific explanation, i think episode 5's revelations are as profound as anything we've seen in Lost thus far. Exciting stuff!!

Nice to see some Iranian representation on the show lol :dance_baby_wft:

Btw, i have been playing the Lost computer game over the weekend, quite enjoying it, was sad to see that the voices weren't of the real actors though! Never the less, i found the game engrossing as a major fan of the show. The story is a seperate one to anything covered on the show whilst still incorporating events/characters from the first 2 seasons.

To digress slightly from topic...much kudos on the Nami review Pourya jan, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting hold of the album asap :)

You are welcome Pedram jan, did you have a good first experince with eworld?

about Azizi, yeah its cool however I would have liked it even more of the Iranian wasnt a terrorist-like mercenray!lol

Yes Pourya jan, i recieved the items in maybe just over 2 weeks. Which is acceptable for me. I have another order to place now as this year has seen some interesting releases already which i want to get my hands on, Shahryar, Pouya, Nami and soon Afshin! :) :dance_baby_wft: i also heard that Jamshids new CD is on the way too which is very promising :)

Yea it was inevitable that an Iranian would be cast in such a stereotyped role lol! I remember hearing about a few Iranian actors were cast for the 4th Season of 24 and i just knew they would be cast as the terrorists, typical! I'm waiting for a breakthrough in the industry for an Iranian actor to play the part of a superhero or some sort of action hero in the same vein as Bruce Willis hahaha, i cant see it happening though!!! lol