Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
MeehanDoost

Please sign this petition against the movie "300"

Huuummm.....

Back to the time that I was in Iran... Every movie, TV show and etc... pointed to this fact that Western culture is nothing but a big mistake created by an evil mind! American's were nothing but a bunch of white criminals whom mass murdered the native American in order to take their land and they are still doing it! That's why they are evil and this makes us angles!

They don't tell people that... Hey It might be true but look at all the goods they have done in other areas!

So! When Iranian regime is doing it... Why they don't follow!

I don't remember signing any petition against degenerating other folks culture or history back there so I don't see any point in doing it right now!

Unless... You have some kind of double standard in here that I don't know!

I don't have any double standard. I have a standard, which is to protect my heritage and people from false statements and attacks. When there is a movie that shows Iranians/Persians as some out of this world animals and demons and calls us barbarians and is based on a scewed view of what truly happened, then yes, I will support petitions to fight against some propoganda, especially when this movie comes at a time in which there is high anti-Iranians sentiment, and this movie may be based in great part to increase such hatred and support some sort of a war against my country.

So I say to all the people who are proud of who they are and their past, please sign this petition and do your part to fight against OUR demonization.

Thanks.

First of all I have to say that I totally have my respect for your opinions and all I'm trying to do is to satisfy my own curiosity since I am a carious goat boy after all!

You've talked about " Your heritage "! What I would like to know is that!

What exactly is your heritage?!

When we mock people on producing a false image of our history, Do we really know our own history or what we have been told... is really the truth! Is there any guaranty that our history is actually what happened in the past!?

I don't consider myself a nationalist since I believe... I am biologically a homo sapience and then after that comes my nationality which by the way is an artificial limitation from human race itself just to make us more controllable for our rulers !

But! I learned many things from my so called " Culture " which I think they are actually quite good to remember!

Moshk an ast ke bebooyad na anke attar begooyad!

So! I think it doesn't really matter and we don't have to so much concern about the way people think about us when we claim that we know ourselves and we are happy about who or what we are!

So! If you so proud of what you are... what seems to be the problem! Unless you want others whom you think are better then yourself to classify your values, Act in the same way that you act toward your own culture!

After all! Since you are so familiar with the word " propaganda " , you should definitely know what it's targets are!? So! What did you exactly expect from it? Some kind of glorious Hollywood version of Persian empire...

Man! I'm telling you! If any American film making company make a movie in which they admire the glorious days of Persian empire!

Then I would definitely put my own knowledge about my own history under a big question mark!

Thank you!

If this movie is about a battle field war, you wouldnt expect them to show war fighters kissing and hugging each other.

I dont think Warner is violating undeniable international legal rights.

Its not a documentary, its a ficticious movie.

The petition is not well written. It basically says that persians were not savages at the battle field! Which I dont understand. What were they supposed to be at the battle field?

In my modest opion, its better to be selective about petitions and submit them for when people are being hanged in Iran or impresoned for wanting freedom, and such..

Listen, I don't want to argue here about the petition. If you agree with it, then please sign it. If you don't, then you are free not to sign it. That's all. I just wanted to post it for whose who agree to sign it. That's all.

pourya i read your blog on this film. i was so suprised to see you being offended. honestly out of every one i never expected you to be offended. i read many many reviews and iranians complaining about it and i was thinking to myself common its just pure fiction its not that bad. So when i saw your review i was really interested to know how you felt about it, and to see your offended i must say "is it that offending". GReat review. must admit its not out here yet and not sure if i want to see it now.

Yes initially I was offended or better said felt ”awkward”! But I also mentioned that the feeling was more of an ”instinct” than ”logic”! I should not have felt like that and did everything in my power not to do so (hence I'm not signing the petition)! All in all the main problem or confusing factor is that Miller has used an actual historic event and actual historic persons to build his fantasy version on! SO when you think of it, its not ”pure” fiction! If he had created an own world like in the Lord of The Rings where he placed his creatures in then no one would associate with it as ”distorted history” and just take it for what it is! Fantasy-fiction!

http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=87

its true you have to see it that way but like you said its the "sense of nationalism" that would kick int. lol its a feeling that us persians cant really help to avoid.

Jaleb bood matlabi ke daar blog neveshte boodi Pourya khan. Manam yejooraei movafegham, vali yejooraei ham halam gereftaast. :D

vali man mikham ba chandta az doostaye Irani beram in filmo bebinam to cinema. baad gharare vaghti ke akharin Sarbaze Sparta ke mord, ma pashim daast bezanim! :D lol. nababa shookhi mikonam.

Filme, ziad jeddi nagirin. :D Ma ke khodemoon midoonim injoori naboud... be t*khme chape asbe Khashayar shah ke digaran nemidoonan chejoori boode vagheiaat. :D

one of the best movies ever, i loved it :D

spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans !

the past is the past deal with the present, trust me persians ripping people off all the time, persians being laat here and persians doing drugs all the time hurts our reputation much much more than a movie. You dont live on this planet to impress people, you shouldnt be offended regarding peoples opinions, just focus on making yourself a better person.

omg that movie was so stupid, i wish, i would had gone and seen mr. bean's holiday!!!

I mean, persians, black, with piercings in the face, babarians, riding on Rhinos????

WTF?!

lol. that is just stupid!

It's a fictional movie, for God's sake stop being so defensive and insecure over every single Iran-related controversy!

Have you guys watched Sin City? It's supposedlyin America and all those ruthless polices and weird creatures are "Americans", Directed by Frank Miller, the same guy who directed 300.

I for one saw the movie and liked it. Yes, a part of me (a big part actually) was offended, but the fact that it was fiction, coming from a comicbook, and frank Miller himself saying "its not true history," kept me from being totally outraged(now the movie alexander on the other hand....).

But please, instead of signing petitions and grumbling and complaining on how the movie characterizes us, why dont we ban up togethor and make a movie about how ancient persia was. that's actually what i wanna do, become a director and make a movie about ancient persia. I'm already making a manga about ancient persia (by the way, I still need help finding a name for it).

Do you realise that your just making the director richer? I mean America is a 'democracy' and its not like their going to ban the film, all your doing is just promoting it and hear it from me- petitions hardly ever make a difference its just a form of participation for self-content.