All Fashion related issues!

I C U C I WYBB ;)

i c

i c

what does the W stand for!!!!!!

What do they usually do with butts?

FEATURE-Less skin is back in for young Americans

By Linda Thomas

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Hip-hugging jeans and tight-fitting tiny tops are out. Less skin is back in for the young American.

U.S. fashion experts say a trend toward modesty is evident in new fall styles for clothing aimed at girls in their early teens, and will become more common with spring 2006 designs.

"We're seeing skirt hemlines that are at the knee and are very demure, very proper pants, prim tops and large pearl necklaces," said Gloria Baume, fashion market director for Teen Vogue. The magazine showcases fashion and photography much like its parent publication Vogue.

Baume, who said she looks to European fashion runways to spot what will be hot for American teens, said designers have been focusing on "ladylike and almost old-fashioned" styles that were inspired by the 1950s.

Wednesday, Jun. 15

The General Outlook for Colors, Fashion Fabrics and Textiles [Fashion Era]

Quiz: Do You Know What NOT to Wear? [bBC News]

Fashion TV: Keep Connected With the Fashion World [Fashion TV]

The Long and Short of It: Skirts of All Lengths Step Out This Season [Cotton Incorporated]

Check Out the New Collections From Your Favorite Designers [New York Metro]

Do You Think Teenagers Will Follow This Trend? [Netscape Community]

Discuss Personal Style Challenges, Tips and Triumphs With Others [The Learning Channel]

That would phase out the belly-baring, skintight numbers championed by the likes of Britney Spears. "There is nothing form-fitting about the latest fashions," Baume said.

Does that mean the low-rise jean fad is over?

"I hope so," said Baume. "I don't like them. That style has been around for four years and I think girls are getting tired of it."

CosmoGIRL! magazine fashion editor, Tara McBratney, agrees there is a new trend toward modesty in fashion, but she says it has little to do with pressure from conservative elements in society.

"Fashion is a cycle," McBratney explained. "We got to the point where the jeans were as low as they could go, shirts were as cropped as they could go, baby tees were as tight as they could go, so the natural progression is for fashion to go the other way."

SKIN IS OUT

Others say the new modesty is part of a larger social shift.

"Teens are realizing that having an unstructured, unorthodox lifestyle didn't work well for previous generations so they're becoming more conservative with their clothing and politics," said Pam Gunderson, who leads the Challenge Girls Club of Greater Seattle.

More than 400 people attended a fashion show the Catholic club sponsored in the Seattle area recently featuring modest clothing. Summer styles included one piece, colorful floral swimsuits with slip on skirts and mesh sleeveless cover-ups.

The club is one of dozens in the United States organizing such shows, called "Pure Fashion."

"Any outfit should not be so tight that you can see the shape of underwear underneath it. And a girl should be able to reach for something on a high shelf, bend over and pick something up or sit on a chair without skin showing," said Gunderson.

Gunderson's daughter, 12-year-old Ella Gunderson, said she wrote a letter to Seattle-based Nordstrom Inc. criticizing the department store retailer for selling clothes that showed too much skin.

"I see all these girls who walk around with pants that show their belly button and underwear," she wrote. "Even at my age, I know that is not modest."

Most girls have a hard time believing they can be popular while being modest, according to educator Camille De Blasi.

"Our culture teaches that happiness only comes from physical pleasure or ego gratification," De Blasi said. "It's a message teens get so immersed in from music, magazines and television that they start to believe it."

An older teen, 15 year-old Michelle Ross, said said modest clothing is becoming "less unpopular."

"You can still be cool even if you're not wearing the same type of clothing as everyone else," said Ross. "Personality is what matters."

06/08/05 08:00

oHhHhh that sucks!!! :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...s_0605less_skin

FEATURE-Less skin is back in for young Americans

By Linda Thomas

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Hip-hugging jeans and tight-fitting tiny tops are out. Less skin is back in for the young American.

U.S. fashion experts say a trend toward modesty is evident in new fall styles for clothing aimed at girls in their early teens, and will become more common with spring 2006 designs.

"We're seeing skirt hemlines that are at the knee and are very demure, very proper pants, prim tops and large pearl necklaces," said Gloria Baume, fashion market director for Teen Vogue. The magazine showcases fashion and photography much like its parent publication Vogue.

Baume, who said she looks to European fashion runways to spot what will be hot for American teens, said designers have been focusing on "ladylike and almost old-fashioned" styles that were inspired by the 1950s.

Wednesday, Jun. 15

The General Outlook for Colors, Fashion Fabrics and Textiles [Fashion Era]

Quiz: Do You Know What NOT to Wear? [bBC News]

Fashion TV: Keep Connected With the Fashion World [Fashion TV]

The Long and Short of It: Skirts of All Lengths Step Out This Season [Cotton Incorporated]

Check Out the New Collections From Your Favorite Designers [New York Metro]

Do You Think Teenagers Will Follow This Trend? [Netscape Community]

Discuss Personal Style Challenges, Tips and Triumphs With Others [The Learning Channel]

That would phase out the belly-baring, skintight numbers championed by the likes of Britney Spears. "There is nothing form-fitting about the latest fashions," Baume said.

Does that mean the low-rise jean fad is over?

"I hope so," said Baume. "I don't like them. That style has been around for four years and I think girls are getting tired of it."

CosmoGIRL! magazine fashion editor, Tara McBratney, agrees there is a new trend toward modesty in fashion, but she says it has little to do with pressure from conservative elements in society.

"Fashion is a cycle," McBratney explained. "We got to the point where the jeans were as low as they could go, shirts were as cropped as they could go, baby tees were as tight as they could go, so the natural progression is for fashion to go the other way."

SKIN IS OUT

Others say the new modesty is part of a larger social shift.

"Teens are realizing that having an unstructured, unorthodox lifestyle didn't work well for previous generations so they're becoming more conservative with their clothing and politics," said Pam Gunderson, who leads the Challenge Girls Club of Greater Seattle.

More than 400 people attended a fashion show the Catholic club sponsored in the Seattle area recently featuring modest clothing. Summer styles included one piece, colorful floral swimsuits with slip on skirts and mesh sleeveless cover-ups.

The club is one of dozens in the United States organizing such shows, called "Pure Fashion."

"Any outfit should not be so tight that you can see the shape of underwear underneath it. And a girl should be able to reach for something on a high shelf, bend over and pick something up or sit on a chair without skin showing," said Gunderson.

Gunderson's daughter, 12-year-old Ella Gunderson, said she wrote a letter to Seattle-based Nordstrom Inc. criticizing the department store retailer for selling clothes that showed too much skin.

"I see all these girls who walk around with pants that show their belly button and underwear," she wrote. "Even at my age, I know that is not modest."

Most girls have a hard time believing they can be popular while being modest, according to educator Camille De Blasi.

"Our culture teaches that happiness only comes from physical pleasure or ego gratification," De Blasi said. "It's a message teens get so immersed in from music, magazines and television that they start to believe it."

An older teen, 15 year-old Michelle Ross, said said modest clothing is becoming "less unpopular."

"You can still be cool even if you're not wearing the same type of clothing as everyone else," said Ross. "Personality is what matters."

06/08/05 08:00

oHhHhh that sucks!!! :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...s_0605less_skin

94339[/snapback]

hehehe....that was last falls fashion! i bust that look ....its over and done with!!! :DD

i need to go shopping

i refuse to wear any more pants to work!! :DD

SKIRTS ONLY :dance:

i need to go shopping

i refuse to wear any more pants to work!!  :DD

SKIRTS ONLY  :dance:

94660[/snapback]

JAaAaAaAaAN!

I second that!

Post some pix of you in your skirts! :clap2:

Et voila! :DD :DD :DD :DD

im in love with hats this season.

I had a fascination with baseball caps in my last year on uni.

Now I want hats again...but not baseball caps!! :haha:

I love hats...vali this year it's sunglasses...sadta kharidam :p

but bacheha....I'm in love with the new collection from Kenzo :D:wub: male autumn/ winter...kheili bahalan.....bayad beram bekharam :D

lol i think i was refering to the baba karm felt and tweed style hats that were in winter here. im not a cap person. although i may wear one here and there depending on where im going.

lol i think i was refering to the baba karm felt and tweed style hats that were in winter here. im not a cap person. although i may wear one here and there depending on where im going.

i know

i actually don't see you as a baseball cap wearing kind of girl. ;)

a few days ago I saw a guy, in beard and streetwear, hanging the most feminine purse on his shoulder! :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

lol its called a man purse. loooool. :)))

hahaha...pourya...pekade du o skrattade? :D hahah