Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

GHEIRAT!

I'm not Persian. What does gheirat mean??

I don't think you have it, I mean genrally speaking middle eastern men are notorious for such characteristics!

Hard to explain, sort of jealousy, though in a masculine way... Well have you ever seen how a rooster would marcg with pride and a protective manner when another rooster passes by? :giggle: what a comparison! :giggle:

Apparently some women dig that personality! :haha:

I was going to make a poll though it seems as though only the elite on this forum get that privilege.

Girls-> Do you like a guy with a hint of Gheirat? Are you yourself blessed with a hint of it?

Guys-> Do you have a hint of Gheirat? Do you like a girl with a hint of it?

It's all about hints :giggle:

So0o0o...DISCUSS!

No rudeness and vahshi-bazi please LOL!

It has different definitions, the most extreme and negative one is when constantly marking your territory and overprotecting the female members of your family and mainly your woman like an alpha male! trust is no issue here and everyone is a potential suspect, male and female! instinctively very animalistic!

The more subtle gheirat is when you simply care about your own people and care to be there for them in hours of need, IF they need and most importantly wish your help and protection! they KNOW that they can always count on you! you are not overprotecting yet not indifferent either!

i think there is a big difference between gheirat and jealousy.

To me gheirat is when a man protects his woman, but doesnt try to take over her life and watch her every move. anything beyond that is called jealousy and insecurity :boredom_wft:

I was going to make a poll though it seems as though only the elite on this forum get that privilege.

Girls-> Do you like a guy with a hint of Gheirat? Are you yourself blessed with a hint of it?

Guys-> Do you have a hint of Gheirat? Do you like a girl with a hint of it?

It's all about hints :giggle:

So0o0o...DISCUSS!

No rudeness and vahshi-bazi please LOL!

It has different definitions, the most extreme and negative one is when constantly marking your territory and overprotecting the female members of your family and mainly your woman like an alpha male! trust is no issue here and everyone is a potential suspect, male and female! instinctively very animalistic!

The more subtle gheirat is when you simply care about your own people and care to be there for them in hours of need, IF they need and most importantly wish your help and protection! they KNOW that they can always count on you! you are not overprotecting yet not indifferent either!

If that's the closet thing to a translation then I feel the subtle form of gheirat is very attractive. If so, then practicing it is practicing an expression of love and that would be telling me said person is very special. But I have to disagree with the idea that gheirat can be described as having such opposite definitions. One contradicts the other. From what I gather above, I get the feeling Pourya's 1st description fits the word more than the latter -- the latter simply being love.

As much as the word "pride" differs in definition and as a culturally charged term, so does even the term and behaviour of "gheirat"! If the term hadn't such extreme nuances and there was a simple definition for it then it wouldn't have been so difficult to translate it into other languages!

touye iran hameh chiza ya zure ya ejbareh ya dorougheh,in yeki keh migan 'gheirat' digeh az un chert va pert hast keh kilu kilu ham bedi baz ham sannar arzesh nadareh va hesab ketab nadareh :D .

Basically one at a younger age may tend to act in such manner, however the older you get, the more you get to realize how destructive effects can be caused by enforcing too much gheyrat into a relationship. it becomes annoying, and it won't sound as pleasing and soothing as it used to be, even in the beginning of a relationship you might find some gheyrat a big turn oh, however as times goes by, you'll learn how bothersome and intrusive this gheyrat has become.

Bottom line, try to get rid of the gheyrat, it's not healthy, bear in mind getting rid of gheyrat does not imply giving up on your loved one, and not caring for him/her...

well said keano. i think when one tends to be to gheyrati to thier partner the partner may often feel imprisoned and it does lead to him or her lashing out in different was and working his/her way around it. it is really important to feel free in a relationship but at the same time knowing that you can count on and knowthat your partner is there for you.

har chizi yeah hady dare.

im not a big fan of ghierat at all. i really do think too much of destroys a relationship if not anyone.