Forum | Bia2.com
Keano

All Fashion related issues!

Men's Fashion wear for this fall:

Trend One: The Colorful Striped Shirt

This fall, there's a lot of color in menswear. One of the easiest ways for guys to embrace this trend is with one of the season's many bright, striped shirts.

Everyone from Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Etro are making a big impact with bold color. It's great with a pair of jeans. It's also a way to add some personality to a serious suit. Pair the shirt with a more businesslike two-button, gray pinstriped suit - always classic. The trend in suits is moving from three-button models to those with two.

Steal: Express

Striped button down shirt: $50

Gray pinstriped suit: $326

Grand Total: $376

Splurge: Canali

Striped button down shirt: $195

Gray pinstriped suit: $1495

Grand Total: $1690

What's the difference: Zinczenko says that if you have the choice, spend more money on quality. There's a bigger difference in fabrics with the suits than with the shirts. But for trendier items, it's a better bet to spend less. These shirts from Express are a good idea.

Trend Two: Tweed

Tweed is one of the biggest looks in both men's and women's fashion this fall. This is something you might already have in your closet. If not, a lot of big designers are doing clothes and jackets in nubby wool. Like many of the big trends in fashion right now, tweed is a classic.

There's a big return to very familiar, preppy clothing: polo shirts, cable knit sweaters and tweed sport coats. This is a more relaxed coat - great worn with a pair of cords or twills. Also great with jeans.

Steal: J Crew

Tweed sport coat: $250

White dress shirt $60

Blue jeans $75

Grand Total: $385

Splurge: Polo Ralph Lauren (+Varvatos)

Tweed sport coat: $900

White dress shirt $265

John Varvatos blue jeans $185

Grand Total: $1350

What's The Difference: Ralph Lauren is known for tweed and anything country club. So he's the go-to guy for higher end tweed. Also of good quality is the J Crew tweed. Some of the details, like the leather buttons, are a nice touch. Wear it with a neutral outfit, like white shirt/blue jeans to allow the coat to be the standout.

Trend Three: The Slim Topcoat

Forget the big, boxy overcoat you used to wear! This fall, the new style is a slimmed down version. Narrow through the body. The technical name for this coat is "Reefer."

The general move in men's style is towards a slimmer silhouette. Not tight, but not boxy. This is one example of how designers add a modern touch to classic men's clothing. This coat offers a lot of versatility. It is great for workdays with a suit, but also good with jeans. Both of these models have another cool detail: the belted back.

Steal: Club Monaco

Wool topcoat $299

Turtleneck $49

Trousers $100

Grand Total: $448

Splurge: Zegna (#2)

Wool topcoat $1,995

Turtleneck $285

Trousers $315

Grand Total: $2595

What's the Difference: Again, the fabric is the big difference here. The Zegna topcoat is a higher quality wool. The styling on both coats is quite similar, however. Since Club Monaco is more trend-driven brand, its coat is actually a bit slimmer, younger.

well keano jan.

what is the difference a couple of hundrad dollars. These days its impossible to get away with wearing what you were last winter/summer. Just not good. and even if you do stick to the safest colours and looks you can always spot some one that is trying to be trendy or stylish but yet wearing last seasons clothes.

that is the thing. if you want to have the look of today. you dont have to speend big dollars to look it. Find what is most comfterbal and in season but YET looks stunning and stylish on. Go for that. there is no point spending 1600 on a jacket when you can get away with wearing a 500 dollar jacket.

you have to dress and buy smart.

and never ever ever, girls this is a must. never buy some thing because its on special but yet its a size smaller, and you thinking its ok youwill loose the extra kilos because it never happens. So spend that on some thing that you will use. Because you are not saving or buying a bargin, your just throughing your money away.

Well for gentlemen, the perfect Casual/Trendy dress (My opinion of course):

A nice pair of blue Jeans, with a nice cut black beyond jacket (Looks kind of formal jacket, though a casual cut), with a nice solid white/blue/or even pink (this one only for this year ;) button shirt, tucked-in ), with a classy black shoes, hey never wear white socks! :lol: unless you're wearing sportswear! ;) Cuz that's a turn off to alot of girls! B) , so my suggestion to you "Wear black socks" :D

Your lovely and spanking King! ;)

Guest bademjoon

keano what you said is nice. but i reackon that only suits slim guys, if you are bulky/built, that wouldnt look as nice. built guys look really khot in diesigner shirts and a not fitted jeans.

Guest maheshabe14
Well for gentlemen, the perfect Casual/Trendy dress (My opinion of course):

A nice pair of blue Jeans, with a nice cut black beyond jacket (Looks kind of formal jacket, though a casual cut), with a nice solid white/blue/or even pink (this one only for this year ;) button shirt, tucked-in ), with a classy black shoes, hey never wear white socks! :lol: unless you're wearing sportswear! ;) Cuz that's a turn off to alot of girls! B) , so my suggestion to you "Wear black socks" :D

Your lovely and spanking King! ;)

i love white socks on guys..its actually a turn on for me :unsure::D

i use to think black sox on men were such a turn off. will any sox apart from white. i myself never ever wore black sox. but now im getting use to it.

i love white socks on guys..its actually a turn on for me :unsure::D

OMG!!!!

U can't be serious!!!!!!

All the FOB guys, just arrived from Iran, wear white socks, with their suits on!!!!!

i love white socks on guys..its actually a turn on for me :unsure:  :D

OMG!!!!

U can't be serious!!!!!!

All the FOB guys, just arrived from Iran, wear white socks, with their suits on!!!!!

common keano, you dance around your place with only briefs/boxers and white sox on. :D

i love white socks on guys..its actually a turn on for me :unsure:  :D

OMG!!!!

U can't be serious!!!!!!

common keano, you dance around your place with only briefs/boxers and white sox on. :D

Remember last summer??? in my bedroom??? :lol:

Well colorful Socks for girls are ok, though certainly not for guys, or at least guys who care about fashion and looking good.

well honostly i think colourful sox are yuk both on girls and guys. i just have this thing with colourful sox .

lool ... but I like colourful socks

except formal mehmoonies and parties .. I wear strip/colourful socks..

but for guys I prefer dark/black socks...

btw I hate brown socks for guys :angry: you know!!

you know what i find really really disgusting. is when guys where no sox with formal shoes, or any shoes. yyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkk.

and those iranian males that wear them see through sox. ah ah. yucky even more.

I really dislike brown color, clothings!!!! very ugly and un-fashionable!

lol at see through socks for men! :lol:

i have a phobea with buttons. so hardly any of my clothes have buttons on them, i never buy any thing with buttons. its so wierd.

I really dislike brown color, clothings!!!! very ugly and un-fashionable!

lol at see through socks for men! :lol:

Ewwww I hate it too!!! :angry:

I dislike guys who wear ... "aab rafte shalvaar" and think they are sooo coooooolll and khoshtip!!!!! u know ke chi migam!?!?! :ph34r:

lol, good im glad you do. because even my mother thinks im wierd because of it. lol

but yeah. you know how it is.