Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
ZeDe-HaL

Problem At Work!

Hi Friends...

I work in an office and I'm a member of IT Department! My Manager is more like my friend! He's been transferred to our company a few months ago.

During these months, I've realized that, He is not as expert as what he needs to be! Since I was working with our previews manager and I saw him how quickly solve our networking problems. This guy, Although is a very nice guy, taking a very long time to solve those problems! And I'm talking about days! Now anytime our senior managers or directors ask him about the time taken to solve those things... He always start to use some technical words to convince them that it wasn't his fault...although I know for fact that many times he called someone else to ask for solution to his problems!

Then I get all the blames from other workers since I've been in this company longer then him... Although they know that it is not my fault!

Now! Should I inform my MD's about this? It will not have any effect in my position at work or won't have any pay rise or credit for me... But somehow I feel responsible since I see that His mistakes causing company a big amount of financial damage and also putting other members under pressure!

On one hand I don't like to do it since I think is not cool and on the other hand as I said above... And Also hence he is the manager of our department, any failure in his act, has a bad consequence for us as members of department!

So... What do you think!?

Thank you! ^_^

Its a dilemma, however if his shortcomings seriously affect your work and your colleagues in a way that in case of a failure its you who stand accountable and suffer the consequences and not him then I would inform his superior! But if his shortcomings and failure will frame him as the sole person responsible and not you then I would wait for it to happen eventually!

Thanks Pourya... You are right! I might just wait to see what happens!

Ye MJ dud koni,zoud radif mishi aziz :D .

Well it's a tough situation man. I would say if his insufficiency at work affects the rest of the crew including yourself, and could under question your job as well as your productivity then for the sake of yourself and the company it is your duty to inform the higher ranked supervisor, however that itself is also incorrect, cuz you're supposed to get through them via your manager, but I'd still inform them of his failure in carrying out the duties!

Ye MJ dud koni,zoud radif mishi aziz :D .

Well it's a tough situation man. I would say if his insufficiency at work affects the rest of the crew including yourself, and could under question your job as well as your productivity then for the sake of yourself and the company it is your duty to inform the higher ranked supervisor, however that itself is also incorrect, cuz you're supposed to get through them via your manager, but I'd still inform them of his failure in carrying out the duties!

Thanks!