Forum | Bia2.com
Sign in to follow this  
irannostalgia

Malmo to Stockholm by train

Hello... I dont live in Sweden, but I was thinking about going to the norooz concert in Stockholm ... The one with ghomeishi / nooshafarin, habib , etc...

The only low cost airline from my city to Sweden goes to Malmo and not Stockholm.

How much does a ROUND TRIP train ticket cost approx between malmo and stockholm? Is there a cheap way?

How long is the journey? Each way!

Thanks

Hi

Well, train is not so cheap here unfortunately. However, there are these tickets "Just Nu". They cost a bit cheaper. You have to buy them as soon as possible so the price is lower. Those tickets work like that, the earlier you get them the cheaper they are.

And the cost for a round trip can be anywhere from 600-2000 kr.

If you take X2000 trains (fast trains) it will take 4½ hours. But with regular trains it can take up to 6 hours. I definitely recommend X2000, not only because it goes faster but also because it is much more comfortable.

This is the official site for SJ (our train provider, lol)

SJ Official Site in English

If you have any other questions, let me know :;):

well thanks.

The price of the train ticket was absolutely ridiculous. Comes to almost 300 Euros round trip. Its cheaper to take an airplain!!

To think that from Gerona Spain there is a flight for 60 Euros to Stockholm! But that it costs 300Euros to go from Malmo to Stockholm and back! Its silly! Thanks

well thanks.

The price of the train ticket was absolutely ridiculous. Comes to almost 300 Euros round trip. Its cheaper to take an airplain!!

To think that from Gerona Spain there is a flight for 60 Euros to Stockholm! But that it costs 300Euros to go from Malmo to Stockholm and back! Its silly! Thanks

LOL, it is! Our trains cost more than taking a plane.... that sais it all! :rolleyes:

Anyway....good luck and hope you have a good time in Stockholm :;):