Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
lolita37

Trailers...

lol actually its the ending I love the most! My least favorite film of his is 6th sense! so its says a lot! hehe

lol i just came here to write about that! just watched it on comingsoon.net and i have to say i was very impressed with johnny :D i am a big fan of his acting and will to watch this movie, even though im not a fan of "Alice in wonderland". never understood it.

Thanks pourya jan. Just clicked the link from your blog. I'm confident Cameron will deliver with a great story to support it's visual perfection. Even a HD trailer will not do it justice as it is intended for 3D presentation. We have a new HD-3D cinema complex in Birmingham, so i'll definately be watching it there :D

hopefully it is so, because 3D can work both ways! While it might work for fully animated features it might not work for such hybrid!

I cant wait for avatar either guys ! :punk:

i agree with pedram cameron has become a legend!

but i have a question though, is it all in 3D ? i mean how would they release a 3D movie on dvd ? is there going to be 3D versions and ordinary versions of it released in cinemas ?

Edited by Ahmaad

From what I understand it will not, however he is working with Panasonic on a new TV that shows 3D HD:

"Panasonic and James Cameron Join Forces for 3-D

Panasonic Corp. has signed on James Cameron and his upcoming film, 'Avatar', in an advertising blitz for its TVs equipped with 3-D technology. Panasonic is planning to start selling 3-D TVs in 2010, while the Blu-ray Disc Association is hard at work hammering out a final specification for 3-D, which might be adopted as early as late this year.

'Avatar', for which the teaser trailer just went online, is set for release December 18. It will be the first major non-animation film (albeit undoubtedly CGI-laden) debuting worldwide in both 2-D and 3-D.

"I believe 3-D is how we will experience movies, gaming and computing in the near future. 3-D is not something you watch. It's a reality you feel you could step into," Cameron said on video.

Panasonic is hoping its collaboration with Cameron will give it an edge in brand image as a 3-D leader as well as in obtaining suggestions for technological improvements for home TVs, said General Manager Masayuki Kozuka. "We want to get global interest rolling," he told The Associated Press. "For people to want to watch 3-D at home, the movie has to be a blockbuster."

Panasonic plans to have several trailer-vans driving around in the US and Europe next month with large-screen 3-D TVs inside showing 'Avatar.' In Japan, footage from the movie will appear in ads for 3-D TVs.

Details on a 3-D Blu-ray release of "Avatar" have not been set."

lol I actually did think of that today! thankfully they wont have the chance to do it, more money in my pocket! :haha:

lol! 3D Lost, damn that would be be amazingggggggg!!

Actually development in 3D televisions has been showcased at many tech shows over the past few years. Now with studios really picking up on the 3D technology pioneered by Cameron, it seems that 3D is the next natural visual generation, after HD. Some of these sets won't even require the stanadrd 3D glasses! I read an interesting article in EMpire magazine recently featuring many A-list directors that revealed they are now working on 3D projects, so i think its only a matter of time until this format is in wide distribution.

Regarding Avatar....2D cinemas will showcase the movie as normal but it will surely not do it justice. It's always best to view in the atmosphere it is intended. As we've seen from the trailer, the film appears to be something that relies heavily on its visual presentation, so optimal viewing will surely be preferable. I cannot wait for this baby, wooooooo! :D

Cameron has raised the bar on so many occassions now. Even those who don't enjoy his movies can see that his forward thinking approach to filmaking has had a lasting influence on the industry as a whole.

though I must say that in film forums many who have been anticipating this have been disappointed! I think the hype disserved it, as though its beautiful its nothing groundbreaking except its 3D! Many have excepted an altogether new and fresh concept than just a crossing between different sci-fi movies!

i see district 9 has been released!

any of u guys seen it ?

oh and btw ive been planing to go watch ice age 3D for a while! hopefully ill get to it tomorrow! :p

Its gonna be released here this weekend! I might gonna go see it next week, heard only good things about it!

hasnt released here yet either! and dunno when it will! but ive only got this week off as the finals start next week! so dont think i could watch it

I just heard that several 3D cinemas have been opened in Sweden so I hope I'll be able to watch Avatar in 3D afterall! :punk: