Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
GLTitan7

AFC Asian Cup 2007

The Asian Cup is going to kick off, everyone knows that Iran is probably one of the favorites to win, but there is some strong opposition in the way.

Here are the groups (funny thing if you notice that all the strong nations are in groups by themselves not together maybe ratings wont be high enough if all of the big 4 dont advance (australia, iran, s.korea and japan).

Anywayzz groups

GROUP A

Australia

Iraq

Oman

Thailand

Predicted Winner!!! Australia

Group B

Japan

Qatar

UAE

Vietnam

Winner!!! Japan

Group C

China

Iran

Malaysia

Uzbekistan

Winner!!! Iran

Group D

Indonesia

Saudi Arabia

Bahrain

S. Korea

Winner!!! S. Korea

Strongest groups by far are d and c/b in second.

Player to watch in my opinion - M. Viduka; a little old, but still a wizard with the ball and its amazing how he does it given that he is 6'5'' (1.96met.)tall.

Team to watch - Iran

Game to watch - Australia vs. Iran possibly if both teams advance to the semifinals. This game is bigger than the final because Australia is in some ways a credible soccer team.

I only know that 1 of this teams will win the cup Iran,Australia or Japan.

South Korea sucks this year they lost a match againts India.

(funny thing if you notice that all the strong nations are in groups by themselves not together maybe ratings wont be high enough if all of the big 4 dont advance (australia, iran, s.korea and japan).

Well, you know that the teams you mentioned above were the top seeded teams, thus weren't just coincidentally placed in different groups, cuz the organizers want to keep the tournament as exciting as possible right till the finals. Thus Iran, Japan, Korea Republic, Australia ended up being in different groups.

A biased keano would say iran will most probably win the title, however a logical Keano thinks it's really hard to win the finals. I believe we'll make it to the finals, although not sure about stealing the cup!

Here is an interesting article about daei on the main page og AFC:

Daei backing former team mates

Jul 1, 2007

PA Sport

HONG KONG - Iranian legend Ali Daei believes his former team mates have the experience necessary to launch a serious challenge for the AFC Asian Cup.

Daei retired from the international scene after appearing for Iran at the World Cup finals in Germany last summer, when the team put in a disappointing performance when much was expected.

But the former Asian Player of the Year – who earned more than 100 caps for Iran and scored a world record 109 international goals during his illustrious career – thinks the team will have benefited from their time

spent in the competition last summer.

“It will be difficult but we have a good team, I think,” he said after appearing for a FIFA World XI during Hong Kong’s Reunification Cup on Sunday.

“But it will be difficult because of Australia but also Japan, Saudi Arabia and South Korea will challenge. It will be hard.

“However, the team hasn’t changed, we’ve just added some new players, but they are very experienced and that’s good for them because it means they know what they’re doing.

“Nine or 10 of the players in the starting team are the same as last year, they haven’t changed but they have more experience and that will help them.”

Daei ended his international career last year after the nation’s campaign in Germany but continued to play throughout the just-completed Iran Pro League season for Saipa.

It was to be a successful season for Daei, who worked as player coach with the Tehran-based club, steering them to the title with a final day win.

“It was great for me, in my first season as a coach to become a champion,” he said.

“It’s great for me but it’s just the start of my work. I have big ideas and plans for the team and I want to put those into action.”

Daei’s immediate success has seen him linked with higher profile jobs in Iran, with Persepolis – who he played for early in his career – seen as one destination, while he has also been touted as a future national team coach.

But for now Daei is focusing on his job at Saipa and leading the club into next year’s AFC Champions League.

“We want to play well in the Asian Champions League,” said Daei, who was in the Bayern Munich squad that reached the final of the 1999 European Champions League and who represented Saba Battery in the 2005 ACL.

“There’s still a big gap between Asian and European club football but it is closing and I think it’s better this year than it was last year and I hope that will continue in Asia.”

Despite his success and the lure of more illustrious positions, Daei remains committed to the Saipa cause.

“I didn’t speak to anybody and I don’t think about Persepolis,” he said of the speculation in the Iranian press. “I have a contract with Saipa and I would like to stay with Saipa.

“As for the national team, I can’t say now but in the future anything can happen. I’ve learned so many things that have helped me as a coach and I can use my experience and do a lot to improve Iranian football.”

AFC Official website

Daei did so much for the national team us a player and now may be he will do something us a coach.

Iran is going to play against Uzbekistan i think this is a easy match for Iran till now Oman is the strongest team in AFC cup all other teams sucks lets see wut Iran is going to do.

Iran is going to play against Uzbekistan i think this is a easy match for Iran till now Oman is the strongest team in AFC cup all other teams sucks lets see wut Iran is going to do.

Wrong!

Uzbekistan is a very strong team, do not underestimate them, although their #1 striker is suspended for this game which can be considered a positive point for us. Nevertheless this is going to be one hell of a match!

As for Oman I agree that they outplayed Australia, however looking at their past, they've always been a very inconsistent team, anybody remember AC2004? They almost beat us till minute 92, and that was in the group stage, too bad they couldn't make it to the next round!

I predict a 3-1 win for Iran against Uzbeks.

Wrong!

Uzbekistan is a very strong team, do not underestimate them, although their #1 striker is suspended for this game which can be considered a positive point for us. Nevertheless this is going to be one hell of a match!

As for Oman I agree that they outplayed Australia, however looking at their past, they've always been a very inconsistent team, anybody remember AC2004? They almost beat us till minute 92, and that was in the group stage, too bad they couldn't make it to the next round!

I predict a 3-1 win for Iran against Uzbeks.

I am sure Iran will win against Uzbekistan we never lost with like this teams in AFC specially in the 1st round.But like every1 says this is soccer anything is possible i think 3 or 4hours is there for the match we will wait till that time.See u after the match.

Yeah we managed to beat Uzbek, but what a crappy first half we had!

Enayati and Khatibi are a big no no in our starting 11, Rajabzadeh is a much better striker than Khatibi, and Enayati should only be used the last 10-15 minutes of the matches we need to score. Kazemian was wonderful and upon his entrance our team's performance changed dramatically and controlled the match and the opponent, his moves, speed and crosses were just lethal. Jalal Hoseini just as expected impressed us all.

Overall not a fully convincing win, but good enough for the first match. Hopefully we'll take our revenge from the Chinese on Sunday.

U r right Enayati and Khatibi should not be in the team Ali Samareh played better then them in UAE but his not der i dont no the reason i think if he was der he could play better then them.

Today also we finished draw i den see the match coz of my friend told me the match will start at 4 but it started at 2 anyway let us see wut we will do other matches we r sure that we will go to the 2nd thats somthing great.I think Australia is also almost out. :clap2:

lots of suprises, Iran is really trying to pull through with this one and i hope it happens. Especially for our TM Melli veterans who dont have any team hardware.

Iraq is my team, i love the fact that they dont have a freaking field to play on, their country is in turmoil and they still manange to pull an upset which made a heavy statement.

After the match with Malayasia i think our team is not that strong its all coz of the coach everytime he changes the way of playing.He should change but not the players till now he doesnt no which players are good for the team.

We dont have players who have speed Hassian Kaabi and Kazemian are in substitute they should play every match they are good they have speed which will help the whole team i dont no wuts wrong wit this coach. :punishing_wft:

Australia got their behind whooped by the Mighty Japan, Iraq wasn't impressive at all against the underdogs Vietnam, though managed to win 2-0.

But tomorrow the big game will take place between Iran and S. Korea, both suffering from inability of goal scoring, but these are one of the most conspicuous rivals in Asia who have faced each other in the QFs in the past 3 AC editions, in 1996 Iran thrashed them 6-2, in 2000 we lost 2-1, 2004 we outclassed them in a 4-3 thriller. Tomorrow S. Korea won't be as promising team as their past sqauds in the previous ACs, however I speculate a fantastic game filled with lots of excitement.

I predict 1 3-1 win for Iran, Hashemian, Nekounam and karimi will score.

After the match with Malayasia i think our team is not that strong its all coz of the coach everytime he changes the way of playing.He should change but not the players till now he doesnt no which players are good for the team.

We dont have players who have speed Hassian Kaabi and Kazemian are in substitute they should play every match they are good they have speed which will help the whole team i dont no wuts wrong wit this coach. :punishing_wft:

True GN is crap, though bear in mind that we have extremely strong squad, and on paper we should easily beat Korea's weakened team.

In anyway our players are better then there players even if they win this match i dont think it is coz of the coach.

But really some of our players are very good but some of them sucks for the national team.

Ali Karimi is a player who doesnt play that much good but he can do anything at anytime thats the good thing he has even he is not the Karimi which he was.......But i feel that he den try his best in all this games this is the time for him to show wut he can do.

Many of our players are better then Japanese players but the good thing in Japan is all there players play in same level.

Still i dont believe that we lost the match...Now der is no use to blame any1 it is too late.

lots of suprises, Iran is really trying to pull through with this one and i hope it happens. Especially for our TM Melli veterans who dont have any team hardware.

Iraq is my team, i love the fact that they dont have a freaking field to play on, their country is in turmoil and they still manange to pull an upset which made a heavy statement.

haaahaaaa iraq WON the whole thing

but just to tell you, the iraq tem trains abroad. So dont think its not like they dont have a field to play on or anything, but

considering the investments the other countries make in soccer and what iraq is going through, they really really deserved what they got. congradulations to them.

Salam,

Wow Iraq won the Asian Cup....they did play pretty good, made some good plays.. - Congratulations to all Iraqi's.

Next task... world cup lol

I am happy that they won but when Arabs win somthing all other Arab countries also start talking about there country like they have won the cup UAE is a example they got kicked out but now they r saying we Arabs won the cup.

Lol Iraq wwon, consipiracy?

Remember olympics and then the news coverage,

If a team other than iraq would've won it wont have made headlines as much.

BUT wutever its good to see that the people of iraq have something good in there lives for a short while, while they live in f***** hell. May god be with the iraqi people.

Iraq deservedly won the Cup fair & square. The showed the rest of Asia what unity and patriotism is all about, they fought as if defeat had no meaning in their vocabulary.

Well done Iraq, may you guys be a great example for our lazy players, and lousy head coach!

I actually cannot believe Iraq won!? I guess I sort of underestimated them from the start. Well done to them! As for Iran, well, I'm *speechless* :rolleyes:

After GN's failure to manage TM in its AC appearance, there have been mixed news concerning whether or not he'll remain as the head coach, Apparently just before AC IFF quietly extended his contract for another year, although a few days ago Khabiri a member of the transitory federation of football announced that Qalenei has been sacked and they're in search of a world class coach either from Brazil or East Europe.

After GN's failure to manage TM in its AC appearance, there have been mixed news concerning whether or not he'll remain as the head coach, Apparently just before AC IFF quietly extended his contract for another year, although a few days ago Khabiri a member of the transitory federation of football announced that Qalenei has been sacked and they're in search of a world class coach either from Brazil or East Europe.

We should try and sign Ali Daei for a year mayb he will be good for TM