Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Khastegari!

:giggle:

I just found it interesting to open this thread and hear the views of fellow members about this very traditional conduct in which the male proposer visits the potential brides family at their house in order to formally make his proposal.

Is it something that you are eager about? Do you think it's a load of beep? Are you a guy and think that females should be coming to your house? Do you think it's more exciting to just meet someone, marry them and let everyone else no after like a year? LOL!

What do you think?

P.S. Sorry about my ommol orientated threads recently :haha:

Calling Beloved Admin, I just accidently wrote Kastegari instead of Khastegari. Chamge it please, thanks in advance! :air_kiss_wft:

Guest triple555

I've only seen khastegariz happen in films and it was always some kind of comical experience which i found to be funny!

however.. on a serious note... i like it as the traditional element with all the practices that are behind it but don't

think of it as an ideal way of proposal ... its not so much of a personal experience but rather a deal making experiance when it comes to khastegari that i don' like

I've only seen khastegariz happen in films and it was always some kind of comical experience which i found to be funny!

however.. on a serious note... i like it as the traditional element with all the practices that are behind it but don't

think of it as an ideal way of proposal ... its not so much of a personal experience but rather a deal making experiance when it comes to khastegari that i don' like

Hala ajaleh nakon,miaeim khunatun ba keano pourya va baghieh khastegari bazi mikonim :D .

^So I'm guessing you've never had a khastegar in this way? Though maybe b/c you're too young BUT I have found generally that this whole khastegar business doesn't happen amongst Iranians living in Western countries as such, it does but very rarely. Why?

i find khastegaris hilarious, the whole thing just seems so awkward! sure in iran its one thing, but in the west i just find it weird =S

I think it is so sexy!!!

Especially when 50+ year old men get married to

26-18 year old women

I think that is my plan for when i turn 50+, i will go khastegari in the middle east and north africa.

I think it is so sexy!!!

Especially when 50+ year old men get married to

26-18 year old women

I think that is my plan for when i turn 50+, i will go khastegari in the middle east and north africa.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .Man you are good. hahahahahaha I am agree with you. hahahaha

Alan dar Iran, az bas keh mardom az goshnegi mimiran va poul nadaran,dokhtarashun ro hamintori midan beh har ki poul dashteh basheh,akhund dozd ta doctor.. fargh nemikoneh !!! berid dar CNN ya hamin GOOGLE search konid ba Farsi alfabet,mibinid cheh khabareh !!! marde 50 saleh, dokhtare 21 saleh,mardeh 58 saleh,dokhtare 24 saleh and etc ...

Pas baraye chi alan jenayat dar Iran bala rafteh ? tajavoz va 1000000000 ta kesafat karieh digeh !!!! Khoda la'anat koneh har chi akhound va nokare akhound keh intori beh ma va beh farhang va beh hameh chize ma atish zad .

I shall say that this is one part of our culture that I am quite not fond of. I mean if the mama and papa love each other and wanna spend the rest of their lives together, then who are the parents to interfere and approve or disapprove of the marriage? afterall it's the girl and the guy who are supposed to make a future together, not the parents!

I personally would let my parents know about my future wife, though would not let them judge her based on their first sight, however I will also be diplomatic by making them feel how important their take on the girl is :D, but never leave it up to them to decide for my future!

Nonetheless my parents will never object such matters (They trust their son's accuracy and intelligence in chosing the right candidate :p).

Now KMBB with these Ommol thread! :p

Guest triple555
^So I'm guessing you've never had a khastegar in this way? Though maybe b/c you're too young BUT I have found generally that this whole khastegar business doesn't happen amongst Iranians living in Western countries as such, it does but very rarely. Why?

it does happen... its just in a different format. since most of the khastegars tend to be in Iran, they just do it telephoni. and send pix over the email for the parents to view and show it to the daughter. but first they send the pix of the daughter without telling her they did so :punishing_wft:

however the khastegari you're talking about yes, it has never happen to me and i don't think it ever will :D :p :bandana: hamashoono mikosham lol j/k ya chayi rooye paashoon mirizam :giggle:

Ommol thread! :p

hahahahahaha ,,, kheili vaght bud keh in kalama ro nashnideh budam. hahahaha... bia ye mach bokonam to ro. ommoleeeeeeee... hahahaha

Iv been the vicitm of many khastegaris and i have to say i find them hilarious, and also hard work, i have had to kick a few ppl out (agar zane man beshin bayad chador saretun konin :punishing_wft: ) the majority have been quite fun.

With my fiance we had been dating a while (my parents knew) b4 they officially came to the khastegari and i couldnt stop laughing as i thought it was pointless. Its a fun tradition and it still works for a lot of people, even people who have been together for years still go for khastegari b4 getting married, i think this shows that tradition still has the last say, even in iranian society today :)

trade-ition indeed!

I have been married once but never gone to any khastegari and never will! Chera ke na man "zan gereftam" va na oon "shohar kard"! Ma yek zan va yek mard tasmim gereftim "hamsare yekdigar shavim"!

Iv been the vicitm of many khastegaris and i have to say i find them hilarious, and also hard work, i have had to kick a few ppl out (agar zane man beshin bayad chador saretun konin :punishing_wft: ) the majority have been quite fun.

With my fiance we had been dating a while (my parents knew) b4 they officially came to the khastegari and i couldnt stop laughing as i thought it was pointless. Its a fun tradition and it still works for a lot of people, even people who have been together for years still go for khastegari b4 getting married, i think this shows that tradition still has the last say, even in iranian society today :)

bah bah bahhhhhhhhhh ... ye arusi oftadam pas, han ???

ageh zan va mard ghati nist arusi,mano davat nakon azizam :D .

Yup, yup...that's how I see it!

Ommol thread! :p

hahahahahaha ,,, kheili vaght bud keh in kalama ro nashnideh budam. hahahaha... bia ye mach bokonam to ro. ommoleeeeeeee... hahahaha

I called it ommol myself dummy!

i have had to kick a few ppl out (agar zane man beshin bayad chador saretun konin :punishing_wft: )

Y would you even accept such khastegaars in the first place? Next time if you have such proposals tell them I will wrap that chador around your freaking head, making a turban out of it, so that you can cover your shi**y head!

Aren't you tooo young for marriage BTW?

bah bah bahhhhhhhhhh ... ye arusi oftadam pas, han ???

ageh zan va mard ghati nist arusi,mano davat nakon azizam :D .

hehe che moftaki khodeto davat mikoni!!! albate iran hastesh, to ro davatam mikardim nemiyumadi :harhar_wft[1]:

i have had to kick a few ppl out (agar zane man beshin bayad chador saretun konin :punishing_wft: )

Y would you even accept such khastegaars in the first place? Next time if you have such proposals tell them I will wrap that chador around your freaking head, making a turban out of it, so that you can cover your shi**y head!

Foozooli? :p JK

I think Loli's about 25? That's a good age. It depends when you meet the right person, I hope 22-25 for marriage. I guess some aren't the single-status-loving.

Marriage is not about age its about mindset and im ready, iv found my soulmate in every way and im dead happy :)

as for the wankers, unfortunatley they were introduced by ppl my mum couldnt say no to!!! i hate bloody 'roodarvasi', i said let me answer the fone, i'l tell them where to shove it :punishing_wft: and although i didnt choke them with a chador i kicked them out immidietly which got me into a little bit of trouble with my mum :p

Where (which spot) did you exactly kick him?

Good, you naughty mama! harhar_wft[1].gif