Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Is obesity unavoidable for some?

Scientists say they have identified the clearest genetic link to obesity yet.

They found people with two copies of a "fat" version of a gene had a 70% higher risk of obesity than those with none, and weighed 3kg (6.5lb) more.

The research in Science by the Peninsula Medical School and Oxford University studied data from about 40,000 people.

Should we show more sympathy and sensitivity to the overweight among us? Or is this just an excuse for people who don't like to exercise and cannot be bothered to eat well?

^ Yep, very interesting though I still feel that obesity can be avoided. The numbers of obese cases in society today is much more than that of the past- in the US its crazy and Britons are following their footstep, the only explanation is changes in the gene in the years LOLLLL which sounds ridiculous to me...I think societies have become more affluent :. more people can afford to scoff their faces LOL.

^ Yep, very interesting though I still feel that obesity can be avoided. The numbers of obese cases in society today is much more than that of the past- in the US its crazy and Britons are following their footstep, the only explanation is changes in the gene in the years LOLLLL which sounds ridiculous to me...I think societies have become more affluent :. more people can afford to scoff their faces LOL.

Americans are NOT fat.....we're just pleasantly plump!

Guest triple555

i think many can avoid it by cutting down on pastas, potatoes, rice, and most breads.. but seriously the hormones in the food nowadays is getting to kids at a young age ...

i remember people in iran who ate a lot and still wouldn't gain one bit or have any health risks.. i think it also has to do with lots of SABZI

i think many can avoid it by cutting down on pastas, potatoes, rice, and most breads.. but seriously the hormones in the food nowadays is getting to kids at a young age ...

i remember people in iran who ate a lot and still wouldn't gain one bit or have any health risks.. i think it also has to do with lots of SABZI

Yup and that's why I opened the Fruit and Veg thread lol :D